Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Anything MMA, except thumb wrestling

SUNSTONE

May talked smack about Ronda? From what I remember all he said was I don't know who he is. Not exactly scathing.

Meh, I don't think either has said anything particular scathing about the other.  Noting that someone beats up women when they have admitted to doing exactly that multiple times isn't really groundbreaking.  

Mayweather didn't trash Ronda from what I recall and even had some nice things to say about her during his interview. The only thing he said this last time was call me when you make $300 mil. in 35 minutes.

She keeps talking **** because he can't do anything about it and she knows that. If he kicked her ass in a fight people would complain that he beat up a girl and then if she kicked his ass people would tease him for losing to a girl. He's actually been taking the high road and it's made her look far worse in my opinion.

Her latest comment was this, verbatim:  "Floyd is one of the best boxers of all time. He would definitely beat me in a boxing match.  I unfortunately don't get into 'matches.' I fight for a living.  In a no rules fight, I believe I can beat anyone on this planet. Boxing is a sweet science with strict rules that I respect very much and aspire every day to improve at. But you said ruleless fight, and that's my honest answer,"

Not exactly trashing him.

Edited by PleaseBlitz

And Mike lost essentially everything.  When Floyd bounces off rock bottom and comes begging with hat in hand perhaps people will be more open to accepting him.

If Floyd lost everything, people will rejoice. As bad as Tyson could be, he seem to have some redeeming qualities from a personality standpoint. I personally have not seen any in Floyd since he took up the "Money" persona.

Other than him, I'm trying to think of another UFC fighter who hit a girl. Even Strikeforce, WEC, Bellator, WSOF, or Pride fighters.

Just thought of one, Joe Son. He was part of a gangrape and murder or something. Life without parole. He was a clownshoes fighter from the early days. Went 0-4 in MMA, and is best known for being the fat headed Asian who throws a shoe in Austin Powers.

Can't think of anybody else.

Rumble ?

I'm guessing you may have left him out, because the charges in the most recent accusation were dropped. But he actually had a total of 3 different women allege that Johnson became physically violent over a 5 year period, including a 2009 case where Johnson entered a no contest plea in a domestic violence case

Edited by Malapropismic Depository

Rumble ?

I'm guessing you may have left him out, because the charges in the most recent accusation were dropped. But he actually had a total of 3 different women allege that Johnson became physically violent over a 5 year period, including a 2009 case where Johnson entered a no contest plea in a domestic violence case

Nah, I just didn't think of him off the top of my head.

Crazy too, he's one of the most laid back, soft spoken, humble dudes in interviews. Goes to show that you can't fully judge anyone based on how you perceive them on TV.

Love how MASN2 has UFC shows on every day. Sometimes old PPVs, sometimes UFC Unleashed, sometimes Best of Pride, sometimes those insider shows. Of all channels, MASN2. Because of the MMA shows and Nats games, I watch that channel the most now.

Just watched Tito vs. Liddell 1 and Hughes vs Trigg 2. Still great watches. The crowds were awesome.

The effect of Chuck's eyepoke was what lead to him swarming on Tito. He was getting the better of the standup, the flurry at the end of round 1 was vintage Chuckie.

Hughes vs. Trigg 2 is the only fight I can think of where a strike to the balls, not noticed by the ref, lead to the fight becoming better. Legendary, even.

• Like 1

Nah, I just didn't think of him off the top of my head.

Crazy too, he's one of the most laid back, soft spoken, humble dudes in interviews. Goes to show that you can't fully judge anyone based on how you perceive them on TV.

Yep, and once again Mr Nice Guy totally loses it, on a woman, as we see his "other side"

http://mmajunkie.com/2015/08/ufc-enlists-third-party-law-firm-for-formal-investigation-of-anthony-johnsons-gym-rant

Anthony Johnson is the subject of yet another UFC initiated investigation, this time for a facebook rant in which he repeatedly insulted a woman from his gym and said he “snatched” her yoga mat from under her and threw it across the gym.
Edited by Malapropismic Depository

At least Holm trains with Greg, I don't expect her going in with a stupid as game plan of just swinging for the ko and getting takedown.

