Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I think DC beats Jones this time, based on the fact that the last time Jones had a long layoff, he clearly looked rusty against OSP, and not the same Jones.

This time, it's the exact same layoff period (15 months) and Jones isn't getting a tune-up for Cormier, so could we see a Jones who has enough cage rust, to close the gap between the talent of the two ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StillUnknown said:

DC's declined since their previous fight IMO, shoukx cancel out the cage rust by Jones

I think Jones wins easier than first time

I just now thought of this - perhaps the other reason Jones didn't look nearly as dominant against OSP, was matchup reasons ; size in particular.

Jones struggled the most against Gustaffson, and Gus' size was a big factor in that. And OSP is almost the same height as Gus.

Looks like a connection with being 6'4 or more, and the ability to minimize Jones' reach advantage.

29 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I just now thought of this - perhaps the other reason Jones didn't look nearly as dominant against OSP, was matchup reasons ; size in particular.

Jones struggled the most against Gustaffson, and Gus' size was a big factor in that. And OSP is almost the same height as Gus.

Looks like a connection with being 6'4 or more, and the ability to minimize Jones' reach advantage.

I thought Jones was thoroughly dominant against OSP, just wasn't that exciting

I don't remember OSP being competitive in any round, although my memory may be a little shaky

seeing more and more rumors about Brock coming back and getting an immediate title shot.  Fits right in with how business operates these days

22 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

Why do you say D.C. Declined 

that fight with Anderson he looked off. timing is off and his striking defense is getting worse each fight, which makes Rumble's fight strategy all the more dumb. he doesn't seem to have the gas tank he once did.

i would say that he needs to close the distance as much as he can on Jones, but Jones easily won the inside fighting in their first fight. those early knees and body attack in the 1st couple of rounds probably killed any chance of DC having energy late

DC picked up a meaningless takedown late in the first fight, if he can't get Jones down early and often, I don't see how he wins. Jones will win the striking whether its inside or outside

Just now, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I think you are exaggerating how he looked against Anderson. As for gas tank, I'm slightly concerned about that as well. 

he was absolutely dominant against Anderson, he also looked afraid of getting hit. that sets of alarms to me when i see it in fighters, especially ones on the wrong side of 30

On 7/20/2017 at 0:16 AM, StillUnknown said:

he also looked afraid of getting hit. that sets of alarms to me when i see it in fighters, especially ones on the wrong side of 30

I'm starting to wonder if Weidman might get that way soon, after having his face bashed in 3 straight fights.

He needs a win tomorrow more than anyone.

Fun Fact : Weidman has never lost as a headliner.

I just came across this guy, and I don't know if you guys have heard of him, but he is awesome at breaking down and analyzing fights, and what's more amazing, is I think this guy is an amateur.

Maybe watching this guys' videos will be the difference for me, in catching up to all you smart, more experienced MMA fans.

Weidman vs. Gastelum on Fox tonight

its shocking to see the amount of people picking Gastelum to win this fight.

A short time ago, Weidman was supposed to be Anderson's heir to MW division.  It reinforces how special long time reigns were from Anderson/GSP/Aldo/Mighty Mouse

22 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

I just came across this guy, and I don't know if you guys have heard of him, but he is awesome at breaking down and analyzing fights, and what's more amazing, is I think this guy is an amateur.

Maybe watching this guys' videos will be the difference for me, in catching up to all you smart, more experienced MMA fans.

that is a very good breakdown

Heavy Hands Podcast is another great one: https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2015/3/11/8196959/heavy-hands-podcast-mma-technique-boxing-patrick-wyman-connor-ruebusch-analysis

Wyman is my favorite when it comes to breakdowns and fight reviews

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

prelims were pretty good.

Alex Oliveira killed a guy with perfectly timed uppercut. one shot and a face plant walkoff KO

I hadnt even heard of that guy, and he was ranked pretty high. Had good ground control but didnt do much when he was down there. 

But yea that uppercut was vicious.