Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

If Rock VS Cena VS Punk isn't the Main Event at WM they are stupid.

And it looks like they are about to set up a Ryback/Randy Orton feud. So that will probably be a match at Wrestlemaina.

I wonder if they're really going to have the Undertaker wrestler Brock Lesnar.

A lot can happened though, they still have on more PPV (Elimination Chamber) and then one whole month before Wrestlemainia. The WWE has my interest right no. I bet they find a way to mess it up.

Didn't see it. Maybe will today. But seems like there weren't many real shockers from this.

Cena wins.....check

Rock wins.....check

Tag teams are still extremely weak. Put Rhodes and Ted DiBiase (is he hurt? I have no idea). They make a much better tag team than the ones he's in now.

I know I've ragged on Sandow here, and one or two folks strongly defend him. But notice that he's losing a handful of matches for every one non-quality win? Why's he so great again?

It'll be interesting to see what they do with the Rock now. Who knows, Rock v Taker at WM? Have Taker win and then retire either taking the title with him. Or leaving it open for a long storyline building up to Sumer Slam for a new champ.

Of course, the same old broken record....

Tag division - needs help

U.S. title - needs help

Intercont title- needs less help. But does need more of a spotlight

Womens title - needs help

Bring back some sort of cruiser weight title so the little guys can have a bigger stage

I'm going to go ahead and make the assumption that there's going to be a new WWE Title belt and they'll get rid of that horrendous looking thing now that Rocky is the champ.

US Title is fine on Cesaro.

Intercontinental could be fine on Barrett.

I don't get the argument that because a wrestler loses they're "no good". As we all know, wrestling is scripted.

I'd aslo assume Shield/Punk story comes to a head soon... And we all know Brock Lesnar is going to make an appearance sooner or later.

Well, I officially love John Cena. Not for his character or his act (though I find his intro song catchy) but because this is the second time I've won money on him at the Royal Rumble. $200.

I know I've explained it before, but for those who don't know, we basically get a group of guys together, everyone throws 20 bucks in, and we put the numbers 1-30 in a hat. Rather than picking wrestlers, we draw numbers, and you get whoever comes out on your numbers, total luck of the draw. Last night we had ten guys go in on it, so everyone only got three picks. I wound up drawing numbers 18, 19, and 30, so I had Cena, Damian Sandow, and Ryback.

We had a lot of fun with my friend Mark, who wound up with Heath Slater, The Godfather, and Tensai. Thanks for your contribution to the pot.

But yeah, I also had the number Cena came out on a few years back when he won, so I can't hate the guy.

Screw Cena. Screw having Cena/Rock II at Wrestlemania. Cena's gonna win the title and hold it for like a year. ugghh....lame.

I'm glad Rock won the strap, but I much rather would have seen Ziggler win the RUmble and at LEAST build the idea that they could unify the world titles at some point....even if they don't actually do it.

Screw Cena. Screw having Cena/Rock II at Wrestlemania. Cena's gonna win the title and hold it for like a year. ugghh....lame.

I'm glad Rock won the strap, but I much rather would have seen Ziggler win the RUmble and at LEAST build the idea that they could unify the world titles at some point....even if they don't actually do it.

Normally, I'd be with you, but the fact that Cena hasn't held the belt for well over a year now makes me think this might not be so bad. Plus, he probs won't hold it for a year.

That said, I would have liked to see Ziggler win it.

I don't get the argument that because a wrestler loses they're "no good". As we all know, wrestling is scripted.

If the guy loses its no big thing. If a guy loses solo or part of a team over and over and over. That isn't really doing his character any favors. If they want to do anything with him. Make him an evil genius instead of a goofy wannabe scholar.

I don't feel like Cesaro is connecting well with the crowd. Barrett is fine I guess. Just feels the belt gets no love.

I agree they will debut a new title belt soon.

Shield/Punk....what the hell is that about?

If the guy loses its no big thing. If a guy loses solo or part of a team over and over and over. That isn't really doing his character any favors. If they want to do anything with him. Make him an evil genius instead of a goofy wannabe scholar.

