Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

The fact that Joe Riggs had a UFC fight scheduled in 2014, is kind of disturbing.

Yeah, I usually keep up with MMA news pretty well, and I had no idea Riggs was back in the UFC. And I like Joe Riggs. I saw the end of the headline on ESPN.com "...out of UFC fight after shooting" out of the corner of my eye, and I was very perplexed to see that first word was "Riggs."

Jan 31st? Too far away. Injury inbound.

If they both end up staying healthy, I'm going popcorn shopping Jan 30th. And yeah, it's easy to see how bad of a stylistic matchup this is for Nick. He plays a risky game on the feet, tailor made for Anderson

Nevertheless, it will be a very big event, hope Nick can hang in there for more than a round. Stay healthy, homies.

Jan 31 feels so far away, I just hope Nick doesn't do anything to sabotage this fight. I want to see it. I am a fan of him as a fighter, but can see how he might get KTFO, but it is impossible for this fight not to be entertaining.

Are they fighting at 185?  I might be a little concerned with Diaz's power being ineffective in that weight class, since he is not really a "power" puncher at his natural weight.

Should be fun regardless.

Who do you guys think Anderson will get for his tune-up fight(s) ?

I want Nick Diaz. That would definitely sell, plus the taunting, I can't imagine how Silva would react to Diaz calling him a **** and giving him the finger. Also, there is almost no chance of either fighter taking each other down.

Good call, nearly 3 months in advance !

• Like 2

Silva v Diaz? Superbowl weekend in Vegas? Giddy the **** up I'm there! What awesome news to wake up to after a night in the hospital with a bummed ankle.

Funny thing is all the happy dance .gif's posted in the comment sections of MMA sites, MMAfighting.com crashed my browser.

Dana said Diaz could get a title fight with a win, I hope he means 170 not 185. Him fighting Weidman would look like the before & after photos in muscle mag ads for weight gainer or P90X.

And dont be modest Dr. This fight got put together from Internet buzz, and the first place I heard the idea of that was here from the good Dr. Do Itch Big.

You might not have made this fight, but you planted the seed. even if you didn't, just take the credit for it.

• Like 1

So have you guys heard about the latest Eddie Alvarez situation? That he may be on the outs at Bellator and fighting Cerrone at UFC 178?

Could Bellator lightweight champion Eddie Alvarez be UFC bound? According to Sherdog.com, a bout between Alvarez and Donald Cerrone is being targeted for UFC 178 Sept. 27 in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Sources close to the bout who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the matchup had not yet been finalized confirmed the news to Sherdog.com. The bout is contingent on the UFC acquiring Alvarez's services from Bellator. Negotiations are ongoing because Alvarez currently remains under Bellator contract at the time of this writing.

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/7/31/5954135/morning-report-ufc-178-donald-cerrone-vs-eddie-alvarez-dana-white-nick-diaz-anderson-silva-mma-news

This one has some tweets from Helwani: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2147295-report-eddie-alvarez-joins-ufc-faces-donald-cerrone-at-ufc-178

If this happens, on paper this will be the best card we have seen in a long time, IMO.

Jones-Cormier

McGregor-Poirier

Green-Masvidal

Cruz-Mizugaki

Kennedy-Romero

A few other solid fights and then possibly Alvarez-Cerrone? Take my money.

Yeah, that's the first card I will buy in-full since forever ago. Only guy I'm not familiar with is Dominick Cruz. Who is THAT guy?! Is that the dude who used to dance in the blue cage?

The jinx is almost on, Jones suffered a cut in training. Doesn't sound like he's out of the fight though. C'mon forces of nature, don't **** this up for us. Cormier/Cummins II is NOT a satisfactory replacement.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 1

Only guy I'm not familiar with is Dominick Cruz. Who is THAT guy?! Is that the dude who used to dance in the blue cage?

Hahahahahahaha. The somewhat smaller blue cage.

And yeah, I saw that cut Jones had. Looked pretty nasty; I think we are lucky we are about seven weeks out instead of two weeks out.

• Like 1

He was a unique fighter. Only person to ever replicate his style was Travis Browne against Bigfoot Silva. On a serious note, I find it haunting that Browne injured his knee doing that ****. Maybe breakdancing isn't the best martial art for your knees in the long run.

Which goes right in to the next thing you gotta wonder...two year layoff with his knees keeping him out of training. His style has so much friggin' footwork and head movement. Will shock me if he reaches that level of athleticism he used to have.

• Like 1