Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

I think they would have a HUGE backlash if they scheduled Rock/Cena for a third time in a row.

I think its a foregone conclusion. Cena wins this year. Next year will be the third installment of the once in a lifetime match

---------- Post added March-6th-2013 at 08:00 PM ----------

Dolph - Rhonda Rousey

How much you want to bet Dolph taps to Rousey (still not as embarrassing as tapping to the Miz)

Edited by jobaga

I think they would have a HUGE backlash if they scheduled Rock/Cena for a third time in a row.

People would still buy WrestleMania.

---------- Post added March-7th-2013 at 10:38 AM ----------

If they do Rock/Cena again, can one of them be a clear cut heel? At least change it up....

Making Rock heel wouldn't work, due to his movie career. If he gives up movies or slows down conpletely, Rocky could come back as a heel. But in the end, the Rock is tough to boo. He'll end his wrestling career as a face.

Cena would be the likely candidate. And even though I don't THINK it's going to happen... I could see this scenario playing out at Mania...

Lead in:

-Old School RAW: Cena/Rock have that promo war. Rock shows some signs of being a heel. Cena talks about overcoming and needing this and not letting anything stand in his way.

-More back and forth. Some goofy, some serious. Rock continues to show signs of heelishness (but not being a heel) and Cena talks about how much he needs this and that he'd do anything for it.

WrestleMania:

-Match happens. Rock and Cena battle. Good match, even battle. Rock gets the upper hand. ROCK BOTTOM! He goes for the People's Elbow... Lights go out. We hear shuffling in the ring, bouncing. Hard slam. Lights come back on and Cena has the STFU on an unconcious Rock. And standing outside of the ring, watching... The Shield. The ref raises Rock's hand three times. John Cena wins!

But wait, the Shield grabs the belt and brings it into the ring. Cena gets into a fighting position. Looking like he's ready to attack the pack of wolves. The Shield surrounds him and start to slowly close in. Cena looks around frantically, waiting for the first one to attack... And Dean Ambrose holds the title out to Cena and hands it to him. Cena looks perplexed but that look quickly turns to a giant smile as he hugs the Shield members. Rock is on the ramp, holding his head and looking pissed off. End WrestleMania.

next night on RAW:

-Rock comes out and says that it's typical Cena, and he wants to get his hands on all four of them. They set up some kind of match at the Extreme Rules Pay-Per-View.

Extreme Rules: Rock is "injured". He gets cleared by doctor's outside of the WWE, but WWE doctors will not clear him under any circumstances. (Which explains why he can continue to make movies but not compete in a WWE ring. Vicky Guerrero states that since the WWE doctors don't want him to participate, that it is her duty to bar the Rock from WWE arenas until he's cleared. Otherwise he could only hurt himself.

Build-up for WrestleMania 30: Cena is on a tear. Destroying everyone along with the Shield. Can't lose. Super Cena. Unstoppable.

Royal Rumble: We get to #30, we've seen a slew of returning superstars. 3...2...1... IF YA SMELLLLLLLLLL... WHAT THE ROCK... IS COOKIN!" Rock comes flying down the ramp and goes to battle, eventually winning the Rumble and claiming the right to be the number one contender. However, he isn't waiting until RAW to make the announcement. He unexpectedly selects... The World Heavyweight Championship!

RAW:

Rock comes out and says he wants the title shot at the World Heavyweight Title, and he wants it TONIGHT! He gets his wish and The Rock wins the World Heavyweight Title!

Next week on RAW:

Cena and Shield come out and talk about how it's obvious why Rock didn't pick Cena... Because he can't beat him. They talk some trash when Rock's music hits...

"No,no,no,no,nooooooo! The Rock didn't choose John Cena for his title shot because the Rock has a better idea! The Rock has an idea that will electrifiy the millions... AND MILLIONS! of Rock's fans, of WWE fans, and all fans of any form of sports entertainment all over the world! The Rock couldn't just pick Cena for his title shot. That's been done. Way too often! The Rock needed to do something different. Do something to get the fans excited to see a third in a lifetime match! So The Rock went and did something that he KNEW would give him an opportunity to electrify. The Rock went and got the World Heavyweight Championship. A title that's been held by Ric Flair, "WOOO!", Macho Man! "OHHH YEAH!", The STINGER!"

