Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Just now, Destino said:

Jose used to be so much faster than every one fought.  That's clearly gone.  Without the speed and without gas, he looks surprisingly average.  Max didn't even respect his power tonight.  He let Aldo hit him like it was never a concern.

I think its more of a testament to the greatness of Holloway and to a lesser extent, McGregor.

he looked plenty fast enough in his fight against Edgar.  Holloway just forces him into a fight he can't sustain.  These two fights with Holloway will speed up the end of his career

3 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

I think its more of a testament to the greatness of Holloway and to a lesser extent, McGregor.

he looked plenty fast enough in his fight against Edgar.  Holloway just forces him into a fight he can't sustain.  These two fights with Holloway will speed up the end of his career

Hard to judge anything in the mcgregor fight, but Edgar was 35.  Looking fast against an old fighter, isn't the same thing as looking fast against a young killer.  Aldo isn't slow, but he's slower.  

The fact that Holloway is the interm champ, and McGregor is the official champ, yet McGregor's name wasn't brought up once post-fight, can't be a good sign for Conor's future in the UFC.  The way UFC hypes things, you'd think they would have milked the potential rematch for everything they could the second Holloway beat Aldo.

Overeem deserves a bonus just for being able to wake up.  Stipe Miocic has his work cut out for him, but those saying he has no shot might be overplaying their cards.  I think Stipe will really try to test Ngannou's cardio by getting on the bike and constantly moving away the way he has done against most opponents.  He will try to play the long game, get him gassed.  

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

I wouldn’t either but I don’t see Conor cutting to 145 again. 

Holloway isn’t the interim champ. He is the undisputed Champ. Ferguson is the interim champ

Bwahahaha, you're right. I was confusing the two weight divisions.

• 4 weeks later...

Khabib is a savage.  I've been saying for a couple years that he'd wreck Conor.  Khabib has been under the radar until this fight due to his injury problems which led to weight cutting issues.  He is such an elite grappler, but also mauls opponents with strikes once he has them down. He is relentless. 

I feel like Holm lacks a killer instinct in the Octagon.  No one will ever forget her head kick heard round the world against Rousey, but otherwise, she always looks like she is in there to have tough sparring matches.  She rocked Cyborg a couple times really well and didn't follow up.  It's painful to watch someone with so much technical skill and great footwork never just bear down and go for it.  And she says as much about her performances as well after every single fight, about letting opponents off the hook after connecting on very good strikes.

Nunes vs. Cyborg would be fun.  Nunes uses her length really well and has the one punch power to rock Cyborg, and if she does, I don't think she is sitting back and allowing her time to try and recover.  I'd still put Cyborg as the favorite, but Nunes is another killer in there at least.

2 hours ago, PleaseBlitz said:

:rofl89:

So true. Was like watching NatGeo of lions hunting gazelle. Lions get em down, Gazelle struggle for a bit but eventually give in to the inevitable. 

You literally see that transformation happen in the faces of Khabibs opponents. 

• 2 weeks later...