Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Rousey bought a bit too much into her own hype. Does not have the stand up game for someone like a Holm, clearly. Wow, that was a beat down and she looked like she was toying with her in the second round. All made that much more striking with Rouseys antics at weigh ins and match start

Edited by ZRagone

Eat **** Dana White. And the excuses begin for Ronda from everyone..."Ronda just didn't look right before the fight", "Ronda has so much going on in her life"...oh bull****. She tried to stand and trade with an world class boxer and paid dearly for it. Holm is an humble and tremendous champ. Good for her!

• Like 1

i'm surprised Rogan is taking it so well.

he basically turned Rousey into a deity in the promos]

The "not a once in a lifetime athlete, a once EVER athlete" is like "Welcome to the Machida Era" to the tenth power.

God damn that knockout, and that entire performance, was mother****in gorgeous. Unbelievable to watch the queen of WMMA fall so damn hard. Eyes closed, getting hammerfisted, blood all over her mouth and nose. Brutal.

I'm not a big MMA person or anything but I was watching it so whatever

That was incredible in how outclassed Rousey looked, I mean I get it it's a quick fight and it's very easy for things to go wrong when you're dealing with people trying to kill eachother, but Rousey trying to beat Holm at her own game started derailing within the first few hits in the first round.  

I'm sure the whole thing could have been different if Rousey could have carried out whatever move she was trying to pull when they were on the ground, but she ran out of gas and punches she could handle really fast.

That dodge holly did was awesome, and of course, seeing her clean precise knockout was nice too.

Obviously this could go very differently in a rematch.  I know nothing about it but I was just happy I actually watched it usually I'm not very into MMA type stuff.  I'm more of a sumo wrestling type of guy.... lol  

anybody else surprised that Rousey seems to be out of shape. She was gassed by the end of the first

Luke ThomasVerified account
‏@SBNLukeThomas
Here's the craziest part: there's not a lot you can point to that would give you a ton of confidence for Rousey's chances in a rematch.

^^^this is a very good point. Could be a Dillashaw/Barao kinda thing happening. Holm was very well prepared for the clinch situations tonight and did not panic. No way Rousey can make up the gulf that exists between their striking levels.

I imagine the rematch will be scheduled for UFC200

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

I don't know why any of you think that UFC is upset about this. It is just going to make for a huge pay day when there is a rematch. If RR had won quick, people would get bored of the lack of competition. This just makes it a lot more interesting.

• Like 1

Yeah, there's definitely going to be a re-match, too much money in it.  It does seem like it'll be tough to Rousey to train to beat Holm, Holm defended against takedowns beautifully.

Either Rousey was out of shape or Holm really scrambled her head in the first few strikes.  I'll say the latter because Holm looked great the whole time.

We're in uncharted territory with Women's UFC.

I don't know why any of you think that UFC is upset about this. It is just going to make for a huge pay day when there is a rematch. If RR had won quick, people would get bored of the lack of competition. This just makes it a lot more interesting.

in most instances, I would agree, Ronda is a different situation. The casuals that only watch for her don't care who Rousey faces, it was about her being dominant and ending fights in less than minute.

I'm interested to see how this affect Rousey's Hollywood aspirations 

anybody else surprised that Rousey seems to be out of shape. She was gassed by the end of the first

Luke ThomasVerified account

‏@SBNLukeThomas

Here's the craziest part: there's not a lot you can point to that would give you a ton of confidence for Rousey's chances in a rematch.

^^^this is a very good point. Could be a Dillashaw/Barao kinda thing happening. Holm was very well prepared for the clinch situations tonight and did not panic. No way Rousey can make up the gulf that exists between their striking levels.

I imagine the rematch will be scheduled for UFC200

She didn't look that good at the weigh in. Might have been a bad cut. She had a lot of drama this camp. Her mom saying she wants to run Edmond over with a car. Travis Browne outing their relationship, which she clearley didn't like. Then the whole Edmond bankruptcy story.

Luke Thomas is right though. This wasn't some fluke thing. She got her ass kicked the whole fight.

Who knows what kind of shape she has been in for any of her fights? They have all been so short and she has never faced any adversity in any of them. This was the first time things didn't go her way and she looked completely lost.