Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

More notes from lop.net

-- A WWE source said that "several names" identified by the media as being customers of Signature Pharmacy were inaccurate; these few allegedly did not have a link to the online pharmacy. As a report stated earlier, Batista is among those who claim to have been incorrectly linked to the alleged steroid distributor.

While the errantly named wrestlers are upset about the media coverage, WWE is opting not to allow them to address the media for fear of a backlash similar to that it faced during the fallout of the Benoit tragedy.

-- The return of Shawn Michaels is apparently not imminent. Michaels was contacted about returning soon, but the word going around is that he is not planning to come back ahead of schedule.

-- Sources say that WWE continues to have interest in a Chris Jericho return. It is unclear how close the two parties are to striking a deal.

(Source: PWTorch.com)

<LI>SmackDown! superstar, Batista issued the following statement via his official website in regards to false media reports:

To my fans and friends:

I categorically deny a report on ESPN.com, and repeated by other media outlets, that I am or ever have been a customer of Signature Pharmacy of Orlando, an on-line pharmacy company that is a target of an investigation by the Albany, New York District Attorney's Office.

I am being tested regularly by the WWE, and I am in full compliance with the WWE Wellness Program.

I regret the inaccurate reporting, and I will do all I can in the future to stop any publication or anyone from making such false accusations.

<LI>Rep. Cliff Stearns Tightens Grip On WWE Over Steroids

By moving to suspend 10 of its performers for possible steroid violations Thursday, the WWE proved one thing: "The WWE does not have a drug policy that's worth a flip," U.S. Rep. Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) told the Daily News yesterday. "Because the WWE didn't catch them, the district attorney in (Albany) New York investigated and found them."

The 10 wrestlers were not named by the WWE, but their names surfaced in the investigation led by Albany D.A. David Soares and the state Bureau of Narcotic Control. At least 14 wrestlers have been identified as having received steroids, human growth hormone and other drugs from Signature Pharmacy in Orlando, which was raided in February by Albany and Florida law-enforcement agencies. WWE officials have not explained how some of their performers avoided suspensions, and WWE attorney Jerry McDevitt did not return calls.

Stearns, the minority leader of the House Energy and Commerce committee, repeated yesterday that he would like to hold hearings about the use of illegal performance enhancers in wrestling some time late this month, but that it's up to committee chairman John Dingell (D-Mich.).

"If those are all from Signature Pharmacy, I'd like to know how many other pharmacies might be involved," Stearns said from his home in Florida.

The 14 wrestlers, as first reported by the Daily News, are: Randy Orton, Charles Haas Jr., Adam (Edge) Copeland, Robert (Booker T) Huffman, Shane Helms, Mike Bucci, Anthony Carelli, John (Johnny Nitro) Hennigan, Darren (William Regal) Matthews, Ken (Mr. Kennedy) Anderson, Eddie (Umaga) Fatu, Shoichi Funaki and Chavo Guerrero.

Click Here To Read The Full Article.

<LI>Cryme Tyme's Shad Comments On WWE Release

The following Was Posted By Shad On His MySpace.com page:

Source: http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=74587944&blogID=306254168

Hi every one this is my first BLOG so bear with me, I'm not a computer guy. I figured this was the best whey to answer everyone's questions and give credible answers to the situation involving me and J. First I want to say thank you to WWE and all the talent in & out of the ring (Superstars, Divas, Agents, Production, Creative, Referees, Office, OVW, and more) for giving me the opportunity to follow my dreams and helping to mold and guide me in the right directions. I also would like to apologize to anyone I have hurt or disrespected. I am truly sorry.

Being a WWE wrestler has been a dream of mine since I was 5 years old and wrestling for WWE is the greatest job in the world. Unfortunately due to certain actions and events that I will NOT discuss J and I were released. WWE is not an evil greedy corporation, it is a family, and in my heart I know I will some day be a WWE Super star again and part of that family. But until then I will continue to learn my craft and become the best that I can be. God has shut a door in my life, but he is opening a window.

So with that being said, special thanks to my Family & Friends for their love and support, OVW & Danny Davis, my former co-workers and still friends, also thank you to anyone that has ever cheered for me I love you all, and last but not least, a special thank you goes out to all the people who screwed, booed, and cheated me throughout my life & career. You have made me stronger and better in what I am doing. You made me appreciate even more the people who demonstrated the true meaning of loyalty and trust. You taught me the value of friendship; that trust has to be earned, not given. You taught me not to trust someone just because they go to church, because all of you did.

I will keep everyone posted as best I can.

