Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

yeah I just noticed that as well

Would give each champ a "custom" title while maintaining the overall integrity of the title. It's slick, fashionable. I know nothing about fashion, but that belt looks like something you'd see in a GQ magazine.

No lie, Kofi has the weirdest looking pectorals I have ever seen. They are so far apart and only built on the outsides nothing in the middle of his chest. I don't like looking at them.

I don't pay attention to the dudes chest, but it's a shame that he is getting buried right now.

Man, this Swagger/Zeb Colter pairing has been great so far. It just goes to show you that how having a good mouthpiece could do wonders for your career. Let's face it, Swagger wasn't great on the mic, but he did get some heat though. And when you pair him with someone who can garner more heat, it makes things better. I just hope they don't go too far over the line with this Del Rio and the Mexicans.

The belt was okay. I saw designs floating around, it was nice to see the finish product. I do thing that they will change the logos on the belt for whoever is champ.

RAW_1030_Photo_180.jpg

RAW_1030_Photo_182.jpg

Edited by MLSKINS

So... anything good happen last night?

---------- Post added February-19th-2013 at 11:23 AM ----------

me too.

I remember being 6-7 years old and being 110% sure that HHH would kill himself if he wasn't Champ

Yeah I mentioned that a few pages back. With all due respect to every cat that's worn that belt since I first started watching wrestling, I don't think anyone made it take on the importance that it deserved more than he did. The Rock and Stone Cold didn't need the belt to get **** done, and you could say that Triple H didn't need it either, to a degree, but when he was the champion, it was completely different. Maybe it was the super heel effect.

Edited by Mr. Sinister

So... anything good happen last night?

---------- Post added February-19th-2013 at 11:23 AM ----------

Yeah I mentioned that a few pages back. With all due respect to every cat that's worn that belt since I first started watching wrestling, I don't think anyone made it take on the importance that it deserved more than he did. The Rock and Stone Cold didn't need the belt to get **** done, and you could say that Triple H didn't need it either, to a degree, but when he was the champion, it was completely different. Maybe it was the super heel effect.

It's obvious that you guys never watched anything other than the WWE. No other wrestling title has ever carried on the prestige of the NWA World Heavyweight Title. That title was actually defended around the world.

It's obvious that you guys never watched anything other than the WWE. No other wrestling title has ever carried on the prestige of the NWA World Heavyweight Title. That title was actually defended around the world.
Yeah I mentioned that a few pages back. With all due respect to every cat that's worn that belt since I first started watching wrestling....

Which would be around '93, which would also mean that the NWA that you knew and loved ceased to exist...

I've gone ad nauseum in this thread about the level of respect I have for NWA, but I was not alive when it was at it's highest point. Going back and looking at old documentaries and matches from 30 years ago isn't the same as actually living it, and since I've been watching wrestling, I stand by what I said. But, I'll happily get off your lawn... :cheers:

And no, WWE was not the only brand of wrestling I watched as a kid.

Exactly. By the early nineties, the NWA title was a joke. There was WWF and WCW. The NWA title was the one thrown on the ground by Shane Douglas when the ECW title was born.

You pretty much have to go back prior to the Wrestlemania era for when the NWA belt was THE belt.

The NWA Title, in all since and purposes died in the early 90's, but don't give me this "before Wrestlemania" crap.

The NWA belt simply could not survive the cable era.

The NWA champ was designed to be a guy who could go from territory to territory and wrestle the top guy in that territory. So, once a year, Harley Race would show up to the Flea Bottom Auditorium and wrestle Eastern States Brass Knuckles Champion Johnny Handsomeface to a one-hour draw. He carried this mysterious and coveted belt that was sanctioned by some far off-organization. And the local tv guys would convince you that Johnny Handsomeface was really going to pull it off and bring glory to Flea Bottom.

And then he would almost do it. That ref had his hand coming down to count three right when the time limit expired!

That aura started to slip once the fans in Flea Bottom were able to watch wrestling in Georgia and North Carolina and Texas and realized that the heavyweight champ almost lost to all these local stars...but strangely never did.

Flair was incredible at doing these kinds of matches, but he never won. So, in the NWA, the champ rarely won his matches...yet the title never changed hands. Throw in the overuse of Dusty Finishes and the local fans starting saying, "Screw this....let's watch the big blonde guy who wins all his matches cleanly in under 15 minutes."

