Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Well tonight marks the beginning of 8 weeks of UFC events in a row. There are two cards on August 23rd and October 5th. That's 10 cards in 8 weeks.

Tonight is Bader vs. St. Preaux, Maynard vs. Pearson, Boetsch vs. Tavares, and Sara McMann fights someone on the Fox Sports 2 undercard...which is a big WTF to me. She's a top 5 chick, damn son!

Then next week we get Bisping vs. Le...which I love. Is Cung Yoda's age yet? Dude takes eons between fights. Would love to see him kick Bisping's head off with a spinning wheel kick. Woodley vs. Stun Gun is co-main...but this card is on Fight Pass. Will miss it.

But like I said, there are two cards next Saturday...Bendo vs. Dos Anjos headlines the one on FS1. Rest of the card is mediocre.

I watched all 5 rounds of OSP vs. Bader

I pretty sure that qualifies me for some kind of sickness.

I started googling random stuff on the ipad after Baders 40th take down. Fights like that make me wish that those thatgo the distance were decided by something like penalty kicks, just so something would happen.

Maybe hit one of those punch strength machines. Highest score win.

boxer.jpg

That fight was boring enough to make me think of stupid **** like this post.

Edited by Destino
  • Like 2

I passed out during the Shawn Jordan fight, was a long week for me, and that card just couldn't convince me to stay awake. See my boy Boetsch got the KO.

Gray Maynard got the closest ever to a belt without actually winning one. Had Frankie dead to rights twice. Now Frankie is still a title contender, and Gray is in a nosedive. Crazy how it works out sometimes. It's almost as if those losses to Frankie zapped him for good.

Gray Maynard got the closest ever to a belt without actually winning one. Had Frankie dead to rights twice. Now Frankie is still a title contender, and Gray is in a nosedive. Crazy how it works out sometimes. It's almost as if those losses to Frankie zapped him for good.

Just imagine how much different his life might be if the ref stopped the fight in the first round of his first fight with Frankie. I don't think many would have complained of an early stoppage given the beating he put on Frankie in that round.

Edited by StillUnknown

Eddie Alvarez officially released from Bellator. He is now a free agent. Good for Coker; Eddie did not want to be there, so he let him go. He tried to negotiate with him, but it was a lost cause. 

Assuming he comes to the UFC, who does he fight first? I would have loved to see that potential Cerrone fight, but everything took too long and the Bobby Green bout was put together. Unless Green gets hurt...wink wink. 

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/bellator-mma-releases-long-embattled-lightweight-champion-eddie-alvarez

Well, that was quick. Alvarez signs with the UFC, faces Cerrone at UFC 178. 

Bobby Green will be moved to another card. 

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/eddie-alvarez-signs-with-ufc-meets-donald-cerrone-at-ufc-178

Green probably got some "step aside" money.

Cerrone/Alvarez sets off the violent fight meter. I worry about how long Alvarez can last at the top. He's gets dropped almost routinely in his fights. Should be dangerous for his firs couple in the UFC. I'm leaning towards Cerrone winning, but Cerrone has defensive issues himself.

Ok I'll admit it, I haven't seen the Alvarez/Chandler fights. I'm not an MMA fan, I know. I always had a hard time paying attention to Bellator. Seemed extremely top heavy, it was third string to Strikeforce. I know their second bout was one of the FoTY...but I just never got around to watching it. Mostly because Eddie was cemented in to a strict contract, making him irrelevant to the stacked UFC LW division. Pleasent surprise, now I'll go watch those fights.

Cerrone is on fire, been fighting the best. Tall task for the long awaited arrival of Alvarez.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Ok I'll admit it, I haven't seen the Alvarez/Chandler fights. I'm not an MMA fan, I know. I always had a hard time paying attention to Bellator. Seemed extremely top heavy, it was third string to Strikeforce. I know their second bout was one of the FoTY...but I just never got around to watching it. Mostly because Eddie was cemented in to a strict contract, making him irrelevant to the stacked UFC LW division. Pleasent surprise, now I'll go watch those fights.

Cerrone is on fire, been fighting the best. Tall task for the long awaited arrival of Alvarez.

I had Alvarez/Chandler 1 as the fight of the year over Hendo/Shogun. It is one of the greatest mma fights i've seen period. The 2nd fight didn't match the first, but I'm not sure it could. It was still a fight of the year kind of fight in its own regard.

I had Alvarez/Chandler 1 as the fight of the year over Hendo/Shogun. It is one of the greatest mma fights i've seen period. The 2nd fight didn't match the first, but I'm not sure it could. It was still a fight of the year kind of fight in its own regard.

Agreed. the first one was better than the second one. The second one was a good fight, but the first one was outstanding.

Thanks for the correction guys. Will watch Eddie's recent fights. Coker at Bellator and he's already building a 145 women's division like before. Boom, love it. Now about that depth...

I can imagine Cyborg/Gina 2 in Bellator more than Gina or Cyborg being in the UFC. Cyborg has been saying she's going to 135...so I guess we will see. That little love triangle between Rousey, Gina and Cyborg is sketchy. Me thinks Gina and the UFC won't work out a deal, and Cyborg will never fight for the UFC either.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll