Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

Thanks bud.  Sounds like a good fight card to watch.

Just for my info, is kicking with the toes legal?  I know it isn't the smartest thing (slightly off and they break).

Its legal, I don't think any fighter intentionally kicks with their toes. Its more about where a leg kick lands after bodies move. Strikers usually want to land with the shin or foot for more impact. Toes are usually just a grazing blow, but apparently Barboza is a freak of nature.

Live event on Fight Pass tomorrow, McGregor vs. Brandao. I'll be missing it.

No offense to McGregor personally, but I'd like to see the fallout from him getting derailed. A big win, and we hear more of that stupid GOAT joke. Can't stand it. I'm already sick of McGregor, and I don't remember any of his fights.

Serious buzz over here in Ireland for the McGregor fight. 

In fairness to him he's a smart man. Earned nearly every bit of this hype through simple talk. Sold out the O2 Arena over here in minutes and theres huge anticipation for it. Can only be good for the sport really. 

I've seen him a couple of times walking around Dublin. Supposed to be a genuinely nice guy. Hope he pulls through.

Cerrone was hunting for a powerful body shot the whole fight, front kicked Miller in the bladder area in the second round, dropped him with it, and Mirgliotta stepped in, thinking it was a groin strike. He kind of realized he was wrong after about 15 seconds, and told Miller to fight right then. He was still in pain, guarding his midsection with his hands and arms, and Cerrone blasted him with a headkick and follow up punches for the TKO in RD 2.

Barboza landed a liver kick with the tips of his toes impacting only. Kind of like a stabbing. Dunham yelled in pain.

In between those fights they showed a prelim to fill in time, and THAT was a body shot TKO. Felt like Cerrone was purposely going for the trifecta.

Rick Story won by arm triangle choke against a dude who I'm pretty sure was sick. He weighed in 5 lbs too light, looked out of it mentally, weak, and was talking to himself.

I was out of the country for this one. Thx for the recap!

I've been looking forward to this Saturday's card for a while. I think Lawler and Johnson win early though. A couple of first round KOs wouldn't be that surprising. Brown perplexes me though, he's got some weird thing about him, like he's permanently high, fights a little like Nick Diaz in that regard. Just chill as hell, walks nonchalantly to you, always wants to exchange. It's why everyone wanted Diaz/Brown. Coulda broke the record for most strikes ever thrown in a fight.

Vitor somehow gets licensed to fight in Nevada, the UFC puts out a press release 30 seconds later stating he'll fight Weidman for the title on Dec. 6th.

MMA is a cesspool.

Why is it a cesspool? If he passed the necessary tests then he deserves a title shot. He was granted one before and he's far from the only guy to have question marks about PED use.

Why is it a cesspool? If he passed the necessary tests then he deserves a title shot. He was granted one before and he's far from the only guy to have question marks about PED use.

He was pulled from a card because he was over the limit. Not only is he skating on punishment, he's being rewarded with a title shot. The Las Vegas commission only cared about the fight happening in Vegas so they can reap the financial benefits.

No doubt in my mind the UFC "donated" to the cause to ensure this decision.

Edited by StillUnknown

I'm not familiar with his situation too much, but when it all went down I thought that first it was TRT got banned, then the next day or some ****, Vitor pulled out of his fight with Weidman. TRT was legal, he was on it, then it suddenly wasn't legal. He can't suddenly get it out of his system...

Yeah, TRT was controversial, but he can't be punished for it. Make him fight another fight? I can see where you're coming from. Cesspool? Sometimes, it's gotten a little silly here and there. But this isn't bad, what a matchup.

Weidman via G&P TKO in RD 3.

Super Heavyweight is coming...who are the prospects of THAT division? I think it'd be hilarious if they made no maximum weight. Will be interesting to see if the athletic cutoff point makes them actually "lesser" fighters than the regular heavyweights. Like Fedor and Cain being able to woop bigger guys. Will these super heavyweights actually be worse than the heavyweights? If you train Shaq or Trent Williams MMA from a young age, are they still too burly to beat Cain? Will there now be a new "baddest man on the planet"? Cain would take that belt, too!

Let's do some inventory:

Flyweight

Bantamweight

Featherweight

Lightweight

Welterweight

Middleweight

Light Heavyweight

Heavyweight

Super Heavyweight

Women's Strawweight

Women's Bantamweight

That's 11 divisions now. 11. Holy ****balls. If they start adding divisions in between divisions, ala Franklinweight, we'll have enough champions to field the Dream Team of Wall-on-Wall gang fighting.

Super Heavyweight is coming...who are the prospects of THAT division? I think it'd be hilarious if they made no maximum weight. Will be interesting to see if the athletic cutoff point makes them actually "lesser" fighters than the regular heavyweights. Like Fedor and Cain being able to woop bigger guys. Will these super heavyweights actually be worse than the heavyweights? If you train Shaq or Trent Williams MMA from a young age, are they still too burly to beat Cain? Will there now be a new "baddest man on the planet"? Cain would take that belt, too!

Are they really considering Super-Heavyweight?

They barely have 5 HW's worth watching. 

Yeah, Cormier has looked invincible. Hasn't lost a round yet. I have a feeling he takes the belt. Can't count Jones out, he's been a pain in the ass to take down, and is an elbow away from gaining momentum, but Cormier takes that belt, IMO. He'd probably be HW champ at this point, if Cain would let him.

Check out UFC 177...

Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier

Dominick Cruz vs. Takeya Mizugaki

Tim Kennedy vs. Yoel Romero

Cat Zingano vs. Amanda Nunes

Conor McGregor vs. Dustin Poirier

John Howard vs. Brian Ebersole

Patrick Côté vs. Stephen Thompson

Holy ****. That's on September 27th. Stay healthy, pleeeease everybody.

Edited by d0ublestr0ker0ll

Anyone notice Dana is wearing a shirt promoting an old fight where one guy tested positive afterwards?

Stupid quirk, but Hunt still walks away with a draw, Silva gets a NC. Other fighters who lose get their loss changed to a NC, why not change the draw to an NC as well?

All this talk of how awesome 178 will be means only one thing: injuries will derail the card. Seriously though, good to see the PPV's being stacked again, in my mind, 8 solid fights with top name fighters should be the norm from now on. If a PPV bout falls apart, there are 3 to bump up from the Prelims.