Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

some really good prospects on this card

Kinda surprised they're matching Burns vs. Magomedov, both are really good prospects still early into their ufc careers. Thomas Almeida vs, Birchak will be violent as long as its lasts. Almeida is a savage with his standup, but he is easy to hit.

Gotta say, I don't have much interest in the main event, but I'm picking Vitor by KO.

I don't think I've ever wanted a fighter to lose more than Rhonda Rousey. It's not an hatred for her, it's an hatred for how overhyped of an athlete she is. She beats the hell out of a bunch of females who don't have anywhere close to the background she does. It would be like putting Lebron James in the D-League. I like Rhonda a lot but I'm over it. I'm sick of people who never cared about the sport suddenly calling her not only the greatest female fighter, but the greatest fighter ever in general. Enough already, my lord.

• Like 1

I don't think I've ever wanted a fighter to lose more than Rhonda Rousey. It's not an hatred for her, it's an hatred for how overhyped of an athlete she is. She beats the hell out of a bunch of females who don't have anywhere close to the background she does. It would be like putting Lebron James in the D-League. I like Rhonda a lot but I'm over it. I'm sick of people who never cared about the sport suddenly calling her not only the greatest female fighter, but the greatest fighter ever in general. Enough already, my lord.

Soon as the promo started, I hit mute on my TV

Yamasaki sucked tonight. Stood up a fight when a dude had the opponent's arm trapped, and without any warnings. Then he stopped the main event too early. I know Hendo was seeing triple, I know he ate a bomb on the ground, I know that he would've probably lost anyway, but Yamasaki was IMMEDIATELY in there after the first ground punch landed flush. Hendo's head bounced back but he wasn't out. Yamasaki was like oh my god Vitor is scary, let me stop this. Let these dudes fight man, it's ****ing fighting.

Yamasaki sucked tonight. Stood up a fight when a dude had the opponent's arm trapped, and without any warnings. Then he stopped the main event too early. I know Hendo was seeing triple, I know he ate a bomb on the ground, I know that he would've probably lost anyway, but Yamasaki was IMMEDIATELY in there after the first ground punch landed flush. Hendo's head bounced back but he wasn't out. Yamasaki was like oh my god Vitor is scary, let me stop this. Let these dudes fight man, it's ****ing fighting.

Dude, hendo was out. Yamasaki jumped in to stop it when hendo went out and the next hit woke him back up. The fight was done. He doesn't need to take unnecessary punishment to show how tough he is. The guys a legend, he deserves to have some of his brain left when he retires.

Dude, hendo was out. Yamasaki jumped in to stop it when hendo went out and the next hit woke him back up. The fight was done. He doesn't need to take unnecessary punishment to show how tough he is. The guys a legend, he deserves to have some of his brain left when he retires.

Yep, I hate to say it because I love Hendo, but he was out for a second. He came back to after he got grazed with a punch. I have no problem with the stoppage. 

• Like 1

Well then Nog was out after Fedor's superpunch, he was definitely stunned for longer. Plenty of examples of people taking a big shot and their heads flailing back, unable to operate for a moment. I think you guys are looking at it too much from a "he's a 45 year old who could get brain damage" perspective. I think if you're in the UFC, you should get a fair shake. Otherwise, they shouldn't let him fight. I'm all for that. It's just that it was a particularly quick stoppage, looking at it without any bias towards either fighter. I'm just imagining someone losing their belt to that stoppage. Nah, I'd feel a little cheated, simply as a fan. We've seen comebacks from worse.

When I looked at it again, it didn't look as quick, but I still think it's relatively quick.

Now, ahem, aside from the Senior division, we have the sport's golden goose fighting in a couple days. I expect Holm to try keep a ton of distance and counter Rousey, definitely want to try to get a kick off. I think Rousey will absorb some shots, but still find the clinch super early. Think this will take about :55.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

So Cro Cop is the first fighter to be busted by the new USADA drug testing guidelines. I had a weird feeling that was going to happen when he abruptly retired last week. He even mentioned then that he was taking some "****tails of drugs" to try to get over some injuries. I respect him for being honest about it and telling the truth today after getting popped instead of making up a bogus excuse.

However, in a statement subsequently posted on his official website, mirkofilipovic.com, the Croatian vet admits to using “a little mix of growth hormone.” The 41-year-old maintains it was in an effort to speed up the recovery of a shoulder injury, that he felt he had no other choices, and that “a desperate man will try anything.”

