Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Someone could've been hurt on that takedown. Doubt they had it WWF style, with breakaway props, and mattresses behind the stage. That punch Jon threw was with bad intentions, and Cormier almost ducked in to it. Man that dude's arms remind me of Kevin Durant's. He's like some sort of alien.

Do I owe $55?

Cormier ends up on his back, but Jon is in all-black, sporting a Kimbo Jr. beard. I can't see him once they fall off stage. Cormier is striking from the bottom a little.

Even if they have been encouraged to beef w/each other from the UFC, I don't ****ing care man, what a god damn matchup. This is the actual superfight, not Silva/Diaz. The card is really good too. God damn I'm pumped.

• Like 2

Damn I was already going to buy UFC 178 before this but for sure now. 

If everyone stays healthy this is a good card:

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier

Tim Kennedy vs. Yoel Romero 

Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Porier 

Cat Zingano vs. Amanda Nunes

Dominick Cruz vs. Takeya Mizugaki

Stephen Thompson vs. Patrick Cote

and a few others 

• Like 1

Jones and Cormier just had a healthy spat on Fox Sports Live. They were in seperate studios, Cormier was yappin away while Jones got progressively more and more frustrated and pissed off. By the end he couldn't sit still, and was shaking with anger. Walked off the set as Florian wrapped up the segment. Good stuff.

Someone could've been hurt on that takedown. Doubt they had it WWF style, with breakaway props, and mattresses behind the stage. That punch Jon threw was with bad intentions, and Cormier almost ducked in to it. Man that dude's arms remind me of Kevin Durant's. He's like some sort of alien.

Do I owe $55?

Cormier ends up on his back, but Jon is in all-black, sporting a Kimbo Jr. beard. I can't see him once they fall off stage. Cormier is striking from the bottom a little.

Even if they have been encouraged to beef w/each other from the UFC, I don't ****ing care man, what a god damn matchup. This is the actual superfight, not Silva/Diaz. The card is really good too. God damn I'm pumped.

Looked to me like it was all Bones. I think DC just found out how deceivingly strong John is. Also- That height advantage is tremendous.

Jones and Cormier just had a healthy spat on Fox Sports Live. They were in seperate studios, Cormier was yappin away while Jones got progressively more and more frustrated and pissed off. By the end he couldn't sit still, and was shaking with anger. Walked off the set as Florian wrapped up the segment. Good stuff.

Damn, I forgot about that. I meant to DVR it.

All I can say is buy this PPV. If you want to see the return of stacked PPV cards, help show the UFC the number of buys they are looking for. If the PPV number remains lower than expected, (I think they want to hit at least 400k for 178) these stacked PPV cards will not continue.

I'll buy it, and any other PPV card that has 4 or 5 top fights I actually want to see, not the crap that has been around lately. There have been a few good ones, but the majority are not worth the money but the fans can change that with their pocketbooks.

I want to see 2 title fight PPV cards, with at least one top contender fight & a out of the gate FON matchup. I think it can happen if 178 does 500k or more. I think they have proven they don't need title fights on Fox or FS1, top contender & big names draw just fine. I really hope that trend takes off, I'd be willing to buy 8-10 PPV's a year if that was the model going forward. I could care less about a PPV preliminary fights, unless I plan on attending live, just stack the card I have to pay for & I'll buy it.

• Like 3

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/6/5977351/former-ufc-josh-grispi-domestic-abuse-dog-attack-text-messages

As reported earlier today, former UFC fighter Josh Grispi was arrested for some incredibly disturbing allegations of domestic violence.

The initial reports were that Grispi had been arrested twice in a four day span for violent attacks on his wife, including having his bull terrier attack and bite her.

New details have emerged in what some local police are calling the worst case of domestic abuse they'd ever seen.

more in the link

The fight game is host to a bunch of despicable individuals, Josh Grispi making his case for the top spot.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/8/6/5977351/former-ufc-josh-grispi-domestic-abuse-dog-attack-text-messages

more in the link

The fight game is host to a bunch of despicable individuals, Josh Grispi making his case for the top spot.

Yeah, I saw that yesterday. There were a few details that were pretty stunning to read. He needs to be locked away for a while. 

Anyone notice Dana is wearing a shirt promoting an old fight where one guy tested positive afterwards?

Stupid quirk, but Hunt still walks away with a draw, Silva gets a NC. Other fighters who lose get their loss changed to a NC, why not change the draw to an NC as well?

Not only that, but right after that offense, Silva's very next fight is a Main Event

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

I'm a Jon Jones fan, always have been. All of his finishes are devastating. His decisions are sometimes boring. The Rashad fight was a snoozer, and he basically tap danced on Rampages legs all night. Perfect gameplan against Rampage, but executing it is another thing. Jon does it every time, man.

The Gus fight, yeah, that was close. But there's a tendency to look down on Jones for that. Like since the invincibility is gone from losing two or three rounds, he's not Darth Vader anymore. That was an incredible fight against Gus, who is a ****ing amazing fighter.

I like Jon man! He seems like a cool guy to be around. I seriously whiff on this massive hatred going on against him. The ****y/fake thing. I can see he can be a little immature sometimes in his delivery, it's like a 5th grader's voice. I think he's just trying to be gentle, super nice. I like that in a person.

I'm not too high on Cormier, actually. He seems brash, likes to talk a lot, I mean damn, he threw two open palms at Jones' neck.

Imagine you're a fighter, and it's a big fight against a dude that keeps saying he's comin' after you. You guys touch heads in one of the pre-fight staredowns, and he blasts you with both of his hands. Man, I go after him too. What in the blue heck. Good thing Weidman didn't do that to Anderson, or Rampage to Eastman, and so on, and so on.

Anyway, Jones has always come off as pretty cool to me. Not really a huge personality either way. He was on Kimmel last night, seemed relaxed and cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRJfFJOovC8

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

The Gus fight, yeah, that was close. But there's a tendency to look down on Jones for that. Like since the invincibility is gone from losing two or three rounds, he's not Darth Vader anymore. That was an incredible fight against Gus, who is a ****ing amazing fighter.

It was actually the Gus fight that cemented my respect for him. He took all that punishment early and then came back to win that fight. I'm not one of those who thinks he lost that night. He won. He beat Gustaffson on a night when I'm not sure anyone else on Earth would have.

He's truly the best mixed martial artist over 185 pounds EVER, IMHO. Hands-down. And you're right- he's really not a bad guy. There's just something about him that I can't root for.

I feel silly because I can't put my finger on it. His personality just irks me.

I cannot figure out why I don't like him. He really doesn't do anything wrong and he's amaaaazing in the octagon. I just... don't like him.

I always try to watch him fight, but dude is so fake. His voice on that sports interview after the incident, so fake. Then, on twitter he posts how it took him 6 seconds to take Cormier down, and how he gonna make him his wife on fight night. Not to mention all the times he has gone off on fans on twitter. Dude is so fake.

The Glory PPV that was one of the best fight cards of the year is being replayed on Spike at 10pm ET.

Update: First fight was good, technique on display is just beautiful to watch. This is the 8 man tournament with Melvin Manhoef. Guys who make the finals will be in three fights this event.

Update 2: Manhoef looked good, but got out-worked every round. Dude he fought was a lot taller, Manhoef went for exactly one high kick at the very end of the fight and he fell on his ass. Other dude was throwing head kicks the whole fight, knocked Melvin down with one. Melvin is 38 years old, lost this 30-26 IMO, but he didn't look bad. Still packs a massive punch.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll