Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Gotta give Correia credit. She figured out an angle to get under Ronda's skin to get a title shot and she has executed the plan perfectly. If the UFC can't set up some "super fight" between Rousey and Carrano Correia probably gets the next shot. 9-0 with 3 UFC wins is as good as any challenger left out there.

That being said I think Ronda will probably toss her around the ring.

Every punch that lands from Soto seems like its worth the impact of about 20 strikes from Dillishaw.

But they're no match for TJ's kicks !

Great adjustment by TJ......Soto was doin a good job of blocking most of TJ's punches to the front, so TJ was like, "OK, I'll just kick him on the side of the head then"

Edited by Malapropismic Depository
  • Like 1

I like how no regulars in this thread cept Do Itch and Mal Dep posted during the card. Holy ****, that's depressing.

Yall..yall ain't leaving MMA, are you?

I'm not, but to be honest, I enjoy the free cards a lot more. Hey man, if they can profit off of ads only, so be it. Give me commercials, give me bud light corner cams, I'm not buying these Pay Per Views. They aren't worth it. Call me a non MMA

Fan, nobody cares. I have $60 extra dollars and Mous vs. Jacare to happily look forward to. Reem Rothwell, too. I think watching fights on FS1 is more entertaining than the average football game on FOX.

Not a Redskins game with playoff implications though. :)

• Like 1

I like how no regulars in this thread cept Do Itch and Mal Dep posted during the card. Holy ****, that's depressing.

Yall..yall ain't leaving MMA, are you?

I'm not, but to be honest, I enjoy the free cards a lot more. Hey man, if they can profit off of ads only, so be it. Give me commercials, give me bud light corner cams, I'm not buying these Pay Per Views. They aren't worth it. Call me a non MMA

Fan, nobody cares. I have $60 extra dollars and Mous vs. Jacare to happily look forward to. Reem Rothwell, too. I think watching fights on FS1 is more entertaining than the average football game on FOX.

Not a Redskins game with playoff implications though. :)

I'm not leaving, but I find myself a hell of a lot more selective than I used to be. UFC ppv's used to be must see events, with the amount of cards they put on now, they simply can't match quality on a consistent basis. They've chosen quantity over quality, I choose the inverse.

I didn't even bother streaming 177, thought about it, but ended up gambling on FIFA instead.

Maybe early on before UFC really broke out. Modern times though? Close to never.

In my times watching it, it has never crossed entered my mind. I think the difference in skill between fighters can make casual viewers think something is going on, but that's all it is, a difference in skill. 

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/dana-white-contestant-tuf-20-150003143.html;_ylt=AwrBT9Bo3wVU_fsAvlRXNyoA

"I love this season of The Ultimate Fighter, it's way better than the last season of The Ultimate Fighter," White told reporters at the UFC 177 media scrum (watch it). "The reality is great, but the fights are ****ing awesome, and that's all I really care about. Everybody is going to be happy. You guys are going to be blown away. There's a Ronda Rousey on this season of The Ultimate Fighter, absolutely."

Dana hasn't learned his lesson........

This will be the first season of TUF I've watched in a very long time though.

Edited by StillUnknown

Hey guys, how often do you think people throw fights in MMA?

Probably a lot. I don't think you'd see it too often by the big names with too much to lose but the fighters that are just coming up or over the hill... there is a lot of money to be made and in the fight game where most fighters aren't mega millionaires the incentive would be significant.

Oh **** it's TONIGHT. Gotta adjust my plans to see the fights.

The dark place inside of me wants Rothwell to KTFO of Overeem. Overeem keeps getting blasted, and seems to still have a smug, Mr. Badass attitude. He's bound to get his bell rung again, and I don't want to get hyped about him again. That whole buildup with The Reem documentary following him from K-1 to the UFC was totally ruined by Bigfoot Silva. Putting two wins together and getting wrecked in his title contender bout would just be so typical. Get it over with already, Big Ben.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll