Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

What a lame main card. Actually went out to the bar for this because it looked promising, but nah. I don't think there was a single good fight out of those five. Arlovski/Mir was certainly close, but come on. Even Arlovski looked disappointed.

The prelims were really good though. Loved Felder/Pearson and Lineker/Rivera.

Edited by Bacon

• 2 weeks later...

Didn't realize Ryan Hall was on this season of TUF

that might be enough to get me to watch for the first time in forever, or at least to watch when he fights

I have no idea how good he is with striking, but he has shown some pretty creative ways to get the fight to the ground. I know he works with Tri-Star so he's getting some damn good coaching, hope he has success.

Edited by StillUnknown
  • Like 1

Nick Diaz has been suspended by the NSAC for 5 years for his third marijuana offense.

Haven't watched this yet, but this is his reaction interview:

I had to stop at 1:47 of a 12 min video. I was losing my mind trying to figure out what he was losing his mind trying to communicate. 

I had to stop at 1:47 of a 12 min video. I was losing my mind trying to figure out what he was losing his mind trying to communicate. 

Maybe smoking too much weed clouded his brain.  And it's all well and good to call the NSAC corrupt (they probably are), and he can blame them for keeping him from fighting, but at some point he has to have some personal responsibility and realize that it was his decision to use marijuana and if he really wanted to fight whoever, he could just not use it.

• Like 1

Didn't realize Ryan Hall was on this season of TUF

that might be enough to get me to watch for the first time in forever, or at least to watch when he fights

I have no idea how good he is with striking, but he has shown some pretty creative ways to get the fight to the ground. I know he works with Tri-Star so he's getting some damn good coaching, hope he has success.

Don't know if youve watched any yet so I don't wanna spoil anything, but he has performed very well so far. 

Don't know if youve watched any yet so I don't wanna spoil anything, but he has performed very well so far. 

yeah I saw his fight to get into the house and his first real fight.

I am very confident he can submit anybody in the UFC from 145-155. just about how creative he is in forcing it to the ground.

his jiu-jitsu instructionals are some of the best out there, he has a very analytical mind when it comes to fighting.

He talks about wanting to get up and hit people at the hearing a few times in that interview. That his lawyers were "sweating bullets" thinking he was going to go crazy.

I don't like the 5 year ban. I know it's a "banned substance", but that is such a narrow view on the subject. We've thrown people in jail for having a lil weed on them because we approached the old laws without giving them a second thought. It was ridiculous. Nick is a crazy mother****er, he has extreme anxiety issues. That's something THC helps. It gets him through the day psychologically, relaxes him. He's not doing it to get an edge in the fight game. Is Xanax and other anxiety meds allowed? They have worse side effects and can have a reverse effect in a lot of cases.

All I'm saying is, they need to calm down with the ****in huge punishments for weed, and being so sensitive to it. Oh no, a weed metabolite from **** you smoked last month was found - that's a year suspension. It's ****in pathetic. What are you trying to prove, what message are you sending by being so insanely harsh on marijuana use?

It's becoming legal, people are getting ticketed for being caught with it, but some sectors of the society are still stuck in that 1950s mentality. Weed makes ya rape women!

I know he has to follow the rules, but I'm supposed to follow the law, as well as all the other pot smokers I've known. There is a reason we break the law - it's the best, healthiest anti-depressant out there. It's illegal for bull**** reasons.

• Like 1

He wasn't punished 5 years for just weed, it was because he is a multiple offender. The fact it is illegal isn't the issue because fighting in the ufc is a privilege not a right. So, they can ban legal substances if they want. The reason the suspension is non sense is because the way the commission went about testing Diaz. They were inconsistent and thats why its bs. I really don't think it is a weed issue but a commission issue. 

He wasn't punished 5 years for just weed, it was because he is a multiple offender. The fact it is illegal isn't the issue because fighting in the ufc is a privilege not a right. So, they can ban legal substances if they want. The reason the suspension is non sense is because the way the commission went about testing Diaz. They were inconsistent and thats why its bs. I really don't think it is a weed issue but a commission issue.

It is a weed issue, and perhaps a commission issue, but he got busted 3 times with weed in his system. Not steroids, which helps you hurt people. Or drugs like alcohol or coke, which you can OD on and reach states of absolute madness.

Go ahead and drink up in the TUF house, and have drunk fights. Gotta get those horrible ratings to be a little less horrible.

Oh you smoke weed? Suspended. Even if we barely found traces of stuff you smoked over a month ago. We have to keep our image clean. Brought to you by Bud Light and energy drinks. Oh look at that guy get knocked unconcious!

If we sat around and said "a rule is a rule" all the time, we'd still be stoning people and burning them at the stake for trivial ****. Let Nick fight. I'd have absolutely NO problem with him fighting soon.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Don't compare getting stoned to stoning people. Ridiculous comparison. Fighting in the ufc is a privilege, its just like what happened to Josh Gordon, dude got suspend for a year because he had alcohol in his system because of the probation he got from smoking weed. Dude is a dumb ass. Don't smoke weed if its part of your job. Nick gets no sympathy from me for breaking the rules. His punishment however was very unfair. The commission tested Nick using two different companies and both gave different results.

From an article

Why did Nevada choose to take the extraordinary steps of testing Diaz three times in a matter of hours, only to effectively use different standards for the tests? Is it reasonable to believe that Diaz smoked marijuana after 7:12 and before 10:38, then somehow un-smoked between 10:38 and 11:55?

It was inconsistent that's why the punishment was unfair.

Do I care if fighters use weed, no, but its a rule so it should be followed. Do I mind it being changed, no. To say its some social injustice is absurd.