Tony Fergus vs Khabib

She has a pretty good knowledge of using distance, she might be able to stay away from Rousey longer than most. Main problem for her is that she doesn't have much pop & she's not on Rousey's level athletically. Holm won't have the pop to make Rousey think twice before closing the distance.

Jackson/Winklejohn will have her well prepared and she has shown she can carry a gameplan, maybe she cracks the 2nd round?

Edited by StillUnknown

Mike Bohn
‏@MikeBohnMMA
Max Holloway tells me he hasn't been drug tested at all before Sunday's fight: "I don't know what's up with that."

main event fighter, not tested at all

Guilherme Cruz
@guicruzzz
@MikeBohnMMA Charles Oliveira told me the same thing last week.

so neither main event fighter was tested? Es Normal.....

Edited by StillUnknown

I don't have a problem with them going away from Ronda vs. Tate 3, however once again the way they handle things is kind of ridiculous.  But I do like a Tate vs. Nunes matchup just as well.

I am sure Rousey is going to look to smother Holm, take away the ability of her to extend her arms & legs when striking, and then once they are in the clinch it is pretty much over.  Will be interesting to see how Holm's coaches prepare to keep Rousey at a distance. 

I don't have a problem with them going away from Ronda vs. Tate 3, however once again the way they handle things is kind of ridiculous.  But I do like a Tate vs. Nunes matchup just as well.

I am sure Rousey is going to look to smother Holm, take away the ability of her to extend her arms & legs when striking, and then once they are in the clinch it is pretty much over.  Will be interesting to see how Holm's coaches prepare to keep Rousey at a distance. 

yeah the logic they use is twisted. Dana says they went away from Tate because we've already seen that fight twice. They knew that before they put Tate in a title eliminator.

Former UFC fighter accuses Dana White and Lorenzo Fertitta of forcing him to fight injured

Retired mixed martial arts (MMA) fighter Cung Le ended his career on a sour note, testing positive for elevated levels of human growth hormone in a drug test overseen by the UFC following his bout against Michael Bisping on Aug. 23, 2014 in Macau.

But the way he tells the story, Le seems to think that unpleasantness was entirely the fault of UFC president Dana White and CEO Lorenzo Fertitta.

Speaking with Nate Quarry on his "Round X Round" podcast, the Vietnamese-American fighter said UFC repeatedly forced him into situations where he had to fight injured and then "botched" a drug test he didn't really fail.

In 2012, following his bout against Patrick Cote at UFC 148, Le says his foot was so badly injured he was forced to move about in a "walking boot." He reportedly ran into Dana White at UFC on Fuel TV: Munoz vs. Weidman, where he told him he couldn't fight in Macau.

White, apparently, wasn't listening: [transcribed by MMAfighting.com]

"Two weeks after that Dan Henderson fought Lyoto Machida[sic]. I was in Los Angeles and they told me to meet them after the fight. I told them the doctor still hadn't cleared me. 'Hasn't cleared you? You've got to step up for the company.' I told them I couldn't get the doctor to give me a notice. I don't think they can do that. I told them hopefully I would be cleared in a week. Dana says, 'OK. You've got to let me know right away.' That night I'm driving and my phone blows up. Dana had announced my fight with Rich Franklin in Macau."

When Le returned to the Octagon in Macau against Bisping following a two year absence and popped for human growth hormone, he claims UFC pressured him into admission of guilt for using PEDs. This was despite the fact that Dr. Don Catlin, an expert in performance enhancing drugs, suggested Le's HGH levels were lower than the expected post-exercise reference range for an athlete delivering a sample after strenuous activity.

"Dana called me and tells me if I just admit it, it'll be easier. The public would forgive me more. 'Look at the pitcher from the New York Giants[sic], he got busted for something.' Dana was saying it's easier just to admit it. I just didn't want to talk to him anymore. Had to hang up. He might as well have just sent some thugs to my house to strong-arm me or something. It's just ridiculous. Sometimes you get the s**t end of the stick and they just happen to be the s**t."

But to add some context to this whole thing, both Le and Quarry, along with Jon Fitch, are plaintiffs in a class-action antitrust lawsuit against Zuffa, accusing the UFC parent company of violating the Sherman Antitrust Act.

Click on the link for the rest