I don't feel like Cesaro is connecting well with the crowd. Barrett is fine I guess. Just feels the belt gets no love.

I agree they will debut a new title belt soon.

Shield/Punk....what the hell is that about?

I was thinking about this. With the Rock holding the strap, does that mean he will be on Raw and the other PPVs until Wrestlemania? Also, for a brief second after Vince stopped the match, then let it start over and the Rock won, I thought, Ziggler was going to cash in his money in the bank and pin the Rock. Which would have been a huge push for Ziggler.

I also started thinking, what if the Shield is actually being masterminded by none other than the Rock himself. Can you imagine the crowd reaction if that were to happen? They probably won't run with that story at all but if anyone could pull a screw job like that and keep the crowd on their side, its the Rock.

I was thinking about this. With the Rock holding the strap, does that mean he will be on Raw and the other PPVs until Wrestlemania? Also, for a brief second after Vince stopped the match, then let it start over and the Rock won, I thought, Ziggler was going to cash in his money in the bank and pin the Rock. Which would have been a huge push for Ziggler.

I think the grand plan here was to give the Rock one last run. I think he'll be in his part time role in the future, but I think they wanted to give him this run as kind of a "thank you for coming back and helping us". I also think it's good press for the WWE and for The Rock. It will only help his movies. And The WWE is aided as well... They have The ROCK as the champion. It's a major rub.

I also think, and hope, that giving Rock the strap was so that they could make changes to the belt itself. Give Rock a decent run with it and the new, redesigned belt starts off on the right foot.

I also started thinking, what if the Shield is actually being masterminded by none other than the Rock himself. Can you imagine the crowd reaction if that were to happen? They probably won't run with that story at all but if anyone could pull a screw job like that and keep the crowd on their side, its the Rock.

Eh. It would be stupid for Rock to turn heel right now with all the movie projects. It won't happen.

I'd guess that the SHIELD is orchestrated by Paul Heyman OR Brock Lesnar. Heyman could run it without Punk knowing. Or, Lesnar has been "jealous" of Punk, and wanted to taint some of his victories and potentially cost him the title.

I think the way they're using the SHIELD is smart. It opens the possibility of a Punk face turn (even though I wouldn't do that quite yet, he's too good as a heel) or allows him to still be part of the heel crowd.

Edited by KDawg

The rumble was okay except Cena winning

The Rock-Punk match would have been so much better without the Shield...all those Shield guys are super talented (especially Tyler Black/Seth Rollins). They need to just let them wrestle. The guerilla attack schtick is getting old

I think that schtick is necessary, though. Simply because I think it's going to payoff into another huge storyline. And keep in mind, whoever is orchestrating the SHIELD thing is going to have a lot of angry people on them after they get through the SHIELD.

Ryback, Rock, etc.

With Rock part time, especially after this WM, he could always come back and feud with the leader of the SHIELD. They have to think of ways to keep Rock involved, even part time.

They signed a two year extension with Lesnar, which is a good idea. So he's signed through WM 31.

They need to get Austin involved again.

What that does, and what Rock's reign does, is draw viewers. The WWE is actually doing a GREAT job right now. They're reeling people in with Rock and Cena now and they're building their young/new guys (Bo Dallas in the Rumble, Shield, Big E, Sandow, Cesaro, Ryback, etc.)

Say what you want, but the SHIELD and Ryback are VERY over.

Furthermore, I'm one of the biggest Rock fans out there... Having said that, he HAS to lose the belt to Cena at Mania. Full circle. It's a big rub for Cena. The following night on RAW needs to be one of those, "Congratulations" type nights from The Rock to Cena as well. Close the storyline. Let them both be "friends". That will garner Cena a LOT of positive cheers from fans.

And by the way... When Cena came out last night? The crowd was wild. Positive or negative reaction, he always gets one.

Punk dropping the title to Rock is a rub for him, too. Down the line he can always say, "It took a WWE Icon with Vince McMahon's help to take me down, and that was AFTER I BEAT the "Great One!"

Get their interest and keep their interest, now.

