Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Michael Johnson has come a long way, I remember when he lost against Brookins.

I suspect his submission game is still weak, but he has very good defensive wrestling. His standup has really tightened up training with the Blackzillians. I'm leaning towards Dariush because I think he will force it to the ground someway, but if it stays standing, Johnson's handspeed should carry him.

Edited by StillUnknown

Damn, Nunes finished McMann with authority.

McMann looked as though she was not prepared at all for the possibility that Nunes might stuff a takedown or 2. I refuse to believe her "plan B" was to throw some awkward looking spinning ****. Nunes landed her shot and went for the kill, impressive performance for her.

Michael Johnson got robbed

should have been an easy 2-1 for Michael Johnson

I'm a Dariush fan, but there is no way in hell you can score the 1st or 2nd round for him. I scored the 3rd for Dariush, but even that was close

at least Dariush didn't act like he won the fight in the interview, he knows he got a gift

Edited by StillUnknown

McMann looked as though she was not prepared at all for the possibility that Nunes might stuff a takedown or 2. I refuse to believe her "plan B" was to throw some awkward looking spinning ****. Nunes landed her shot and went for the kill, impressive performance for her.

Leg kick with a spinning follow through. Okay to do if you're savvy to your opponent. McMann did it just lazily enough, and Nunes responded from the textbook.

Would like to see her rematch Zingano next. If she dispatches her, on to Rousey.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Dana wants her to make weight and fight at 135 once before he gives her Rousey. Has to prove she can do it. Rousey is already scheduled to fight Tate later this year. I'd be shocked if they cancelled it.

Maybe if Cyborg does a practice cut and makes weight with Dana there? Don't see it happening. He has always said she needs to make the weight and show she can still fight well after the fact.

Cyborg and her managers have always blown hot air. I think it may happen next year, UFC 200 in July would be perfect.

Aldo/Conor scheduled for Dec 12th in Vegas

Cyborg and her managers have always blown hot air. I think it may happen next year, UFC 200 in July would be perfect.

Since its an actual superfight, according the laws of MMA, we not seeing that fight for another 7 years at least

Dana wants her to make weight and fight at 135 once before he gives her Rousey. Has to prove she can do it. Rousey is already scheduled to fight Tate later this year. I'd be shocked if they cancelled it.

Maybe if Cyborg does a practice cut and makes weight with Dana there? Don't see it happening. He has always said she needs to make the weight and show she can still fight well after the fact.

It's so stupid. They're clearly top two WMMA fighter on the planet. Just let them fight and get it over with. Dana is becoming worse and worse for the sport.

Aldo/Conor scheduled for Dec 12th in Vegas

YES!  Oh yeah.  Christmas coming 13 days early in MMA world.

I'd love to see it happen, but I'll believe it when I see it.  George Lockhart must be a miracle worker.

Then again, next April might be long enough for her to lose the weight safely, since it's going to take her some time to do it.

It's so stupid. They're clearly top two WMMA fighter on the planet. Just let them fight and get it over with. Dana is becoming worse and worse for the sport.

I think it's a good move. Don't want her to miss weight her first time going to 135. Don't want her to fight like a diseased person if she actually does make it. Prove you can make the weight and win a fight, then it's all gravy. I'd like to see her fight a highly ranked 135 UFC girl who got bounced by Rousey, like Zingano or Davis. Then the dream fight can happen after that.

That scenario has the green light, per Dana.

I'm not even that interested in seeing the fight at 135 to be honest. I get the feeling if Cyborg makes 135, she'll bare a resemblance to James Irvin that time he made 185

if the goal is to make the best fight, they'll fight at 140. 

Won't happen tho, Cyborg has not a chip to bargain with. Rousey is big enough that people will gladly pay money to see her armbar the female version of the Brooklyn Brawler in less than a minute.

Edited by StillUnknown

Shady-looking accumulation of happenings with Aldo and Brazil

http://www.mmaweekly.com/ufc-189-drug-test-results-all-clean-jose-aldos-troublesome-test-collection-detailed

UFC 189 Drug Test Results All Clean, Jose Aldo’s Troublesome Test Collection Detailed

Despite having a work visa that allows him to perform his duties in Brazil, and DFS also enlisting the assistance of a local drug collection officer to assist him, DFS’s Ben Mosier was delayed for two days in his effort to collect a sample, and even then, the Brazilian MMA Athletic Commission (CABMMA) took over.

On June 10, neither Mosier nor Aldo’s coach, Andre Pederneiras, were able to locate Aldo and get him to the gym to collect the sample, according to a DFS recap of the bizarre collection attempt.

Aldo gave a sample the next day, but an off-duty Brazilian federal police officer who was training at the gym interfered, delaying the process until a representative from CABMMA arrived. Due to a loss of control of the sample because of the detention, Aldo’s collected sample was thrown out, according to the DFS statement.

The officer detained Mosier, the DFS collector, until immigration officials arrived, reviewed his paperwork, and eventually cleared him to resume his duties, but not until the following day, June 12.

Arriving late on June 12, Aldo gave a sample, which he spilled, and then gave another about half an hour later, which CABMMA officials, not the DFS collector or his Brazilian associate, took control of, packaged, and processed for delivery to a lab in the United States.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

If you look at Cyborg's body at 145, no way can you honestly say she couldn't lose 10 lbs of muscle mass to make the Rousey fight. I think she has just spent the last 12-18 months trying to bait Rousey into moving up and is finally realizing it isn't going to happen so suddenly she says she will make the cut. 

Imagine them hyping it up as the greatest MMA fight ever, and we hear about it 12 hours a day, every day, for months, sell all those tickets, etc....

Then she misses weight.

A disaster.

It totally makes sense to have her fight once at 135, before RR.

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

If you look at Cyborg's body at 145, no way can you honestly say she couldn't lose 10 lbs of muscle mass to make the Rousey fight. I think she has just spent the last 12-18 months trying to bait Rousey into moving up and is finally realizing it isn't going to happen so suddenly she says she will make the cut. 

Her previous nutritionist told her she couldn't cut the weight, not without serious health concerns.  Her new nutritionist seems to have some sort of plan set up.  I agree she'd prefer to bait Rousey into a 140 fight, but I think the stalling was because she both couldn't cut the weight and for baiting.  Her new nutritionist must have just come up with a plan for her to cut down.

Of course, now she's kinda committed.  She says she's gonna make 135 by April 2016, she can't back out in March and go fight another Invicta fight at 145 without losing whatever credibility she has left.  That is, I suppose, assuming Dana plays nice in terms of setting it up, though he's got understandable concerns.

Ronda should move up if she wants to prove she the greatest. She says she can beat men. Also, a story with Ronda's judo instructor came out and he said that Ronda wasn't as professional when she was younger. He said that she would come overweight and he would find cases of chocolate candy and said it probably caused her from getting gold. I definitely think Ronda learned from that.