My favorite part in all this was when the Apter mags demoted the WWF title from "World Title" status in the mid 80s, because Hogan didn't wrestle in Japan enough or something like that. The main reason was because Vince no longer let them interview stars or take pictures of the matches. But there was this complicated explanation of how the NWA and AWA were true world titles and the WWF was just this little regional thing. I'm pretty sure that Wrestlemania III happened during this pissing match.

Edited by Lombardi's_kid_brother

Exactly. By the early nineties, the NWA title was a joke. There was WWF and WCW. The NWA title was the one thrown on the ground by Shane Douglas when the ECW title was born.

And to prevent the WWE title from suffering the same fate, Vince screwed Bret.

Having said that' date=' I liked the old-school NWA belt, which I believe had a New Zealand flag on it.[/quote']

I believe it has a few countries on it. I still like the Big Gold Belt the best, but the classic domed NWA belt is the classic.

---------- Post added February-19th-2013 at 01:14 PM ----------

I believe it has a few countries on it. I still like the Big Gold Belt the best, but the classic domed NWA belt is the classic.

To your other point, did the WWE ever call their title a world's title? I always thought they would always say, the WWE Title where the NWA always called their title the World Title.

To your other point, did the WWE ever call their title a world's title? I always thought they would always say, the WWE Title where the NWA always called their title the World Title.

They were always the World Wrestling Federation Champion. OR WWF champion, They never call them the World Wrestling Entertainment champion. Mainly because it sounds stupid....

The NWA Title, in all since and purposes died in the early 90's, but don't give me this "before Wrestlemania" crap.

You can love the NWA all you want, but the "Wrestling boom of the 1980's", the Rock n Wrestling Era, came to pass after Wrestlemania. It's just a factual statement. If I was a little older, and had I grown up watching the NWA instead of the WWF perhapd I would feel different. So I understand that, but the WWF was THE show after Wrestlemania in 1985.

If you want to argue the dates exactly, I can agree with that, but there's a reason why the NWA ended up running with WCW in 1988. It was the only chance to keep up with the WWF juggernaut. It is sad that when WCW dumped them in 1992, it pretty much was the death blow of a belt that had been around forever.....

---------- Post added February-19th-2013 at 02:55 PM ----------

While all this belt talk is all well and good, is anyone actually excited for Wrestlemania? I was actually more pumped for it before I knew who was fighitng. I'm sure I'll have a hell of a time, and I always wanted to go to a Wrestlemania, but the card itself doesn't really have me going crazy yet. At least there's still six weeks of build to go. But it's looking like

Confimred:

WWE title- Rock/Cena II (Punk isn't winning Monday night, we all know that)

World TItle- ADR v Swagger

Rumored:

HHH/Lesnar II

CM Punk v Undertaker

Kane v Daniel Bryan (I assume this one is set in stone)

Plus you figure Ziggler, Miz, Cesaro, the dancing clowns, a divas match, etc.

I'll be at WM too and so far, this WM is looking to be the worst in years.

As for your other points, I said the WW"E" because that's what it's called now. Of course I knew it was the WWF in the 80's. And I agree, in principal, with everything else you said.

]While all this belt talk is all well and good, is anyone actually excited for Wrestlemania? I was actually more pumped for it before I knew who was fighitng. I'm sure I'll have a hell of a time, and I always wanted to go to a Wrestlemania, but the card itself doesn't really have me going crazy yet. At least there's still six weeks of build to go. But it's looking like

Confimred:

WWE title- Rock/Cena II (Punk isn't winning Monday night, we all know that)

World TItle- ADR v Swagger

Rumored:

HHH/Lesnar II

CM Punk v Undertaker

Kane v Daniel Bryan (I assume this one is set in stone)

Plus you figure Ziggler, Miz, Cesaro, the dancing clowns, a divas match, etc.

Yes, we do know Punk isn't going to win, but will he lose? I heard that the Undertake wants the streak to end and he wanted Punk to be the one. Naturally, WWE doesn't want any part of the streak ending. So if Undertaker vs Punk doesn't happen, where will Punk fit on the Wrestlemania card?

I think the most logical thing to do if Punk doesn't fight punk is to turn the main even into a triple threat match. I don't know how people feel about that, but I think it is the way to go

And I don't know if WM is going to be that bad because a lot of the main people haven't been used yet. All I know is that have a Gauntlet match of Ryback vs The Shield I will not order the PPV, I will stream it.