Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I used to think the Rock getting those tattoos would hinder his movie career.  Clearly, I was wrong.  But only because he seems perfectly content doing lowbrow dumb material.  Then it doesnt really matter.

On 11/29/2017 at 8:31 PM, TK said:

Impact Wrestling Releases Legal Grip: Matt Hardy can be 'Broken' in WWE

Putting these kind of gimmicks with Bray Wyatt usually seems logical, but then it never works out for either guy.

But they're really dispensing with all the setup they did in TNA to explain it.  WWE just dove right in.

Once again the WWE is going to blow a character, why not put Hardy against someone like Miz (I know he's filming a movie) who can sell being freaked out by the insane character? When you put him against Wyatt all you're going to get is them trying to out crazy one another. Unfortunately, I think it's going to fall flat.

• 5 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, The Evil Genius said:

The Kenny Omega vs Chris Jericho match tomorrow night (at Wrstle Kingdom 12) has to be epic, right?

Like goodbye and good night, bang epic...

LOVED the build up they've done for this. Go check out Jericho's podcast from today with Don Callis. They give out a lot of small tiny minute details that Don dropped on commentary before the twitter buildup even started. 

East Coast pre show time I think is around 3AM. Yeah, I think I'll just catch it on a "replay" online somewhere... ;)

39 minutes ago, TK said:

LOVED the build up they've done for this. Go check out Jericho's podcast from today with Don Callis. They give out a lot of small tiny minute details that Don dropped on commentary before the twitter buildup even started. 

East Coast pre show time I think is around 3AM. Yeah, I think I'll just catch it on a "replay" online somewhere... ;)

It's being shown on AXS TV on Saturday. If you have Comcast, you likely have that channel.

http://network.wwe.com/video/v1727012583?contextType=wwe-show&contextId=table_for_3&contentId=248425992&watchlistAltButtonContext=series

Table for 3 show with Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat and Sting. They talk about some of their crazy adventures,

Steamboat tells about his first Angle with Flair in 1977. Steamboat wins the mid Atlantic Tv title from Flair. Steamboat gets his face rubbed into the cement floor and Flair says sorry Steamboat about making it real. Steamboat gets his face disfigured for a year. Flair and Steamboat talk about how strong kayfab was back in the 70 'and 80'. Steambat says in the same time frame of 1977 or 78 he goes into the convience store that the fans know all the wrestlers go after the tv taping. Steamboat said he turned Ric flair around and threatened him and his family. The fans go wild. at about 2 am flair calls steamboat and asks if they are good steamboat said he was keeping the angle going in front of the fans

Sting tells about his time when he gets injured at clash of champions trying to climb the cage to get to Flair and the Horsemen, Flair said it was when Sting was given the 2 hours to decide if he was joining the Four Horsemen. Sting says he tears his ligaments in his knee and can't climb the cage. flair doesn't knoew so he charges out of the cage and attacks sting. He is stopped by pillman when he learns Sting is hurt.

There are a lot of other great stories. I like how they said the wrestlers today break kayfab more then the 70's and 80's.Sting says Bray Wyatt is the closest to the old school character.

Edited by Gallen5862

The Table for 3s are pitiful, IMO.  They edit them down too much.  They need to let them go.  You got Flair, Steamboat, and Sting and they only show 20 minutes. 

Cornette was saying they sat there telling stories for 90 minutes on his episode and they cut it all out and made it 15.

Edited by justice98

Speaking of breaking kayfabe, I've been scouring the internet trying to find the photo I'm told exists of Dusty and Flair breaking kayfabe at a Hawks game, chilling side by side courtside in mink coats.  Story goes the suits werent too pleased about that.

But Bray breaks kayfabe on a regular basis on social media.  He doesnt give a crap there.  

34 minutes ago, TK said:

It's on YouTube already. I'm waiting for the entire show on Axis tomorrow night.

Yeah, I watched it yesterday. Jericho/omega was legit.

Edited by justice98

1 minute ago, justice98 said:

NJPW had a clip from it on their FB page last night. I saw that & their post match presser/promo. Jericho is the ****ing GOAT. 

7 hours ago, Gallen5862 said:

http://network.wwe.com/video/v1727012583?contextType=wwe-show&contextId=table_for_3&contentId=248425992&watchlistAltButtonContext=series

Table for 3 show with Ric Flair, Ricky Steamboat and Sting. They talk about some of their crazy adventures,

Steamboat tells about his first Angle with Flair in 1977. Steamboat wins the mid Atlantic Tv title from Flair. Steamboat gets his face rubbed into the cement floor and Flair says sorry Steamboat about making it real. Steamboat gets his face disfigured for a year. Flair and Steamboat talk about how strong kayfab was back in the 70 'and 80'. Steambat says in the same time frame of 1977 or 78 he goes into the convience store that the fans know all the wrestlers go after the tv taping. Steamboat said he turned Ric flair around and threatened him and his family. The fans go wild. at about 2 am flair calls steamboat and asks if they are good steamboat said he was keeping the angle going in front of the fans

Sting tells about his time when he gets injured at clash of champions trying to climb the cage to get to Flair and the Horsemen, Flair said it was when Sting was given the 2 hours to decide if he was joining the Four Horsemen. Sting says he tears his ligaments in his knee and can't climb the cage. flair doesn't knoew so he charges out of the cage and attacks sting. He is stopped by pillman when he learns Sting is hurt.

