Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Cormier did what Bones should have done a year or so ago, which was move to heavyweight to truly challenge himself.  Cormier did it and wins the belt.  I hope Jones is paying attention in between his training videos.  Stay clean and do the kinds of things that legitimate GOAT nominees do.

As far as Brock goes.  Ho hum, another guy who will make UFC a lot of money getting pushed into a title shot they don't deserve, but hey it will get a ton of buys and that's the #1 concern these days.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

What happened? My stream cut as soon as the fight ended. 

Normal post fight interview. Then DC took the mic from Rogan and did his best WWE promo. Called out Lesnar. He came into the octagon. Lesnar got the mic and called Stipe a ****, called DC a **** and pushed him. Cussed a few more times and it was over. Very cringy.

6 minutes ago, StillUnknown said:

as much as Stipe accomplished, I could never buy into the "best hw of all time" nonsense they were selling. he accomplished far more than I thought he would, but I could never shake him getting finished by Struve. Bad couple of weeks for Cleveland.

The problem with the HW division is it hardly ever has a solid list of contenders that are well rounded fighters.  It is often a mix of guys like Lewis/Ngannou who are big punchers but not much else, or over the hill guys that used to fight at light HW, or brawlers who get on a short winning streak and get a title shot. 

Not to mention anytime a fighter wins a few fights in a row, the UFC model is to start throwing in "Greatest of all time"  It is a terrible habit.

Stipe was more well rounded than the competition and it showed, but DC is a better all around fighter than Stipe and it showed tonight.  It also seemed by Stipe's body language he sort of wasn't taking this serious. It reminded me of the way Rockhold was acting leading up to his 2nd fight with Bisping.  Stipe was acting almost like he was just going along with what UFC was making him do, and he could cruise through a fight to victory. 

I don't think the HW division has ever been as consistent as it was back when Fedor ruled the MMA world. 

Edited by NoCalMike
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, CRobi21 said:

Normal post fight interview. Then DC took the mic from Rogan and did his best WWE promo. Called out Lesnar. He came into the octagon. Lesnar got the mic and called Stipe a ****, called DC a **** and pushed him. Cussed a few more times and it was over. Very cringy.

Should've had Heyman cut his promo :bye:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, PleaseBlitz said:

Between the snoozefest and the circus, I’ve now lost all interest in the heavyweight division. 

At least Conor’s antics seem genuine(ly cocaine-fueled). Conor v. Khabib needs to happen soon.

Conor is more legit than Brock ever was. Conor vs Khabib is a great fight. Brock vs DC is terrible. Brock showed he can’t take a punch. DC will stop the takedown or get back up and that will be that. 

• 2 weeks later...

I want to see Conor get his face smeshed in by Khabib as much as the next guy, but I don't want to support an organization that lets their fighters harm other fighters outside of the octagon and then use it later in promo footage like it's a big joke.

Guess I'll be looking for a struggle stream that night. Not spending a dime on Conor.

• Thanks 1