Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Dana likely knows he needs to give Carano an immediate title shot because women's MMA overall has gotten so much better since she was fighting, that she never really fought the caliber of fighter that is out there now.  She could easily lose to Tate, Zingano, Kauffman, Cyborg(again), etc etc etc and if that happened the $$$ for a Rousey v. Carano fight disappears.

The right thing to do is to have Carano fight other contenders to battle-test her. See if her mind/body is really back into this or if it's just a pay day.  If she gets an immediate title shot and Rousey hip-tosses her and subs her/KO's her in the 1st round, she mine as well just re-retire because no one is really interested in seeing her fight anyone else AFTERWARDS besides maybe a rematch with Cyborg.

As far as BJ Penn goes, his legacy will go down as someone who was able to get by for about a decade on pure talent but when the sport caught up to him, didn't want to put in the hard work to get better and keep up with the competition. There were times when he did come into a fight looking great and he would dominate but more times then not he didn't want to bother,

Edited by NoCalMike

With Dodson down with an ACL injury, the UFC has elected to scrape the bottom of the 125lb barrel and gift a title shot at 177 to somebody named Chris Cariaso.

My initial reaction was "who?"

Upon further investigation he's on a 3 fight win streak. His opponents during that win streak have a combined record of 1-8 in the UFC.

Edited by StillUnknown

Prelims start at 7 PM, card rolls on 'til 12. Not bad...

Main Card (FS1)

Donald Cerrone vs. Jim Miller

Edson Barboza vs. Evan Dunham

Rick Story vs. Leonardo Mafra

Justin Salas vs. Joe Proctor

John Lienker vs. Alptekin Ozkilic

Lucas Martins vs. Alex White

Prelims (FS1)

Gleison Tibau vs. Pat Healy

Jessamyn Duke vs. Leslie Smith

Hugo Viana vs. Aljamain Sterling

Yosdenis Cedeno vs. Jerrod Sanders

Fight Pass:

Claudia Gadelha vs. Tina Lahdemaki (Strawweight)

Cerrone over Miller by (T)KO

Barboza will dominate Dunham, then a stiff breeze will hit Barboza and he will be ko'd

Lineker beat the scale yesterday, a mere mortal should be no problem for him

Aljamain Sterling is one I've been keeping an eye on. Has some natural skills and he trains with Serra/Longo. Definitely a fighter that could make some noise down the line. (If he loses, I will keep prospects I like to myself from now on).

Edited by StillUnknown

can someone post a recap of who won. i didn't realize there was a fight on tonight and didn't dvr it. (@ work)

Cerrone was hunting for a powerful body shot the whole fight, front kicked Miller in the bladder area in the second round, dropped him with it, and Mirgliotta stepped in, thinking it was a groin strike. He kind of realized he was wrong after about 15 seconds, and told Miller to fight right then. He was still in pain, guarding his midsection with his hands and arms, and Cerrone blasted him with a headkick and follow up punches for the TKO in RD 2.

Barboza landed a liver kick with the tips of his toes impacting only. Kind of like a stabbing. Dunham yelled in pain.

In between those fights they showed a prelim to fill in time, and THAT was a body shot TKO. Felt like Cerrone was purposely going for the trifecta.

Rick Story won by arm triangle choke against a dude who I'm pretty sure was sick. He weighed in 5 lbs too light, looked out of it mentally, weak, and was talking to himself.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll
  • Like 2

Cerrone was hunting for a powerful body shot the whole fight, front kicked Miller in the bladder area in the second round, dropped him with it, and Mirgliotta stepped in, thinking it was a groin strike. He kind of realized he was wrong after about 15 seconds, and told Miller to fight right then. He was still in pain, guarding his midsection with his hands and arms, and Cerrone blasted him with a headkick and follow up punches for the TKO in RD 2.

Barboza landed a liver kick with the tips of his toes impacting only. Kind of like a stabbing. Dunham yelled in pain.

In between those fights they showed a prelim to fill in time, and THAT was a body shot TKO. Felt like Cerrone was purposely going for the trifecta.

Rick Story won by arm triangle choke against a dude who I'm pretty sure was sick. He weighed in 5 lbs too light, looked out of it mentally, weak, and was talking to himself.

Thanks bud.  Sounds like a good fight card to watch.

Just for my info, is kicking with the toes legal?  I know it isn't the smartest thing (slightly off and they break).