There are a lot of other great stories. I like how they said the wrestlers today break kayfab more then the 70's and 80's.Sting says Bray Wyatt is the closest to the old school character.

1. Flair repurposed that angle for his feud with Ricky Morton. I'm pretty sure both angles are on Youtube now.

2. In his biography, Flair says that Harley Race used sandpaper to give Steamboat's face the wounds he needed. But at this point, Flair has told every story 5 times with 5 different endings.

3. Sting's injury was caused by Doug Dillinger of all people who grabbed his leg when he was climbing the cage. That injury pretty much crippled WCW from that moment until Bischoff got Turner to start Nitro.

4. There is no more kayfabe at all - as this show proves.

1 hour ago, justice98 said:

Speaking of breaking kayfabe, I've been scouring the internet trying to find the photo I'm told exists of Dusty and Flair breaking kayfabe at a Hawks game, chilling side by side courtside in mink coats.  Story goes the suits werent too pleased about that.

I've never heard that story at all. Where are you getting that from?

That sounds weird, because I'm not sure Flair and Dusty were remotely close beyond around '83. Dusty was turfed about a month into Turner's takeover of Crockett so it's possible it happened during that time period after he was fired but before he went to work for Vince, I guess. But Flair probably wouldn't be trying to piss off the Turner execs at that point since he was consolidating his own power at that point and did, in fact, eventually become booker.

Bit of a sidetrack, but I was reading somewhere about how there was supposed to be a big HBK/Randy Savage feud.

My earliest wrestling memories start around '93-'94, so I would've missed out, but damn, is there anyway that wouldn't have been the greatest rivalry ever?

1 hour ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

I've never heard that story at all. Where are you getting that from?

That sounds weird, because I'm not sure Flair and Dusty were remotely close beyond around '83. Dusty was turfed about a month into Turner's takeover of Crockett so it's possible it happened during that time period after he was fired but before he went to work for Vince, I guess. But Flair probably wouldn't be trying to piss off the Turner execs at that point since he was consolidating his own power at that point and did, in fact, eventually become booker.

Oh, I have no idea where I heard that, it was years ago.  Might be an urban legend, exaggerated over time.  But they did have a friendly rivalry over who spent more on fur coats, that much is true. 

Edited by justice98

28 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Oh, I have no idea where I heard that, it was years ago.  Might be an urban legend, exaggerated over time.  But they did have a friendly rivalry over who spent more on fur coats, that much is true. 

Dusty and Magnum allegedly had matching Porsches (one of which Magnum had to be cut out of).  They definitely had matching fur coats, which they wore on TBS.

I have heard about Dusty going out and buying the same stuff as Flair.

On 1/5/2018 at 10:52 AM, justice98 said:

I watched it twice. Once on Axis with the JR commentary & once from NJPW with the Kevin Kelly & Don Callis. 

Thought it was better called by KK & Cyrus then it was by JR & Josh. 

Jericho at his post match presser said F Japan I'm never coming back here & then the next day at New Year's Dash showed up & jumped Naito. Word is that match will be in March at their 2nd US show in California. 

1980s wrestlers were legit badass rock stars. These guys today are all a bunch of blowdryer using *******. They really need to hire somebody (specifically, I am talking about me) to whip that industry back into shape. For those that need a reminder... I have a proven formula for success.

Gyms-Should-Provide-Needles-For-Injectin

PLUS

man%20snorting%20cocaine.jpg

EQUALS

latest?cb=20170827071320

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

WWE's Raw 25th Anniversary Show was good only to be followed up by this.

WWE fired Enzo Amore for sexual assault. 

https://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2018/01/23/WWEs-Enzo-Amore-suspended-following-sexual-assault-allegations/6411516715899/

http://www.wwe.com/article/enzo-amore-released

WWE Superstar and current Cruiserweight Champion Enzo Amore has been suspended after being accused on Twitter of raping a woman in October.

Amore, real name Eric Arndt, is currently under investigation by police in Arizona for raping the unidentified woman, authorities confirmed to Pro Wrestling Sheet. The Phoenix police department said that the majority of the investigation is complete with police waiting on lab results.