Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

On 1/16/2017 at 8:18 AM, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Not even going to watch.  Yeesh.  Bout three to six times-too many for the great BJ Penn.  Don't let the post-Frankie 1 career fool you, BJ was a bad mother****er in his day.  Hang.  Them.  Up.  Wow.

No more in the UFC, at the very least.  He'll have to go somewhere else.  Hope he doesn't.

On 1/16/2017 at 10:03 AM, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Yeah don't watch it. It was rough. 

12 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

Daley with an early candidate for knockout of the year

9 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

My gosh, it landed flush as hell.  Listen to that connection a few times.  Homerun swing that connects.  Spinning elbow definitely rattled dude, but still a shot you land a few times a career.  Phew.

Are you guys intent on tormenting me with these videos ? :)

That vid is as painful for me to watch, as it was for you guys to see BJ Penn get beat up.

Brennan Ward is my BJ Penn.

Or one of them,

I have a few BJ Penns.

The Cowboy fight should have been stopped at the end of Round 1.  He was pretty much out and helpless, and it showed in the 2nd before he was TKO'd.

Julianna Pena still has a future in the 135lb division but hopefully this loss stops her from running her mouth a little bit.

Does he though?  Very padded record.  Got starched a few times, especially when he dipped his toe in the big-leagues.  Heel hooked Alvarez 9 years ago.  Hey, Ryo Chonan heel hooked Anderson Silva.  Alvarez becoming champ was a HUGE surprise.  It's not like, hey, HE BEAT THE RECENT CHAMP.

Korean Zombie has been making freaky **** happen in the big leagues for a while now, wins in all sorts of ways.  Comes back after a 2 year stint in the military and makes a high ranked dude go ni-night.  Zombie impresses me more.

Aoki is a master on the ground, but that's just about it.  Saku had beastly wrestling, good kicks, would throw hands if he had to....lol.  The Zombie is well rounded and dangerous as ****.

Aoki wasn't built for the WEC or UFC, in my eyes.  He'da got snuffed out quickly.

• Like 1

Zombie being more well rounded is no question, still doesn't make his resume better

Aoki has some really good wins on his docket. Aoki beat Hellboy two out of 3, subbed him both times, including a gogoplata. done when Hellboy was top 10, and likely top 5 at the time. Aoki also has good wins across at 145, 155, & 170. he got robbed out of a decision against Sakurai when Sakurai was clear top 10.

Best name on Zombie's record is either Hominick or Prorier, good fighters but of the same class that Aoki has handled.  getting starched happens to all fighters eventually.  hell someone named George Roop put down the Zombie with a headkick

tumblr_mj9mkmxG0S1ry1rm7o1_400.gif

I love the Zombie, but I'd take Aoki's resume over his at the moment.

Not going to find the gifs of Aoki's Royce Gracie approach getting neutralized.  He has nothing in the standup.  Might as well start the fight laying down.

Zombie would wreck him prime vs. prime, they were in the same era for a while.  He's the better fighter.  Resume is tough, only because Jung has a short one for a pretty good reason.  Not exactly pumping out wins in DREAM or anything.

At least he's going for the gold, and making statements like a boss in the process.  Then coming back from a 2 year hiatus and ****ing up a hopeful contender.

So Anderson just won via robbery against Derek Brunson.  Still wants to fight for a really long time.  In to his late 40s.

Man, he still shows flashes of greatness, I think his fight IQ hurts him more than even his age does.  He still has that freakin awesome technique and head movement, but he randomly throws down like a brawler now, and sometimes absorbs shots seemingly on purpose.  It's like he still has supreme confidence in his chin.  The "go ahead and hit me" **** is not working anymore.

• Like 1

you should always cheat in MMA, refs will tell you stop 3 times before they consider taking a point

38 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

So Anderson just won via robbery against Derek Brunson.  Still wants to fight for a really long time.  In to his late 40s.

Man, he still shows flashes of greatness, I think his fight IQ hurts him more than even his age does.  He still has that freakin awesome technique and head movement, but he randomly throws down like a brawler now, and sometimes absorbs shots seemingly on purpose.  It's like he still has supreme confidence in his chin.  The "go ahead and hit me" **** is not working anymore.

he's on that Roy Jones Jr path so much more than he realizes

bad card on paper, that turned out worse in reality

Edited by StillUnknown