Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Carano not fighting Rousey is probably a smart move on her part, that is, if she doesn't want the $500,000 paycheck. The broken arm and nose wouldn't help her acting career any, especially since it'd be used in every Rousey promo and highlight for eternity. Hard to come off as Superwoman when you got whacked in what would be the most popular fight in WMMA history. She can get some cheese whiz fights in another promotion, and smile for the cameras while we all tune in and give her ratings.

Jones and Weidman want to fight each other, but I agree with Mal Depository, the divisions have contenders ready for title fights that they better take seriously. Vitor might look like Charles Oliviera now, but he'll be sure to fire off some kicks. Kickers in the NFL can still boot without looking like actual football players. If he lands a killshot, that will be such a mind****. Weidman probably gets him down fast and puts him through the meat grinder.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

and the fight will be moved to Jan. 3 show.

By the wording of that, I assume there won't be a replacement to match up against Cormier on that card ?

Texiera ?

Rumble ?

Cummins ???

EDIT : Nevermind, I see Texiera is already scheduled to fight in October

Also, will Gustaffson be recovered by Jan 3rd ?

If so, shouldn't he technically be able to take that fight against Jones, since he had it originally ?

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Mighty Mouse vs. Cariaso will now headline 178. 177 & 178 are going to die a painful death in PPV buys.

Gus vs. Rumble makes too much sense to actually happen.

I wonder if they keep Anderson/Diaz on Jan. 3rd. 

If so, shouldn't he technically be able to take that fight against Jones, since he had it originally ?

After the press conference brawl and video leaks, everybody wants Bones/DC. Fight game don't care about fair. 

• Like 1

Well that is logical, but this is the UFC. If that theory held, Weidman would have fought Vitor already, TJ Grant would be fighting Pettis for 155 & I'm forgetting about a lower weight guy....Eric Koch maybe? Had a fight with Aldo, Aldo pulled out & never got his title shot back.

If the UFC hadn't put DC in the fight, maybe a Rashad or Machida rematch, then I think they might have tried to make Gus II, but with Bones DC a fight they think will sell well, why not keep it? Plus, even if Gus loses a fight, he could easily fill in as a replacement fighter & still sell well.

I think the UFC learned their lessons about rushing rematches from Cain JDS, especially when it looks like Jones is running out if contenders at 205. Why rush it? I think we only see Bones Gus II after all contenders-even suspect ones- have been eliminated.

I'm personally hoping Gus Jones II becomes a contender bout for the title after Jones loses it.

I think Erick Koch got koed or something. He could have waited but decided tk stay activr right?

Yeah he took a fight, but I don't think he was even offered the chance to wait, I think they just said fights off.

Now Jackson says Bones got hurt sparring with The Reem. If he would get of his horse juice-which he might have to with the new testing-that's a 205 title fight I would love to see, a few years ago would have been better but what are you gonna do?

Jones has got DC, Rumble & Gus 2 left before he runs out if contenders with not a decent prospect in sight. Look at any LHW rankings and tell me what guy ranked below 5 would you want to see fight Bones for the title? I really hope skinny Reem comes back & that fight happens, he'll have about 2 years to trim down while the guys in front of them take their shot.

Are you kidding me? Look at Overeem when he blasted Hari, and look at him now. At this rate he'll get back to 205, where he'll run in to the same amount of bombs as always. He loses his **** whenever he gets tagged. I'd pick Anthony Johnson to knock him out. Gus, DC and Jones treat him to an asswhooping too. He's on a skid, and has a TON of mileage on him. Jones would finish him inside 3 rds.

Overeem was trying to take him down? Sounds like part of a drill. I can't see him attempting one takedown if they actually fought. I think Reem is done as a top contender. A Shogun rematch might give him hope, but I'd pick Shogun to win that fight.

He also has hope because HW is thin, might get a titleshot without too much work. Kind of like LHW not too long ago. But I've lost a ton of confidence in him. I have a feeling Rothwell gets the upset via Great Ape KO.

After the press conference brawl and video leaks, everybody wants Bones/DC. Fight game don't care about fair. 

That's true, and Gus just summed that up pretty well, himself :

“Apparently UFC thinks that acting like clowns on a press conference will hype a fight more than doing the fight of the century, that's ridiculous!!!”

Are you kidding me? Look at Overeem when he blasted Hari, and look at him now.

KO.

That's why I said a few years ago would be better, & there is a photo of him circulating now where he's not close to 205, but closer to that than whatever he ballooned up to. Yeah it sucks to see an old giant fight for the title past their prime, but look at Vitor or Dan Henderson (another guy who lost a title shot & never got it back), they both fought for belts well past their due date, & Vitor Oliveira is getting another one. I'd rather see old Reem fight than old Belfort.

I'm also looking for opponents past the next obvious 3, and outside of a rematch I can't think of any. Even if Jones loses there are really only 3 or 4 other worthy candidates for a title shot at 205. This is getting to Silva v Irvin or Forrest in terms of cleaning out the division, assuming he keeps the belt of course.

It's a stretch, but what else is there? I doubt a current 205'er could put together 2-3 impressive wins in the next 18-24 months to throw their name in the hat, if anyone has a guy in mind, please share.

Does Overeem even lift bro? I am a huge fan of his, believe it or not. Dat technique has always been saucy to watch. Even when he was Alistair Oliveira back in the dizzy. He'd put on displays out there, but I think he just lacks intangibles. Without the horsemeat he lacks KO power, he's not a fighter who has a ton of heart, or grit. He seems to freeze at times and suddenly find himself getting blitzed or peppered with shots. If Rothwell gets pressure on him, I can definitely see him hammering Overeem in to the ground...early.

Overeem has never even had a title shot in Pride or the UFC. He just gets swarmed on by top guys that want it more. The key will be to give him favorable matchups, like Werdum or Shogun. I think Rashad and even Phil Davis could beat him. If Overeem wins a belt I will be speechless.

Seems like it would be in Gus' best interests to take the fight, and stay tuned up, rather than stay inactive for over a year, especially when much of that time he isn't even able to train, due to injury.

Only reasons I can see him not wanting the fight ?

- strictly out of principle, that he feels the title should be next

- worried he might lose to Rumble, and drop him down even further

- worried it would further delay the title fight, even he wins