Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

Its a solid business decision. Taking MSG out of the equation.

Let's say you're the Hartford Civic Center. The WWF comes to town twice a year for a house show, and periodically a TV taping. If you're really lucky, they'll bring you a PPV.

The WWE is an established brand, and can guarantee you the following gates:

House show- 10,000 tickets sold

TV taping- 15,000 tickets sold

PPV- sold out

A good gate for the Arena. All of a sudden the arena is going to run a TNA show that if they're lucky will sell 2000 tickets? THey wont take that chance if they know that the WWE won't be coming back if they do.

It's not illegal, it's just good business.

Hell, people touring in FL can attend a TNA taping for free lol. At least they used to be able to.

Yeah, so Punk decided to call the Pope a Nazi. This should end well lol.

CM Punk ‏@CMPunk

“@KeithHalladay: @CMPunk @jonodiener Ouch. That's an envelope-pushing tweet for a company employee...” Oh piss off. Pope was a nazi.

https://twitter.com/CMPunk

I'm surprised that tweet is still there.

I think Punk is trying to use his Twitter to be a heel and it seems like the only way he can sustain heel heat is by doing 1970s Memphis-style stuff (simply because people want to like him).

Still, this was probably not the smartest thing for an employee of a publicly-traded company to say.

Also, imagine that I had told you in 1998 that the best and most over character in 2013 WWF/WWE would be Mark Henry.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Also' date=' imagine that I had told you in 1998 that the best and most over character in 2013 WWF/WWE would be Mark Henry.[/quote']

When he got injured, I thought he was done, but the dude looks great. When he hit Little **** with that World Strongest Slam, I had no choice but to laugh.

LKB, you gotta feel me in on this Zeb Coulter dude. I don't know anything about him. He was a beast on the mic though. I think that is great for Swagger. It will definitely add some heat on his character and give him a much needed element.

LKB, you gotta feel me in on this Zeb Coulter dude. I don't know anything about him. He was a beast on the mic though. I think that is great for Swagger. It will definitely add some heat on his character and give him a much needed element.

He's Dirty Dutch Mantell. I have no earthly idea how Dutch Mantell ended up in the WWE, but God bless 'em for it.

Dutch was basically a hairier, chubbier Bob Armstrong in his active in-ring days.

Even better than Dutch on the mic is the idea of Dutch doing the booking. The guy is generally known to be some kind of wrestling savant. Most of his career was spent doing Southern things in Southern promotions. But he also booked maybe the hottest year ever in Puerto Rico. He booked in TNA for a while too, but that was when Russo was in total control.

I have to wonder if we aren't beginning to see signs of what the HHH-led WWE is going to look like. Bruno in the Hall. Tag teams. Managers. There is the basis for some good stuff here though no one still has any idea how to book any of this stuff.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

He's Dirty Dutch Mantell. I have no earthly idea how Dutch Mantell ended up in the WWE' date=' but God bless 'em for it.

Even better than Dutch on the mic is the idea of Dutch doing the booking. The guy is generally known to be some kind of wrestling savant. Most of his career was spent doing Southern things in Southern promotions. But he also booked maybe the hottest year ever in Puerto Rico. He booked in TNA for a while too, but that was when Russo was in total control.

I have to wonder if we aren't beginning to see signs of what the HHH-led WWE is going to look like. Bruno in the Hall. Tag teams. Managers. There is the basis for some good stuff here though no one still has any idea how to book any of this stuff.[/quote']

Yeah, I think I am passed intrigued now when it comes to WWE, I think I am down right invested. I hope they can continue this stuff post Wrestlemania. HHH is doing the right things, and thank God Vince is listening.

Edited by MLSKINS

Yeah, I think I am passed intrigued now when it comes to WWE, I think I am down right invested. I hope they can continue this stuff post Wrestlemania. HHH is doing the right things, and thank God Vince is listening.

I still don't understand how anyone watches 3-hour Raws. There is some good stuff in there, but who has the time to sit through all the other nonsense?

Despite the fact that he is pretty much the inventor of the 20 minute opening interview that goes nowhere, HHH does seem to understand the less is more idea in wrestling. The way to book a monster heel is to have him look big and scary and crush people. If you are having trouble getting the fans to react to someone, put them in a tag team or give them a manager. The reason for two guys to have a match is because they don't like each other or one of the has a title.

I do wish that the cut down the comedy by about 80 percent. Comedy has its place in wrestling, but it shouldn't be the entire show. I tend to think that a lot of this is because Cena always goes for the cheap joke and now The Rock is back and he always went for the cheap joke.

I do wish everyone would watch Paul E. and learn how to be funny while still selling the story as serious. This is what has been lost in the last decade. Cena wants to be funny, even if it utterly destroys the storyline he is in or undermines his opponent. Paul E. never does that.

Yeah the 3 hour RAW is something they should've known wasn't going to go anywhere. If you already have people not watching shows when it's two hours, what is going to make them want to sit through 3 hours of it?

I can't sit through a 3 hour show anymore.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

I can tell you this right now, if I didn't have the DVR, I don't think I can watch Raw from beginning to end. If I am not feeling a certain match or promo, I will skip it in a heart beat. I probably say I watch about 60% of the actual show.

I DVR it and watch the segments that seem interesting on the recaps. I probably watch more wrestling on Youtube in a given week than I do on tv. (I've been on AT&T forever so I have one of those grandfathered unlimited data plans. So, yes, I do listen to old Dusty Rhodes and Jim Cornette promos while stuck in traffic. You owe to yourself to find the series of promos where Cornette and Big Dust go after each other's mamas).

Elimination Chamber PPV was pretty solid last night. Looks like they were giving Jack Swagger a huge push. Del Rio made Big Show tap. The Peoples Champ retained his WWE title. Nobody cares about the Dolph Ziggler or womans championship match. The tag team match between Ryback/Cena/Shemus vs. The Shield was pretty good, and a good push for the Shield, they had to win it, lets face it.

But they must be doing something right down there. There must be a reason why so many big events are held down there. WM was the only big event missing until 2014. The NBA All-Star game is coming back to N.O for the second time in 6 years (which is ridiculous if you ask me).

The ticket buyers for the big events (the rich people) like Bourbon Street and hookers. So, New Orleans is good there. There was also a commitment from the leagues to do something to help New Orleans rebuild after Katrina.

Eventually, the fact that the Superdome is not really up to the standard of other facilities is going to have an impact. A new facility is going to be needed and God only knows how that gets paid for.

Eventually' date=' the fact that the Superdome is not really up to the standard of other facilities is going to have an impact. A new facility is going to be needed and God only knows how that gets paid for.[/quote']

But having all these big events there, isn't that kind of making up for the Super Dome's short comings?