Edited by KDawg

I think that schtick is necessary, though. Simply because I think it's going to payoff into another huge storyline. And keep in mind, whoever is orchestrating the SHIELD thing is going to have a lot of angry people on them after they get through the SHIELD.

Ryback, Rock, etc.

With Rock part time, especially after this WM, he could always come back and feud with the leader of the SHIELD. They have to think of ways to keep Rock involved, even part time.

They signed a two year extension with Lesnar, which is a good idea. So he's signed through WM 31.

They need to get Austin involved again.

What that does, and what Rock's reign does, is draw viewers. The WWE is actually doing a GREAT job right now. They're reeling people in with Rock and Cena now and they're building their young/new guys (Bo Dallas in the Rumble, Shield, Big E, Sandow, Cesaro, Ryback, etc.)

Say what you want, but the SHIELD and Ryback are VERY over.

Furthermore, I'm one of the biggest Rock fans out there... Having said that, he HAS to lose the belt to Cena at Mania. Full circle. It's a big rub for Cena. The following night on RAW needs to be one of those, "Congratulations" type nights from The Rock to Cena as well. Close the storyline. Let them both be "friends". That will garner Cena a LOT of positive cheers from fans.

And by the way... When Cena came out last night? The crowd was wild. Positive or negative reaction, he always gets one.

Punk dropping the title to Rock is a rub for him, too. Down the line he can always say, "It took a WWE Icon to come in, get lucky because the SHIELD got involved without my knowledge after I pinned him, to take me down and end my reign! No one could stop me, even the Rock without McMahon's help. BEST IN THE WORLD!"

Get their interest and keep their interest.

I agree with everything you said man.

I'm just a big fan of the actual wrestlers in the Shield and want to see them actually wrestle.

Of course, Cena has to win at WM. I've made peace with that lol

I think WWE has a very bright future with HHH giving all of these ROH guys a shot like Chris Hero, Claudio Castagnoli, Bryan Danielson, etc

Well, I officially love John Cena. Not for his character or his act (though I find his intro song catchy) but because this is the second time I've won money on him at the Royal Rumble. $200.

I know I've explained it before, but for those who don't know, we basically get a group of guys together, everyone throws 20 bucks in, and we put the numbers 1-30 in a hat. Rather than picking wrestlers, we draw numbers, and you get whoever comes out on your numbers, total luck of the draw. Last night we had ten guys go in on it, so everyone only got three picks. I wound up drawing numbers 18, 19, and 30, so I had Cena, Damian Sandow, and Ryback.

We had a lot of fun with my friend Mark, who wound up with Heath Slater, The Godfather, and Tensai. Thanks for your contribution to the pot.

But yeah, I also had the number Cena came out on a few years back when he won, so I can't hate the guy.

Missed him by one spot last night in my pool. Super pissed when that happened. I had 18 and 21. He had to be 19?

I have no issue with last nights show. It went exactly like I figured it would. Did I want Punk to win? Sure. But I knew he wasn't going to.

Didn't want Cena to win either, but I knew he was going to. Only 5 guys had a remote chance. Cena, Orton, Ziggler, Ryback, and Sheamus. Not a shock that those were the final five left. But to think WM would be headlined by anything other than Cena/Rocky 2 you're fooling yourself. Last years WM was the best buyrate they've ever had. Of course they would try to cash that again. And Rock is not going on anywhere other than the last match. We all like Ziggler, but he's not ready for that. Same can be said for the rest of them.

I haven't watched wrestling in years but if they want my viewing..bring back the rock-n-sock connection..Austin and that's the bottom line, cause I said so.

The only time of the year I'm remotely interested in the WWE is the time between the RR and WM.

Dumb question: When did they start doing the custom belt thing? I remember them flirting with it years ago with Austin's Smoking Skull belt, but nothing else after that.

I think the current POS spinner was the start with Cena back in 2005 or so, he first did it with the U.S. title.

Since the WWE (sadly) owns the copyrights to Jim Crockett Promotions (80'sNWA/WCW), I would like to see some of those wrestlers get into the WWE hall of fame. Magnum TA, The Rock and Roll Express and The Midnight Express would all be great inductees.