Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

I doubt I'll get a preseason game up here, but that doesn't mean I'll watch the FN either. I might check out Carmount Thales, then leave it on while I do something else to watch Bendo, the co does nothing for me at all.

On a side note, Jordan Mein's dad got arrested at the weigh ins for sexual battery.

This one is on FS1 right? Up here I found out we get the FS1 and the north American & Brazilian FightPass cards on TV, only international FightPass fights aren't televised, which is pretty sweet.

Move to Canada & save yourself $10 a month, Ha!

http://mmajunkie.com/2014/08/ufc-jordan-meins-father-barred-from-ufc-fight-night-49-after-arrest

Following his arrest in Tulsa, Okla., on Friday night, the father of UFC Fight Night 49 co-main event fighter Jordan Mein has been barred from attending his son’s fight tonight.

James Lee Mein, 47, of Lethbridge, Alberta, Canada, was arrested Friday in Tulsa. Police records show the time of the arrest was just prior to Jordan Mein’s appearance at BOK Center for the official weigh-ins for UFC Fight Night 49, which takes place tonight at the same venue. News of Lee Mein’s arrest first came via Twitter from Beau Taylor of the Tulsa Voice.

Lee Mein was arrested and charged with sexual battery at 3:30 p.m., booked at 5:59 p.m., and was released early Saturday after posting $2,000 bond, police records show.

In a statement released to MMAjunkie on Saturday, the UFC stated Lee Mein, Jordan Mein’s chief coach and cornerman, will not be allowed to attend his son’s fight against Mike Pyle – and also gave some details into what Lee Mein is accused of.

“We were made aware that James Lee Mein, father of UFC competitor Jordan Mein, was arrested on allegations of felony sexual assault,” the statement reads. “Mr. Mein is accused of sexually assaulting a housekeeper at the UFC’s host hotel in Tulsa, Okla. The UFC finds the allegations against Mr. Mein deplorable, and we fully support local law enforcement in its investigation. The UFC is also prohibiting Mr. Mein from attending tonight’s event should he post bail. Jordan Mein will remain on tonight’s card.”

&

here's the Woodley knockout, from the "when spinning **** goes wrong" department:

SingleColorlessHammerkop.gif

Edited by StillUnknown

No, wait, hold up, I gotta visit Sherdog to see if there's a "back of the head shot - Woodley should be DQ'd" thread. Gotta think that at the very least somebody made a troll thread.

Always thought spinning backfists were underutilized in MMA, but now I think everyone looks out for them more. As the sport evolves...

So Bendo against dos Anjos tonight...gotta think Bendo takes it. Might get a third crack at Pettis soon....

Really? I missed the first round but thought both of them looked like crap...

Now Holloway/Collard (sp?) was definitely a fun first round.

They looked sloppy, no style points and slow hand speed, but they went at it. Who has time for technical striking when there's brawl'n available? Vick's most effective punch was just holding that right hand back and launching it right down the middle with almost no set up.

As for Holloway/Collard.... Collard reminded me of that Simpsons episode where Homer took up boxing. Holloway hit him with everything short of a chair and Collard just came forward like a terminator. Fun fight.

Edited by Destino

Bisping did THAT to Cung Le? With what, a metal pipe? Dude's got pillows for hands.

Retire Cung, time for some action movies, even if the film doesn't make it to North America, as long as the money's green, take it.

I seriouslly thought that was photoshopped, but then I realized nobody hates Cung Le enough to do that to him, other than Bisping apparently.