“Growth hormones are on the list of banned substances,” he wrote. “I knew that already. But there was no other way to save my shoulder – at least in my mind – without combining the blood plasma with growth hormones.”

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/11/cro-cop-maintains-retirement-was-due-to-injuries-admits-to-using-growth-hormone

Plenty of examples of people taking a big shot and their heads flailing back, unable to operate for a moment. I think you guys are looking at it too much from a "he's a 45 year old who could get brain damage" perspective. I think if you're in the UFC, you should get a fair shake. Otherwise, they shouldn't let him fight. I'm all for that. It's just that it was a particularly quick stoppage, looking at it without any bias towards either fighter. I'm just imagining someone losing their belt to that stoppage. Nah, I'd feel a little cheated, simply as a fan. We've seen comebacks from worse.

When I looked at it again, it didn't look as quick, but I still think it's relatively quick.

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree, but I think it was more than just his head flailing back and being unable to operate for a sec. He was knocked out. Yes, he came back to quickly, but after he was knocked out, IMO. And you are right, many fights have gone on after something like that happens because it happens so fast sometimes. But that does not make it right, in that situation. A fight should not continue after someone is knocked out, even if it was just momentarily. I love Hendo, but I am not looking at it from an older fighter perspective, I am just looking at it from an overall fighter safety perspective.

And LOL @ the "senior division." Haha.  

I guess we are going to have to agree to disagree, but I think it was more than just his head flailing back and being unable to operate for a sec. He was knocked out. Yes, he came back to quickly, but after he was knocked out, IMO. And you are right, many fights have gone on after something like that happens because it happens so fast sometimes. But that does not make it right, in that situation. A fight should not continue after someone is knocked out, even if it was just momentarily. I love Hendo, but I am not looking at it from an older fighter perspective, I am just looking at it from an overall fighter safety perspective.

And LOL @ the "senior division." Haha.

Yeah, I don't think he was knocked -out-. Knocked in to seeing 3 Vitors over top of him, yes. Just a difference of opinion. I think their second fight was more clear-cut, as his head was laying there completely still, and his eyes were closed, but even that one had controversy. Thought it was a good call. No doubt he was getting blasted in this recent fight, and showed absolutely nothing again. The more I think about it, the more I realize the loss has a lot more to do with Hendo being completely perplexed by Vitor, rather than the stoppage. I think he threw a grand total of 0 strikes in the last two fights against Vitor. He sorta pawed towards him before the KO in the second fight, but no actual punch was thrown. Hendo is coming down from that late surge in his career, and I'd like to see him take a goodbye fight or be cut. It's inevitable that he gets his brains scrambled again. Have a feeling he'll fight in Bellator, which is still concerning as he climbs in to his late 40s, but at least he won't be fighting the top flight people in the UFC. Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Have a feeling he'll fight in Bellator, which is still concerning as he climbs in to his late 40s, but at least he won't be fighting the top flight people in the UFC.

Yep...I definitely see Bellator in his future. I think he has one more fight on his UFC contract, but I don't know if that fight will happen. Dan's a fighter and I think he is going to keep on fighting for a while. Whether that's the best idea or not....that's a different story.  

• Like 1

Hmm!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WN_e2hIKIf0

Is Ronda halfway crying during that interview? I remember getting so mad that I'd tear up. Don't think Ronda is shook, just seems like she wanted to beat her ass right there.

Ronda by armbar RD1. Watch her hold it too long ala Paul Harris. Suspension. Full heel mode initiated. Women will idolize her even more.

not really interested tonight's card to be honest

Holm's boxing isn't as great as they're selling. Better than anyone Rousey's fought by a country mile, but she's not infallible on the feet. She might be able to keep the distance long to enough to make a couple of minutes, but I'm not sure she has the strength necessary to stop Ronda from pushing her against the fence.

I am in the tank for Lady Joanna from Poland, but her opponent has no business in the cage with her tonight. On most books, JJ is a far bigger favorite to beat Louternau than Rousey is to beat Holm. This fight is merely a showcase designed to make JJ look good to the rest of the people tuning in to watch Rousey. Claudia Gadehla should be the one fighting JJ, their first fight was razor thin and most media scored it for Gadehla. 

Hunt vs. Bigfoot is a rematch of a classic, but Bigfoot has looked shot since the removal of TRT.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1