Cena laughs and asks why that's relevent. Rock raises his eyebrow...

"because now that The Rock has the World Heavyweight Championship... The Rock challenges you, John Cena... To a Champion vs. Champion match at WrestleMania 30. Winner takes all. The battle for an undisputed champion!"

People would still buy WrestleMania.

---------- Post added March-7th-2013 at 10:38 AM ----------

Making Rock heel wouldn't work, due to his movie career. If he gives up movies or slows down conpletely, Rocky could come back as a heel. But in the end, the Rock is tough to boo. He'll end his wrestling career as a face.

Cena would be the likely candidate. And even though I don't THINK it's going to happen... I could see this scenario playing out at Mania...

(bunch of awesome stuff...)

That would be nice to see, and very refreshing. What about adding the Punk in that group and have him and Cena hold the WWE and World Heavyweight titles. The Rock could challenge him for the World Title and that would set up the Champion vs Champion.

Meanwhile, in your scenario, a couple of faces could emerge. Ziggler, Sandow, Shaemus, Ryback, and Bryan could be the ones trying to bring them down.

That would be nice to see, and very refreshing. What about adding the Punk in that group and have him and Cena hold the WWE and World Heavyweight titles. The Rock could challenge him for the World Title and that would set up the Champion vs Champion.

Meanwhile, in your scenario, a couple of faces could emerge. Ziggler, Sandow, Shaemus, Ryback, and Bryan could be the ones trying to bring them down.

It would open the door for a ton of possibilities.

Having said that, I don't think the WWE has any plans on turning Cena. But they have surprised us before.

It would open the door for a ton of possibilities.

Having said that, I don't think the WWE has any plans on turning Cena. But they have surprised us before.

I don't get it though KD, everybody, and I mean everybody, has turned from face to heel since Cena's last turn from heel to face. (Even Michael Cole). For the life of me, I just don't understand why they can't just do it one more time for John Cena. He put himself on the map as a heel.

I don't get it though KD, everybody, and I mean everybody, has turned from face to heel since Cena's last turn from heel to face. (Even Michael Cole). For the life of me, I just don't understand why they can't just do it one more time for John Cena. He put himself on the map as a heel.

I think, especially with Trips in charge, that it's bound to happen at some point. I think that would be the perfect scenario. But we'll see!

Cena going heel would be cool but unlikely. I'm still surprised they turned Del Rio face. They have the guys to be good heels, just not the writers who know what to do.

Punk

Dolph

Tag heels should be Rhodes and DiBiase together again.

The Shield

And other lesser ones.

Cena going heel would be cool but unlikely. I'm still surprised they turned Del Rio face. They have the guys to be good heels, just not the writers who know what to do.

Punk

Dolph

Tag heels should be Rhodes and DiBiase together again.

The Shield

And other lesser ones.

I think with all the TV they have now, they need to bring back "the jobber". Guys who wrestle matches essentially to lose. Guys who don't have a chance to win and generally won't.

They're not even billed as regulars...

That would prevent guys like Ziggler from going on these ungodly losing streaks.

Edited by KDawg

I think with all the TV they have now, they need to bring back "the jobber". Guys who wrestle matches essentially to lose. Guys who don't have a chance to win and generally won't.

That would prevent guys like Ziggler from going on these ungoldy losing streaks.

Have you seen Rhodes and Sandow lately? They've been filling that role.

The problem with turning Cena heel is that a) they would put a lot of merchandising money at risk and B) they really only seem to know how to book cowardly heels and I'm not sure Cena could do that. I'm also not sure cowardly heels really work at the top of the card. The only one who I can think of off-hand is Hogan in his NWO days. But he was surrounded by cool heels that made the whole thing work.

The problem with turning Cena heel is that a) they would put a lot of merchandising money at risk and B) they really only seem to know how to book cowardly heels and I'm not sure Cena could do that. I'm also not sure cowardly heels really work at the top of the card. The only one who I can think of off-hand is Hogan in his NWO days. But he was surrounded by cool heels that made the whole thing work.

I don't think it's fair to say they don't know how to book a heel a certain way. They certainly know more than a bunch of internet forum goers. I'm sure they could handle it.