Thank you & God bless

Shad J Gaspard

The 14 wrestlers, as first reported by the Daily News, are: Randy Orton, Charles Haas Jr., Adam (Edge) Copeland, Robert (Booker T) Huffman, Shane Helms, Mike Bucci, Anthony Carelli, John (Johnny Nitro) Hennigan, Darren (William Regal) Matthews, <b>Ken (Mr. Kennedy) Anderson</b>, Eddie (Umaga) Fatu, Shoichi Funaki and Chavo Guerrero.

Ken....

AN-DER-SON!

Ken....

AN-DER-SON!

According to Wikipedia, he changed it so as to not be confused with the Anderson family; Heyman chose, funnily enough, because it was McMahon's middle name.

It was kinda funny; I saw one of his first appearances, and when he said "Mr. Anderson" it reminded me of the Matrix :laugh: :geek:

I doubt VEY SERIOUSLY that this is true but it is kinda funny

Cryme Tyme fired for selling WCW

by Wrestling Professor

Cryme Tyme Fired for Selling WCW

Former WWE Rival Fetches 61 Cents from Ringside Fan

Cryme

September 3, 2007

BOSTON, MA -- Cryme Tyme, the World Wrestling Entertainment (WWE) tag team known for auctioning off items during WWE's television programs, was fired Monday for selling World Championship Wrestling (WCW) for a sum of 61 cents. The sale, and firing, are effective immediately.

Following Monday's taping of Monday Night RAW in Boston, Cryme Tyme team members JTG and Shad Gaspard returned to the ring and made the sale to a 21-year-old fan in the front row who declined to be identified. Terms of the sale include all WCW assets, rights, liabilities, copyrights, and the entire video library.

"We need some of that money, money, yeah, yeah," said a monotonous Linda McMahon from the post-sale locker room scene. "That thing (WCW) had been on sale for months, with no real takers. Still, Cryme Tyme had no authorization to sell it without stockholder approval. An asking price of 61 cents is an absolute insult; we feel it’s worth at least two dollars."

The McMahon family's take of the sale comes out to 31 cents, with Cryme Tyme retaining 30 cents, which it is believed will be split up among the team evenly. McMahon said the WWE Human Resources department is looking into withholding the 30 cents as part of the employment termination process with Cryme Tyme.

The actual scene, not recorded to television, was reported to have been uneventful. Attendees in the front row who initially passed on the sale included Ted Turner (who declined their offer of $2.50), Mark Cuban (who declined an offer of $1.25), Eric Bischoff (75 cents), and current Total Nonstop Action (TNA) owner Bob Carter (70 cents). The final offer to the winner was actually 65 cents, but JTG and Gaspard each kicked in two cents. It was said the winner accepted the money terms begrudgingly.

Bischoff, who grew WCW to a company that earned over $80 million in profit in its best year, seemed saddened at the sale. In the Monday Night Wars DVD, Bischoff is shown saying WCW was worth "Twenty bucks" without a TV deal. As it turned out, it ended up being worth roughly 3% of $20, and even then, the sum of 61 cents was said to have been overpriced.

Nevertheless, the winner seemed optimistic. "It's more than what my investors (points to his parents) wanted to pay, but we figure it can fetch at least a buck on eBay, meaning we'd pocket at least a 60% return on investment."

WCW had been devalued over the years, experts say, by bad booking, lack of TV exposure, and a hot-selling book called Death of WCW that chronicled the rise and fall of the once legendary wrestling promotion. The McMahons are believed to have paid less than $5 million for WCW in 2001, which at the time was termed a "fire sale" in terms of the bargain basement price. Now, six years later, it had become a laughing stock, and evidently, a penny stock.

Cryme Tyme had unsuccessfully attempted to sell WCW on previous occasions, but even in Atlanta, there were no real takers. Negotiations were ongoing at one point for an investor in Georgia who had expressed interest, but the deal fell apart when they couldn't come up with the $3 purchase price. At that point, Cryme Tyme pulled the deal off the table, believing (incorrectly) they could get $5 or more if they pitched the company in the Carolinas.

Bob Carter, who owns a wrestling promotion called TNA, said the video library could have been an asset to TNA, but the asking price wasn't worth the risk.

"We have lots of contracted performers who worked for WCW in the dying days, and some of our bookers also worked there and were responsible for its demise," he said shortly after the WCW sale was made. "But we're losing millions of dollars a month with TNA, and felt that a 61-cent investment in it (the video footage) was not going to change that. In the end, we passed on the offer. If it's for sale again at a lower price, we might reconsider."

Ted Turner noted to his ringside friends that he would've been interested had he known what it (WCW) was that the tag team was offering for sale. When told it was a company he had owned previously, Turner refused to believe it and just laughed. He then asked the man five seats away from him to get him a cup of coffee, not realizing it was his former Vice President, Eric Bischoff.

