Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

47 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

The WWF/E DID monopolize pro wrestling.

I think he meant more so by buying them out like he did WCW and ECW.  Technically, TNA could still be considered competition, but by definition only as we all know it will never get on the level of going head to head with Raw (or even Smackdown) head to head live on a weekly basis.  I actually liked TNA back in 2008-2010/11.  Haven't watched it since, but just checked out the active roster and man does it look bad.

I did enjoy the Beautiful People's ring entrance back in the day.....

Related image

https://www.pwinsider.com/ViewArticle.php?id=30190

Ric Flair 16 18 21 Time Champion. How many Championships has He won?

Ric Flair has won more than 16 World Heavyweight Championships! 

The article mentions several title changes that were considered Phantom Title Changes.

Edited by Gallen5862

13 hours ago, DM72 said:

Totally agree with Funk. I'll even go one step further. The WWE is trying to monopolize pro wrestling. There's even rumor that the WWE Network might add TNA and ROH. 

He eliminated the only real competition 17 years ago. None of those other promotions were ever big enough to compare to them.

And in all honesty,  both wCw and ECW did themselves in more than anyone else, simply due to stupidity. I don't really blame Vince for doing what Heyman would've done, and what Turner/Bischoff nearly came close to doing

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

https://thegorillaposition.com/2017/10/04/today-in-pro-wrestling-history-oct-4th-a-terrible-plane-crash/

TODAY IN PRO WRESTLING HISTORY… OCT. 4th: A Terrible Plane Crash

DATELINE: OCT. 4, 1975 – WILMINGTON, NC

A twin engine, Cessna airplane carrying Ric Flair, Johnny Valentine, David Crockett, ‘Mr. Wrestling’ Tim Woods & Bob Bruggers goes down near the Wilmington, NC, airport.

Despite their injuries, the wrestlers would survive the crash, while the pilot would die two months later from injuries caused in the accident.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I saw a promotional interview on the spectrum channel in Wilmington, NC. The Producer and interviewer for ESPN said that Ric Flair told him that was one of the reasons that he fought to live while in the hospital. He said that Ric Flair said he could not die before the show aired on ESPN. The interviewer was a big fan of Ric Flair, .  The Spectrum guy said he didn't really watch Wrestling himself much as a boy but knew about Ric Flair. The ESPN guy dropped a nugget that Ric Flair really lived his angle in real life and claimed to have been with about 10,000 women. I can't wait to see the special. I hope that they show a bunch of his NWA, Mid Atlantic days. I would imagine the plane Crash in Wilmington, NC would be part of the program!

Edited by Gallen5862

7 minutes ago, Gallen5862 said:

I can't wait to see the special. I hope that they show a bunch of his NWA, Mid Atlantic days. I would imagine the plane Crash in Wilmington, NC would be part of the program!

From the previews, there will be a lot his NWA days featured.

Isn't Jericho considered one of the better technical wrestlers in modern WWE history? I font think the same can be said about HHH. 

HHH got a lot bigger pop during his career, but I still think Jericho was/is a better wrestler and personality. 

5 hours ago, justice98 said:

Jericho is free to do what he wants.  He's not under contract with WWE.  And when he was, it was month to month.  

I didn't not know that. I thought he was still under contract.

3 hours ago, justice98 said:

On the pantheon of pro wrestling, who would you rank higher, HHH or Jericho?

Well... HHH. Jericho is funnier. That's about it.

Also guys, it's easy nowadays to forget the thing that made HHH a transcendent star. The thing that distinguished him from other guys who could work well and talk well.

Triple-H.jpeg

Steroids. Copious amounts of steroids. That and he knew how to manipulate the politics of the business better than others.

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff

20 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Well... HHH. Jericho is funnier. That's about it.

Also guys, it's easy nowadays to forget the thing that made HHH a transcendent star. The thing that distinguished him from other guys who could work well and talk well.

Steroids. That and he knew how to manipulate the politics of the business better than others.

All of that plus the water spit thingy, can't forget that.

giphy.gif