Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

39 minutes ago, justice98 said:

Ole might be the most disliked person in wrestling.  And that's saying something.  He always comes off like an SOB and I never hear anybody say anything nice about him, other than he had a good mind for the business.

He's certainly the most grumpy and miserable, I'm not sure he's the most disliked though. 

Hogan might actually get that crown.

4 hours ago, justice98 said:

On the pantheon of pro wrestling, who would you rank higher, HHH or Jericho?

Jericho, but Triple H always had the right connections, and right roids

Jericho was great on the mic, and had great all around wrestling skills, so he could match up well with anyone on the card.

Not saying Triple H wasn't great, but I feel his place among wrestling immortality was something that was given to him, unlike most of the others

• Like 1

Jericho was/is one of my favorites of all time.  Even during WCW, his feud with Dean Melinko was great.  He could work a crowd with his mic skills with the best of them.  Then when he came to WWF and started his feud with The Rock, classic.  And the continued insulting of Stephanie.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Jericho, but Triple H always had the right connections, and right roids

Jericho was great on the mic, and had great all around wrestling skills, so he could match up well with anyone on the card.

Not saying Triple H wasn't great, but I feel his place among wrestling immortality was something that was given to him, unlike most of the others

I don't think HHH is among wrestling's immortality to be honest. During the Attitude Era, I always viewed him a notch below Stone Cold, The Rock, The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. 

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Even during WCW, his feud with Dean Melinko was great. 

I remember that. It was pretty good which I guess would have to be a testament to Jericho since that thing lasted like three months and Malenko was only on air for 10 minutes of it. Great payoff at the end.

http://www.wwe.com/videos/chris-jericho-receives-an-unwanted-surprise-slamboree-1998

Edited by Sacks 'n' Stuff
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Hogan was only a jerk to people he perceived as a threat. Outlaw Ron Bass  never had an issue with him.

I'm sure there's plenty that don't have an issue with him, but there's quite a few that did. 

23 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

There was nothing like heel wCw Jericho. They really blew it by not pushing him to the main event.

His WWE tenure was good, but didn't live up to what I expected when he first signed.

Speaking of Hogan.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, DM72 said:

I don't think HHH is among wrestling's immortality to be honest. During the Attitude Era, I always viewed him a notch below Stone Cold, The Rock, The Undertaker and Shawn Michaels. 

I don t either. Most marks don't. But he's like the boisterous dude at the party who's not on the invite list, but schmoozes around enough to where people just go with it.

Always caught the tide at the right moment. Made friends with Michaels, Nash and Hall, got the DX bump, then got the keys, then the Corporation, then the Vince/Helmsley stuff, Evolution (I stopped watching not long after that but it probably went on and on), then he transformed his body from jock surfer that probably played D3 college ball, to basically Zeus. And everything else fell into place. Really good, but always in the right place in the right time  and also Vince being scared to death to put the title in anyone elses hands for more than 5 minutes (if that) during that time

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

What about Edge?

I've actually been curious about seeing how his, Batista, Cena (begrudgingly), Guerrero, Orton and Rey turned out. Last show I remember watching was whatever one it was when Taker buried Paul Bearer in cement. That was around summer '04

Think Edge was mia for some reason. Part of me always wanted to come back, but O literally felt ill watching John Cena talk/wrestle, and just couldn't take anymore.

I'd be interested now tho, if WWE Network has Raw/Smackdown ep's. Makes me miss the days of megaupload, where you could find a crappy tv movie from 45 years ago. They had everything

16 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Cena gets a bad rap. 

I agree. But he's not the same dude now that he was then.

"The Dr of Thuganomics" who no one could ever see (because they just changed the channel) is who basically made me stop watching wrestling, and it's only because I started to sense that WWE had big plans for him, and I drew my line in the sand.

Most annoying wrestlers that i can remember (dudes you would just boo automatically because they were sorry af) usually never went beyond mid card status, but i knew what was coming, so i bounced. Not seeing Edge,  Batista and others realize their full potential as wrestlers (and not seeing Shawn Michaels come back after the Hell In A Cell injury and resume his career renaissance) is something I've long regretted. I don't regret having missed John Cena

• Haha 1

Cena pretty much had everything you want... He looked great, wrestled well, was good on the mic, hard worker, did all the extra stuff with the media and volunteer work, and had wolverine like mutant recovery powers from injury. Plus, he loses all the time. The idea that he's Super Cena that can't ever be beat is just imaginary.