Jason Hervey, seated next to Bischoff, was said to have been extremely interested in buying WCW. He was reportedly jumping up and down with his hands in the air, waving fistfuls of $20 bills. When asked about this later, Cryme Tyme said they could not see Hervey because they were looking straight ahead at eye level, and thus not able to see a man of Hervey's height.

Benoit suffered from Brain Damage.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more/09/05/benoitupdate.ap/index.html

ATLANTA (AP) -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit suffered brain damage from his years in the ring that could help explain why he killed his wife, son and himself, a doctor who studied Benoit's brain said Wednesday.

The analysis by doctors affiliated with the Sports Legacy Institute suggests repeated concussions could have contributed to the killings at Benoit's suburban Atlanta home.

Steroid use also has lingered as a theory, since anabolic steroids were found in the home and tests conducted by authorities showed Benoit had roughly 10 times the normal level of testosterone in his system when he died.

The institute, which researches the long-term effects of concussions, coordinated the testing using samples of Benoit's brain tissue provided by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

The Waltham, Mass.-based institute's president is former pro wrestler Christopher Nowinski, who has said he had to quit the ring after a kick to the head. Nowinski still has ties with World Wrestling Entertainment Inc., which runs the league he and Benoit were in.

A lawyer for Stamford, Conn.-based WWE did not immediately return a call Wednesday seeking comment. The company has maintained steroid use did not cause Benoit to snap.

Despite the results of the institute's tests, there was no way to know if Benoit's concussions contributed to the murder-suicide, said Dr. Robert Cantu, a member of the institute who also is chief of neurosurgery service at Emerson Hospital in Concord, Mass.

"Whether it is the sole factor I believe is speculation and I will not go there," Cantu said by phone.

The level of brain damage Benoit had can cause depression and irrational behavior, Cantu said.

Benoit's brain showed the same degenerative processes that doctors working for the institute found in the brains of three men who had played pro football and committed suicide, Cantu said. There were abnormal protein deposits caused by trauma to Benoit's brain, Cantu said.

There's no evidence that steroid use causes such protein deposits, Cantu said, though he noted the issue has not been exhaustively studied.

Investigators allowed the institute to test Benoit's brain tissue with the permission of his father, Michael Benoit, who lives near Edmonton in Ardrossan, Alberta.

Michael Benoit said Wednesday that he agreed to the testing because murder-suicide was out of character for his son. He also disclosed that after the killings, he discovered a diary written by his son that showed his son was having problems.

"After reading the diary, I would have thought it was written by someone who was extremely disturbed at the time," Michael Benoit said.

He did not elaborate, but he did say a friend told him that prior to the murder-suicide, Chris Benoit had been wearing a rosary, which he said was also out of character.

"I think it's the extreme that is in the wrestling industry today," he told reporters. "The human skull is not built to get hit by a chair or something."

Nowinski said concussions can happen in pro wrestling even though many of the moves are staged.

"I got four concussions in three years as a professional wrestler," said Nowinski, who works for the WWE on its initiative to encourage young people to vote. "A lot of concussions happen from mistakes."

Prosecutors have said Benoit, 40, strangled his wife with a cord, used a choke hold to strangle his 7-year-old son, placed Bibles next to the bodies and hanged himself on a piece of exercise equipment the weekend of June 22.

Authorities have said Benoit's personal doctor, Phil Astin, prescribed a 10-month supply of anabolic steroids to Benoit every three to four weeks between May 2006 and May 2007. Astin has pleaded not guilty to federal charges of improperly prescribing painkillers and other drugs to two patients other than Benoit.

Flair officially quit. Talks are ensuing with TNA (per Lordsofpain.net)

he can't exactly quit, I'm sure a performer and business man of Flairs experience in the business has a contract to protect himself, in this case it's going to work against him. He'll have to wait for his release to be granted and if he does get one there most certainly will be a "no compete clause."

If Flair goes to TNA with a a gimmick machine like Jarrett you'll either see a reincarnation of the Horseman or a resurection of the Black Scorpion versus Sting fued.

Flair officially quit. Talks are ensuing with TNA (per Lordsofpain.net)

No they aren't. Did you just pull that out of your ass for fun? Here is the quote:

"If the two sides don’t come to terms, Flair could sign a deal with TNA for the two-hour launch. TNA is well aware of the situation and interested in signing Flair."

Does that sound like talks are "ensuing"? Or speculation on the author/reporters part?

And BTW: Who cares if T-Rex leaves? His time has been so far long and gone I can't remember the last time he put on a match worthy of ANY notice.