Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Nelson turned it around there at the end there, but way too little way too late. I think it's 5-0. Think 1, 3, 5 are debatable.

Most of the fight took place in the clinch with Big Country's back against the fence. Steady dose of clean strikes by Barnett.

That fight was a really good display of many MMA facets, at least for HWs it was. I was proud of Josh even though I was rooting for Roy.

192 picks:

DC by UD: I think Gus will have his moments, particularly if he uses his footwork to keep the fight at range. I expect him to stuff a couple of takedowns but will eventually fall victim to DC's ability to chain wrestle. Gus is very good in the clinch, but he's a bit more predictable in that area than Bones. DC had no clue what was coming in the clinch when he fought Bones, he shouldn't have that issue tonight.

Rashad over Bader by UD: If not for the long layoff, I would pick Rashad to finish Bader. Bader is very competent fighter, but something prevents me from picking him.

Baugtinov over Benadvidez by UD: picking the upset because I think Benavidez is starting to show some wear and tear. Baugutinov has just about dominated everyone he's faced not named Mighty Mouse.

Pena over Eye by (t)ko

Fedor Emelianenko's opponent for his Dec. 31 return fight is expected to be announced at a press conference in Japan on Thursday, however, sources with knowledge of the fight say the new Japanese promotion is targeting Indian-Japanese heavyweight kickboxer Jaideep Singh as his foe.

The 28-year-old Singh is 40-10 (1 NC) in kickboxing but just 1-0 in MMA. His lone MMA fight was in June 2013 when he defeated Alireza Tavak at Super Fight League 19. The 2009 K-1 World Grand Prix in Seoul champion hasn't won a kickboxing match since 2011.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2015/10/6/9461283/new-japanese-promotion-targeting-fedor-emelianenko-vs-singh-jaideep

Well, that is disappointing. What's the point? 

I mean, I don't expect him to fight a huge name in his first bout back, but I would expect someone that at least has a name that someone recognizes. Fedor only has a limited amount of fights left in his body, and this just feels like a waste. 

• 2 weeks later...

We had a conversation about domestic violence in MMA in here a few months ago. Well, here's another one:

Former UFC fighter Lavar Johnson arrested for allegedly beating up girlfriend.

http://thebiglead.com/2015/10/23/former-ufc-fighter-lavar-johnson-arrested-for-allegedly-beating-up-girlfriend/?ref=yfp

Among the allegations, Johnson’s GF says he slammed her against the wall and ground, kneed her in the face and head multiple times and then struck her 11 more times in the face with a closed fist.

Johnson’s GF says the fighter eventually backed off when he saw the blood streaming down her face.

When cops arrived, Johnson was gone — but the girlfriend was clearly busted up … with swelling across her forehead and nose and blood everywhere. She later needed staples to close one of the gashes.

Surprised she remembers specifically how she was beaten. 11 punches after getting kneed in the head by that beastly mofo? She counted 'em up? That's a young Mark Hunt level chin.

Report: UFC Interested in Acquiring Naming Rights for New Las Vegas Arena

http://www.sherdog.com/news/news/Report-UFC-Interested-in-Acquiring-Naming-Rights-for-New-Las-Vegas-Arena-94761#elEzZtzBWrsqxxli.99

Come next year, fighters could ply their trade in a venue bearing the name of the world’s largest mixed martial arts promotion.

---

In addition to MMA, the facility will host boxing matches and concerts. An ownership group is in the preliminary process of bringing professional hockey to Las Vegas; if successful, that NHL team would also call the new facility home.

The Las Vegas-based organization is already planning to hold UFC 200 at the as-yet-unnamed venue. The card will take place on July 9, 2016, as part of International Fight Week.

UFC-Arena-750.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

There was a UFC card yesterday, and nobody here even mentioned it. Definitely a first for this thread.

i was interested in Duffy vs. Prorier, but when that got scrapped, I watched college football instead

Traffic and activity has definitely faded in this thread, as of recently......even for major fights, such as DC vs Gus.

I just assumed that maybe more guys are posting more at Sherdog

Traffic and activity has definitely faded in this thread, as of recently......even for major fights, such as DC vs Gus.

I just assumed that maybe more guys are posting more at Sherdog

I never post at Sherdog, just lurk. Haven't been able to figure out my password. Not worth it anyway, that's a crazy forum.

MMA had been quiet. Excited for Hendo vs. Belfort. Might be two over the hillers, but at least they both can knock each others blocks off. Go Hendo!!!

As far as DC vs. Gus, I didn't see it. Feel like my fandom is fading back. I know it was a good fight, heard all about it, but meh. Will maybe watch it one day. Jones/Cormier II I'm definitely interested in, will watch. Jones at his most vulnerable with the long layoff, against a guy who has stayed active and gave him a relatively good challenge the first time. I just haven't taken LHW seriously since Jones' belt was taken away.

• Like 2

I never post at Sherdog, just lurk. Haven't been able to figure out my password. Not worth it anyway, that's a crazy forum.

MMA had been quiet. Excited for Hendo vs. Belfort. Might be two over the hillers, but at least they both can knock each others blocks off. Go Hendo!!!

As far as DC vs. Gus, I didn't see it. Feel like my fandom is fading back. I know it was a good fight, heard all about it, but meh. Will maybe watch it one day. Jones/Cormier II I'm definitely interested in, will watch. Jones at his most vulnerable with the long layoff, against a guy who has stayed active and gave him a relatively good challenge the first time. I just haven't taken LHW seriously since Jones' belt was taken away.

Jones has been posting some workout videos on social media lately, dude didn't get fat during his time off. He's looking kinda killer-ish