Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Jacare won round 1, Mousasi will have to keep this on the feet to win it.

2 rounds in the book for Jacare, he really wants that kimura from side control.

Mousasi is surviving on the ground, but he isn't winning.

Mousasi still has a chance, Jacare is tiring a bit and his hands are dropping. Too bad Mousasi can't stop a tired Jacare from taking him down.

Jacare Souza is a bad man, give him a title shot. Very impressive performance tonight

Jacare Souza is a bad man, give him a title shot. Very impressive performance tonight

This. 

He looked beastly in all facets of the game. His striking and wrestling are now top level and of course his jiu jitsu is top 1 percent. Give him the winner of Weidman/Belfort (presumably Weidman). 

This. 

He looked beastly in all facets of the game. His striking and wrestling are now top level and of course his jiu jitsu is top 1 percent. Give him the winner of Weidman/Belfort (presumably Weidman). 

The only area that was suspect was his cardio. He was starting to fade in that 3rd round, his hands dropped lower and lower, but Mousasi couldn't take advantage. Jacare did a great job of using aggression to close the distance, Mousasi was virtually lost with his back against the cage. 

I don't think Jacare can beat Weidman, but he has earned the opportunity to try.

The only area that was suspect was his cardio. He was starting to fade in that 3rd round, his hands dropped lower and lower, but Mousasi couldn't take advantage. Jacare did a great job of using aggression to close the distance, Mousasi was virtually lost with his back against the cage. 

I don't think Jacare can beat Weidman, but he has earned the opportunity to try.

I think he can fix the cardio issue. He's been the 5-round distance a few times now so I would hope that he works on that. I actually think he can beat Weidman. Don't think he will, but I think he has a better chance than most of the division. 

Missed the last two events due to traveling but glad I could rely on Strokes for his own live coverage of the fights. :)

I'm coming for that commentating spot, Joe Rogan. Kenny Florian, you're next.

Overeem's step-in knee remains my favorite leg strike in MMA. Holy crap is it something to behold. If he was still a freak of nature, I don't think Ben would've been stoneface when absorbing them.

Ben was hilarious that fight. I love that guy, I am a fan. He blasted Schaub with a ground punch that looked like the famous Fedor slingshot punch on Nog. Que soul-taking.gif. Then, he gassed fighting in Denver I think. At the time it seemed a little embarassing for MMA, but in hindsight it's pretty funny. Ben looked like he wanted to die for a round and a half, lol.

I missed Mousasi vs. Jacare. Was late for something and figured it would go to a decision. Will watch soon.

I gotta wonder how long they'll keep making Fight Pass exclusive cards. Wasting good main event fights that could improve other cards. I mean put this weekend's main event (Bigfoot vs. Arlovski) on UFC 178 and the card is even better. Don't put it as the lone wolf of an obscure card. Like Cung Le's fights, they coulda boosted other cards. If Bisping vs. Le was on UFC 177, we wouldn't have made so much of a fuss about it.

• Like 1

Nick Diaz was also arrested in suspicion of dui.

That shouldn't affect the fight, usually no jail time for that, although I did see an article where he got another one last December.

If he can't go, do you think they even dare ask Machida to take his spot? Who else is out there ready to fight early 2015?

EDIT: just read the article, Diaz got popped on Dec. 12, missed multiple court dates and was arrested on August 21st & posted a $25k bail. This second DUI happened September 6th, 2 weeks & 2 days after posting bail, explaining the suspended license charge. He also tried to destroy evidence-maybe smash/throw the breathalyzer?

Someone get this dude a driver, or a car service.

Edited by artmonkforHOF