And booking Cena as a heel is easy. Have him take shots at the crowd and faces while keeping his same character (essentially). And I bet merchandise would sell anyways, except not to kids.

But, I understand that its unlikely to happen because of those reasons. I just don't think those are great reasons. But its tough to argue with a money machine.

The last time they made changes in the creative team they hired some dude from TMZ to make a lot of decisions.... you see how far that got us.

What they NEED to do is get the book away from Stephanie, but we know that won't happen.

I don't know. We've seen a lot of positive changes with Trips in charge.

I now watch a whole 1 hour and 5 minutes of RAW versus 25 minutes the last few years :ols:

I don't know. We've seen a lot of positive changes with Trips in charge.

I now watch a whole 1 hour and 5 minutes of RAW versus 25 minutes the last few years :ols:

I have faith that HHH likes a lot of the same things in wrestling that I do. And - like times in the past where guys like Jim Ross or Jim Cornette or Bruce Pritchard had some pull - I will see more of the things I like because of that. But Stephanie controls creative and HHH is not about to demote his wife. And until Vince dies, Vince will always have final say. And Vince is going to live to be 128.

Here's the thing: Dutch Mantell showing up on tv in 2013 is almost certainly because HHH has some power now. But Dutch Mantell is never going to be on the creative team, because Stephanie would simply not have it. She has Vince's ideas of wrestling combined with a even stronger believe in corporate silos.

I should point out that I have some differences with HHH as well.

1. HHH is in love with the idea of "looking like a wrestler." And he has a narrow view of what that means. So count on superbly conditioned guys in black trunks and black boots for a lot of years.

2. HHH thinks there should be a lot of humor in wrestling, but seems to have taste as Vince (minus, perhaps, Vince's fascination with hillbillies). I've always liked funny wrestlers, but the humor should be in the promos, not in never-ending skits. Sometimes - like with Kane and Daniel - you catch lighting in a bottle with a skit. But most of the time, you are acting people who can't act to put on SNL skits written by people who can't write. If Bobby Heenan came around today, I don't think there would be a place for his brand of humor because he didn't use poop jokes.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

If Bobby Heenan came around today' date=' I don't think there would be a place for his brand of humor because he didn't use poop jokes.[/quote']

If Bobby Heenan came around today, I'm not sure some of the things he and Jesse Ventura used to say (particularly about Mexican wrestlers) would make it on the air.

Very nice breakdown LKB.

Another thing that they need to change is the stage, right now when I watch RAW I feel like Lady Gaga or Rhianna are about to walkout. They need to know that less is more and it hit me when they did the "old school" thing on Monday.

Also get rid of that stupid Days of Our Lives voice over that starts the show and bring the opening pyro back. Drop the tout/twitter crap along with the in-show movie promotions.

The last thing I would do is bring back CHARACTERS!!! I don't give two damns about super Marine do goody John Cena or Mr. I sliver around the ring like an idiot Randy Orton.

That would prevent guys like Ziggler from going on these ungodly losing streaks.

I don't know if the WWE need to being back jobbers considering they're already so established, but I've been saying for years, TNA should bring back jobbers.

If Bobby Heenan came around today, I'm not sure some of the things he and Jesse Ventura used to say (particularly about Mexican wrestlers) would make it on the air.

Brain: "You know why there were only 220 Mexicans at the Alamo?

Gorilla: "...why?"

Brain: "They only had one car."

God, these are great....

Bobby: Virgil just came in, he's number 23, right?

Gorilla: That's right!

Bobby: Just think, who knows how many bags he's gone through in the back!

Gorilla: Will you be serious?

Bobby: Gorilla, what's with you naming all the body parts?

Gorilla: I happen to have a knowledge about it. Why don't you try it?

(Heenan does. Skinner kicks a jobber in the stomach.)

Bobby: There's a kick to the uterus.

Brain: How much does he pay you to sing the praises of him all the time?

Gorilla: Who, the Hitman?

Brain: Yes.

Gorilla: Do you know how long he's been in the World Wrestling Federation?

Brain: Too long.

Gorilla: He'll be here when you're gone, Brain.

Brain: What'd you hear?

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother