Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Good point. Never even thought of that until now.

There's no place to learn, there is no place to re-invent yourself, and there is no place to slide into retirement. You either need to stay in the WWE forever or hope that you somehow latch on in TNA.

Kevin Sullivan was on Cornette's podcast this week. He made the interesting point that as cool as NXT is, it's exposing guys greener than grass to a national audience. The audience is going to have a locked-in opinion on everyone before they ever appear on Raw.

(It was a great podcast, but I'm surprised Sullivan didn't break his arm from patting himself on the back over Goldberg).

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Well, I read somewhere that Brodus was going to Japan to wrestle and protect dolphins. I suspect a lot of them will end up in New Japan wrestling or something similar. 

I heard he signed with this Indy company PWS. Have no idea who they are. But I heard that Matt Hardy and The Hurricane are there too. 

Quick Google search says PWS is Pro Wrestling Syndicate. They have a surprisingly good roster lol

I heard he signed with this Indy company PWS. Have no idea who they are. But I heard that Matt Hardy and The Hurricane are there too. 

Quick Google search says PWS is Pro Wrestling Syndicate. They have a surprisingly good roster lol

Hmm..wiki has it labeled as OMEGA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMEGA_Championship_Wrestling

Wonder if they are the same. 

As for Brodus - I guess TMZ has a different story.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/12/wwe-brodus-clay-released-dolphins-japan-the-cove-protest-hunters/

Hmm..wiki has it labeled as OMEGA.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OMEGA_Championship_Wrestling

Wonder if they are the same. 

As for Brodus - I guess TMZ has a different story.

http://www.tmz.com/2014/06/12/wwe-brodus-clay-released-dolphins-japan-the-cove-protest-hunters/

Yeah, I just looked on their site. Their next show isn't until September 20th. lol Well not really that funny at all...

It is sad how so many of these people have no Plan B for if/when wrestling is over for them.

But I think the same for pro athletes. If I'm making millions a year. How am I not putting most of that away for when my career is over by 40?

For wrestlers who aren't superstars, that's even more the case. I'm saving like its no tomorrow. Trying to take online classes as much as possible.

Plan B and Plan C are needed.

It is sad how so many of these people have no Plan B for if/when wrestling is over for them.

I actually don't think this is the case for a lot of modern wrestlers. At least not the ones who made it to the WWE in the late 90s and early 2000s. Batista, Brock, Punk, Foley, Rock, Austin, Jericho......there's not a Ric Flair among them. There is certainly not a Ricky Morton or a Matt Bourne. I don't forsee Cena having to beg Vince for a job at age 60 just to meet his alimony and tax burdens. I imagine Daniel Bryan has most of the money he's made if he does have to start winding it down.

The territory system was not exactly fantastic for a wrestler's health, happiness, and financial well-being. It could keep you afloat until your mid-50s, at which point you still had to deal with your two divorces, bad health, and lack of retirement savings. Tommy Rich will probably be rolling around in a ring for gas money in about two hours from now.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Like I said, Brodus Clay should have been a monster heel. The stuff they did with Kane and the Authority should have been done with him.

Why do I think that? Dude can cut a promo.

They should have unleashed him.

Brodus Clay came up with the Hall of Pain gimmick and he pitched in to WWE. So what do they do? Give it to Mark Henry and make him the Funkasaurus. Edited by Big Weirdo

There's no place to learn, there is no place to re-invent yourself, and there is no place to slide into retirement. You either need to stay in the WWE forever or hope that you somehow latch on in TNA.

Kevin Sullivan was on Cornette's podcast this week. He made the interesting point that as cool as NXT is, it's exposing guys greener than grass to a national audience. The audience is going to have a locked-in opinion on everyone before they ever appear on Raw.

(It was a great podcast, but I'm surprised Sullivan didn't break his arm from patting himself on the back over Goldberg).

I can't get into NXT. I think the idea behind is pretty cool but it's not a great barometer for anything. Guys like Adam Rose get over there because the same 400 people (read: smarks, fanatics, whatever you wanna call them) show up and are a huge part of the show. They buy into almost everything. Even Mojo Rowley. The minute Rose stepped onto RAW he got zero reaction other than when they were in England.

It does seem to have better wrestling overall which is nice to watch. Sami Zayn has the personality of a turnbuckle but he can wrestle just as well as Daniel Bryan.

This is true. The old news pieces on that are up on YouTube

Really disgusting

We're talking about the company who used necrophilia to advance a storyline. The Patterson thing seems like child's play in comparison.

Edited by Big Weirdo

Mel Phillips

I realized after I wrote that it was a poor choice of words, haha. I think WWE edited Phillips out on its History of WWE DVD. They have the Andre/Hogan match from WM 3 and it's only shown from the hard cam so you can't see him. Didn't Patterson, Phillips, and someone else resign as a result of allegations?

Edited by Big Weirdo

Dang. That's messed up. Not saying Mark Henry wasn't money, but I could totally see him pulling out off.

They had a perfect opportunity to have Mark Henry and Brodus be an ultimate heal machine.  They could have started targeting weaker people, then fixated on one superstar.  Then have Big Show team up with the victim, since he would be about the only one that could stand toe to toe with them.  Then have had Big Show heel turn and knock his partner out and join Brodus and TWSM.  

Imagine the chaos with Show, Henry and Clay.........

Oh well, too bad that can't happen now.

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro

Brodus clay was no good. He was awkward and couldn't wrestle. The one time I watched him try to cut a promo, it was terrible.

They didn't drop the ball with him. You can't just say, hey we're going to make this guy fake win a bunch of matches and that will make people like him. Wrestlers need to distinguish themselves on their own merits and then you make them fake win a bunch of matches.

Brodus clay was no good. He was awkward and couldn't wrestle. The one time I watched him try to cut a promo, it was terrible.

They didn't drop the ball with him. You can't just say, hey we're going to make this guy fake win a bunch of matches and that will make people like him. Wrestlers need to distinguish themselves on their own merits and then you make them fake win a bunch of matches.

I think they used him incorrectly.  He doesn't have to be the best wrestler, from a tactical standpoint.  He would have best been utilized as a heal, in a 2-3 man team.  Keep him out of solo matches, have them come in and beat down people.  Only wrestle in team matches and make him more available outside the ring as muscle for matches his other peeps supposed to be solo in.

He doesn't even need to talk or cut promos.  Give him a catch phrase or two, let him bust out with that while Mark Henry/Big Show did all the talking.  

Edited by Dont Taze Me Bro