Pretty much anyone in the spotlight is going to get hated on by our age group (except Daniel Bryan for some reason) because the product isn't geared for us anymore. Of course, when they try to switch things up to keep it fresh you end up with a list of world champions that includes Jack Swagger & The Great Khali.

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

What about Edge?

Edge got a nice push but that was way later. Plus it was a fraction of what Jericho could have and likely would have been had he gotten to be “the man” that he deserved to be

I mean Jericho was the first undisputed champ which he got by beating Rock and Austin in separate matches in the same PPV. He got pushes but he never go to be the face of the company or THE heel. His stuff even as champ was never never flag carrying stuff. 

Edited by Momma There Goes That Man
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Cena pretty much had everything you want... He looked great, wrestled well, was good on the mic, hard worker, did all the extra stuff with the media and volunteer work, and had wolverine like mutant recovery powers from injury. Plus, he loses all the time. The idea that he's Super Cena that can't ever be beat is just imaginary.

Pretty much anyone in the spotlight is going to get hated on by our age group (except Daniel Bryan for some reason) because the product isn't geared for us anymore. Of course, when they try to switch things up to keep it fresh you end up with a list of world champions that includes Jack Swagger & The Great Khali.

Meh,  I was 16 when I gave up watching WWE . They were still marketing heavily towards that age group then. 

Even though I largely don't care for him even now, most of my criticism of him is from 13 years ago

10 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Meh,  I was 16 when I gave up watching WWE . They were still marketing heavily towards that age group then. 

Even though I largely don't care for him even now, most of my criticism of him is from 13 years ago

Yeah but I mean, what's the criticism other than he was going to be the top guy?

35 minutes ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Yeah but I mean, what's the criticism other than he was going to be the top guy?

Him being the top guy isn't criticism. And he wasn't even pegged as the top guy yet. I was done with wrestling for several years before that happened.

His wigger suburbia gimmick was nauseating. Any true mic skills he had were not visible while he was playing that role, it was just him (and his homie B Square) looking like complete dumbasses.

I remember a fair amount of his matches. Decent ring skills, nothing nightmarish, nothing noteworthy, nothing unique to his delivery/movements to offset that reality, other than he was big and powerful. The era he came into set a higher standard though, one I had grown accustomed to. 

Nothing really jumped out at me, yet everywhere he went, people went nuts. And usually, WWE listens, so he was marked for greatness, and after WrestleMania XX when he beat Big Show, every month the noise got a little louder and a little louder.

Around this time, a lot of people were hurt, retired, on hiatus, or just straight up leaving, so I knew they had to be looking for new young faces to carry the company, and the people decided that he was going to be one of them. And that was it

^ Gotcha and can't disagree with anything you said. I remember when he started getting popular with the thug gimmick and they did this vignette showing how he grew up a wrestling fan, yada yada yada. They showed the house he grew up in and it was some $700,000 home in the suburbs... character seemed less convincing then.

For most fans, it was the opposite. They loved that gimmick and Cena was the most popular guy on the roster. Until he became the top guy then they decided they didn't like him anymore. Same thing with Reigns. Everybody loved him until WWE decided to make him the top guy. Now they hate him.

5 hours ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

^ Gotcha and can't disagree with anything you said. I remember when he started getting popular with the thug gimmick and they did this vignette showing how he grew up a wrestling fan, yada yada yada. They showed the house he grew up in and it was some $700,000 home in the suburbs... character seemed less convincing then.

For most fans, it was the opposite. They loved that gimmick and Cena was the most popular guy on the roster. Until he became the top guy then they decided they didn't like him anymore. Same thing with Reigns. Everybody loved him until WWE decided to make him the top guy. Now they hate him.

I didn't mind the thug gimmick at all, my beef with that dude started after he did that stupid movie and they converted him into some super patriot that has to always have the championship. 

Reigns never connected with me either, I found the Shield to be a decent enough group, but nowhere near the elite crew that the company likes to portray them as. Roman is nothing more than a slightly upgraded Lex Lugar, look that Vince loves but bland beyond belief and doesn't connect with the audience that's one of the main reasons ratings and attendance figures are so poor.

3 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I didn't mind the thug gimmick at all, my beef with that dude started after he did that stupid movie and they converted him into some super patriot that has to always have the championship. 

Reigns never connected with me either, I found the Shield to be a decent enough group, but nowhere near the elite crew that the company likes to portray them as. Roman is nothing more than a slightly upgraded Lex Lugar, look that Vince loves but bland beyond belief and doesn't connect with the audience that's one of the main reasons ratings and attendance figures are so poor.

Reigns isn't as good as Luger. But that's just my opinion.

• Like 1