Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I am not sure what GSP's actual plans are. The way his post-fight interview made it seem, he might have just come back to test himself and go for the title and now he's going to peace out for good.  Someone mentioned the contract he signed states he has to defend the title once at 185, but I think fighters like Whitaker, Rockhold etc etc.....will destroy him. He really doesn't belong at that weight and it showed.  At 170lb he  beats the breaks off someone with Bispings skill set.

7 hours ago, NoCalMike said:

If Conor is being serious about his "part ownership" demands, dude ain't ever going to sniff another fight in the UFC.

I dont know about that. UFC isn't as big as it was when they were declining co-promotion in the past.  With Rousey retired and Bones ****ing up every chance he gets, the UFC really has nobody else who can sell a PPV

they need Conor a hell of a lot more than he needs them

2 hours ago, StillUnknown said:

I dont know about that. UFC isn't as big as it was when they were declining co-promotion in the past.  With Rousey retired and Bones ****ing up every chance he gets, the UFC really has nobody else who can sell a PPV

they need Conor a hell of a lot more than he needs them

What Conor is essentially asking for is to be treated sort of like Mayweather in the fact.  As in he is fighting under his own "McGregor MMA" if you will.  UFC is not going to go for that.

It's true that Conor is now set for life and can demand whatever he wants (or ride off into the sunset). That much was established by his boxing pay day, however it doesn't mean the UFC will play ball with that nonsense. 

Edited by NoCalMike

My wife works with the UFC as an editor and has been working Embedded all week in NYC, so she got to meet Bisping who has been one of her favorites for a while. I feel for her. In general I think Bisping is a solid dude and good salesman, more so than an absolute asshole.

Happy for GSP though, if he had come back looking slow and bad, it would have been depressing for everyone. 

7 minutes ago, Malapropismic Depository said:

GSP sincerely and humbly apologizing for saying "balls"

If GSP fights Whittaker, it may have the least trash-talking ever in a fight.

GSP public persona is strange.  He seems to really want to project a overtly good guy image and I can't decide why that is.  It doesn't help market him, and it doesn't seem to be a religious thing.  Best I can come up with is that he's either too Canadian for his own good or his parents are the sort of people that frown as a form of communication.