Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Yeah, as much as I wish it wasn't that way, pro wrestling and concussions are inseparable, even when not getting blasted in the dome with a chair, or having your skull driven  through the announcers table to the floor (like with Kurt Angle).

For him, just getting slammed on the mat may be dicey. I wish him luck though

25 minutes ago, Lombardi's_kid_brother said:

Well, that Young Bucks/Cody Rhodes event has a surefire way of selling out now. Bryan-Cody as a main event is business.

And there's a chance he could die which is always fun.

I think if the next few months go off without a hitch, he stays in WWE.  I dont get the impression he actually wants to leave WWE, he just wanted to wrestle. And if that meant leaving, so be it.  But now he can wrestle. 

WWE is just gonna print money cuz he's so over. I dont think they'll let somebody else reap the benefits.  I think they'll make it compelling for him to stay.

1 hour ago, Mr. Sinister said:

Yeah, as much as I wish it wasn't that way, pro wrestling and concussions are inseparable, even when not getting blasted in the dome with a chair, or having your skull driven  through the announcers table to the floor (like with Kurt Angle).

I didn't need him taking back bumps on the apron right out of the gate.  They couldn't do an injured knee angle or something?  

But it was good heat for KO and Sami.

• Like 1

NJPW's Strong Style Evolved show from Long Beach is tonight at 8pm on Axis. 

The on screen guide has it listed as a 4 hour show with the replay immediately after at Midnight.

If you don't have Axis & want to watch it live tonight, SlingTV & DirecTV NOW both have Axis & both have that free week trial. Axis on SlingTV also has a buncha NJPW ppvs from this year in their OnDemand section.

NJPW has released the full card for tonight’s Strong Style: Evolved show, which takes place in Long Beach, California.

It should be noted that Rey Mysterio has been pulled from the show due to injury and his original opponent, Jushin Liger, will face Will Ospreay instead.

– Roppongi 3k & Rocky Romero vs. SoCal Uncensored (Kazarian, Christopher Daniels & Scorpio Sky)

– David Finlay & Juice Robinson vs. CHAOS (Hirooki Goto & YOSHI-HASHI)

– CHAOS (Toru Yano & Chuckie T) vs. Killer Elite Squad (Lance Archer & Davey Boy Smith Jr.)

– Guerrillas Of Destiny (Tama Tonga & Tanga Loa) vs. Bullet Club (Marty Scurll & Cody)

– Taguchi Japan (Ryusuke Taguchi, Hiroshi Tanahashi, Dragon Lee & KUSHIDA) vs. Los Ingobernables de Japon (Tetsuya Naito, BUSHI, SANADA & Hiromu Takahashi)

– Jushin “Thunder” Liger vs. Will Ospreay.

– CHAOS (Kazuchika Okada & Tomohiro Ishii) vs. Suzuki-gun (Minoru Suzuki & Zack Sabre Jr.)

– IWGP United States Heavyweight Championship Match: Champion “Switchblade” Jay White vs. Hangman Page

– The Golden Lovers (Kenny Omega & Kota Ibushi) vs. The Young Bucks (Matt Jackson & Nick Jackson)

1 hour ago, Sacks 'n' Stuff said:

Are they still allowed to do steroids and cocaine in NJPW? I’m thinking about starting my own promotion, the SCWF. We’ll bump WWE from the mainstream pretty quickly.

:ols: 

No idea, but NJPW has become my favorite WWE/NXT alternative with ROH right behind New Japan. I gave up on TNAGlobalOwlImpactForce or whatever it is this week when the Hardys left. 

• Haha 1

On ‎3‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 11:08 AM, Mr. Sinister said:

Want to know a good way to separate them?

Don't get "blasted" on the head with a chair. Don't get your skull driven through the announcer's table.

For 50 years, every chair shot was protected. Until I discovered ECW, I had seen two table spots in my life. Harley Race and Hogan - and that one nearly killed Harley. Funk and Flair - and that one scared the ever-living **** out of Flair, because Funk basically called it in the ring.

I wasn't a tape trader so I had never seen the Randy Savage-Ricky Morton spot.

Point is, guys used to have 30 year careers. Now they have 5 year careers because they do stuff they shouldn't do.

Angle is the worst offender btw. He would do a moonsault through a table at a spot show in Troy, New York in front of 1500 people. He's insane.

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, pjfootballer said:

Not a big fan of Ronda Rousey in WWE. Too gimmicky for my taste.

At this point, she's so green, she's just not good at anything. The best thing she does is mean mug somebody.  That doesnt make me want to see her in a match or on the mic.

If you hire Rhonda Rousey to make her a wrestler, you shouldn't hire Rhonda Rousey. She should only appear on tv or PPVs to look tough, armbar people in under 15 seconds, and beat up Stephanie McMahon. Granted, a lot of this would have been more effective before she got stomped twice in UFC, but you don't bring her in to do 8 minute matches with Mandy Rose.

Again, the only problem with this idea is that she would basically be Lady Brock, but seriously, what else do you do with her? A few years ago, she was the most famous woman athlete in the world. You let her do your version of the stuff that made her famous in the first place, or you don't sign her.

Going down to NO next week for Mania weekend. I’m still can’t believe I’m getting the chance to go. I’m so ****ing excited. 

Going to Walemania Thursday. 

ROH Supercard of Honor Saturday to see Omega vs Rhodes for leadership of the Bullet Club. And the Young Bucks and Flip Gordon in a 6 man ladder match :)

and of course Mania on Sunday. Can’t wait 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93 said:

Going down to NO next week for Mania weekend. I’m still can’t believe I’m getting the chance to go. I’m so ****ing excited. 

Going to Walemania Thursday. 

ROH Supercard of Honor Saturday to see Omega vs Rhodes for leadership of the Bullet Club. And the Young Bucks and Flip Gordon in a 6 man ladder match :)

and of course Mania on Sunday. Can’t wait 

I hate you. :) 

• Haha 2

37 minutes ago, pjfootballer said:

How much is Wrestlemania? I can’t find a PPV price?

You can stream it via WWE Network for $9.99 which also includes 3 months of service. 

Or you can make a one-time purchase from PPV for about $60. 

Choices... :) 

• Thanks 1

It's free for new subscribers.

16 hours ago, TK said:

Takeover opened with a 6 man 45 min ladder match for the new North American Championship. 

Now the rest of the card has to follow that. Holy ****.

Takeovers never disappoint.  There's usually never a weak match on the card. 

I get the feeling on the main roster, they tell people to play their role and not upstage other matches/wrestlers.    

But on the Takeovers, they let each match be as good as it can be and to go out try to steal the show.  It helps to not have so many matches.

Edited by justice98

Props to WWE’s customer service department. I’d received an email that my account info had been changed. Someone was able to hack it & change my email which allowed them to reset the password. Called them up & got my account back in about 15 minutes. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, TK said:

Watching last nights ROH Supercard Of Honor while waiting for WM to start. 

Bully Ray with a GREAT heel turn on Cheeseburger. 

Don't forget the preshow is on now, but stuff probably won't start happening until next hour.