Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

The thing about Heenan is that he made great mathces better. Piper-Hart at Wrestlemania is probably Piper's best pure match. But the memory I have from it is Heenan saying, "What the hell. Use the bell" when Piper goes for the timekeeper's bell.

The '92 Rumble where Flair pretty much went the distance is as good as wrestling gets. And the best part might be Heenan's commentary. It's an absolute tour de force.

Gorilla: No one ever, in the history of the Royal Rumble, has drawn numbers 1-5, and been there at the end.

Bobby: OH, SHUT UP! Take your time, Champ. Pace yourself! I'm gonna have to apologize to the people; I don't think I can be really be objective.

Gorilla: When have you ever been objective?!

Bobby: Flair, let Sags do all the work. Go over to the corner and rest, you only have two minutes...

Gorilla: You're supposed to be a broadcast journalist — be objective here.

Bobby: I told you to shut up!

(Roddy Piper saves Flair from a Jake Roberts DDT)

Bobby: I never thought I'd say this, but thank you, Roddy. It's a kilt. It's not a skirt, it's a kilt.

(Not long after, Piper attacks Flair)

Bobby: You no-good creep! You skirt-wearing freak! It's not a kilt, it's a skirt!

Bobby: I'm soaking wet, I need something to drink. Hey, you, stupid, get me something to drink!

Gorilla: Flair did it!

Bobby: YES! YES! YES! YES! He did it! I told you, Monsoon! I told you, I told you! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! YES! I told you!

Gorilla: Flair did it, I don't believe it!

Bobby: I knew he'd do it! I knew he'd do it! Oh, you humanoids... I'm gonna meet him!

This is all hysterical, but it was also brilliant announcing. It told the story of Flair trying to do the impossible. It made the match seem incredibly important. It made everyone seem like a threat - if not to win it, then to ruin Flair's dream at the very least.

That Jericho, Miz, Barrett, Maddox segment was one of the worst executed segments ever.

First, Y2Js jacket not working with lights off... Then lights go on and it lights up.

No furniture in ring for Jerichos "show" except for the tv.

Come back from movie promo... They took the tv out of ring... And then speaking blunder after speaking blunder.

Ending with Maddox saying to remove the Jeritron because their match was next... Problem being it was already gone, as Jericho pointed out.

King asked to go to break a few times during the segment... I'm not sure it wasn't a real request.

This has been the worst lead up to WM I can recall.

And Halle Barry. You're an A-list movie star. That was beneath you.

Well your main event has a guy that doesn't work every week. Your second most important match has a guy that hasn't been in the ring for almost a year. Your third most important match is a rematch (same as your main event), but Brock is still a spectacle and Paul Hayman is brilliant. Mark Henry v Ryback could be very interesting. I love the shield, so I'm okay with the six man tag (especially if it leads to an Orton heel turn). Everything else is still in the air.

---------- Post added March-12th-2013 at 12:13 AM ----------

That Jericho, Miz, Barrett, Maddox segment was one of the worst executed segments ever.

First, Y2Js jacket not working with lights off... Then lights go on and it lights up.

No furniture in ring for Jerichos "show" except for the tv.

Come back from movie promo... They took the tv out of ring... And then speaking blunder after speaking blunder.

Ending with Maddox saying to remove the Jeritron because their match was next... Problem being it was already gone, as Jericho pointed out.

King asked to go to break a few times during the segment... I'm not sure it wasn't a real request.

IDK, that Fandago and Tensai segment was very hard to watch...

Edited by jobaga

TNA's Lockdown was DAMN good tonight. Best PPV ending since Hogan joining the NWO at Bash at the Beach. It was predictable, but it worked.

I just watched the main event and was like damn I haven't seen fans this upset in a long time. Then I read that everyone that was throwing garbage in the ring were plants by TNA :ols:

I'm just glad they made Bully heel again.

Done with Tensai and Clay unless they drop the goofy bit and become a nasty mean tag-team. Done with Rhodes and Sandow. They are 99% on their way to full jobber status. I will admit their take on the DX opening was funny, so I give them that.

I liked the scenes they showed for Paul Bearer over the years. That brought back from fun memories. He was a great character....RIP. Since they worked it in Paul's death, I did appreciate the UT/Kane connection there. It reminded me on $$$ they were together awhile ago. Its a shame that UT is so run-down because even though I mentioned wanting to see the UT beat Kane at WM 30 to unite titles. I think I'd like to see them as a team for one last run.

Oh, and the New Age Outlaws......I know they are older, but they are still fun. Road Dogg still has his moves and can work a match.

Oh, and the New Age Outlaws......I know they are older, but they are still fun. Road Dogg still has his moves and can work a match.

I have a feeling the NAO are going to have a run to help bring some more legit teams to the tag division.

DM72,

I am actually pretty hyped up for Mania (I don't ever really get too hyped for it much anymore, besides last year when Rocky came back) but there isn't a bad match on the card... yet. I am losing interest in Swagger though, and Del Rio is kind of an annoying face. *shrug*

Edited by KDawg

Yah really didn't like that Fandangoo/Tensai exchange? I love how Fandangoo is trolling everybody until he gets his first match. I just saw a rumor, and I know it's probably not true, but they said a match at WM between Fandangoo and Y2J. Which probably means there will be a Miz vs Barret match for the Intercontinental title :doh:

The match between Bryan and Ziggler made me want to see an Ironman match between the two. I think a program with them two would be way better than Ziggler/Rio. I did like that parody that Ricardo and Del Rio did. Rodriguez kept tripping me out when he said 'Merica.

Good to see the Bella's back, hopefully they are the ones that can kick start a respectful divas division. I know people don't care about the ladies, but they have the talent, I don't know what they are waiting for.

Now...

It's two reasons I stop watching TNA. One, my Thursdays got filled up on the DVR when Community came back. But I didn't care because... Two, they took WAAAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! too long to reveal Bully Ray as the Aces and Eights President. They debuted in June and it took them until March for it to pay off. That is like 9 freaking months. The first member wasn't revealed until October, it should have been wrapping up around that time.

But whatever. :rolleyes:

At least it's over now and I guess it was a kind of creative way of getting there. I am just glad I FINALLY get to see what's next :ols:

#1. Aces and Eights is a lame Sons of Anarchy wannabe thing. Even their vests look lame.

#2. Bleacher Report has an opinion piece on how the Fandango bit could run his career.

#3. Folks around the interwebs seem to think this WM is where HHH beats Brock with the help of HBK

#4. Good that the Bellas are back. Word is that they want Kelly Kelly and Maryse back. They should have gone after Velvet Sky when she was a FA briefly.

One of the worst decisions the WWE has ever made was make RAW three hours. But instead of filling it with some good backstage segments, vignettes, etc. These idiots added more commercials, longer squash matches, and movie trailers. IDIOTS!!!!

Like for instance, that awful Highlight Reel would have been better suited being done backstage. Matter of fact, they need to take all the "shows" backstage. Shoot, they want to give us entertainment... Then ENTERTAIN US!!! :ols:

Edited by MLSKINS

One of the worst decisions the WWE has ever made was make RAW three hours. But instead of filling it with some good backstage segments, vignettes, etc. These idiots added more commercials, longer squash matches, and movie trailers. IDIOTS!!!!

Like for instance, that awful Highlight Reel would have been better suited being done backstage. Matter of fact, they need to take all the "shows" backstage. Shoot, they want to give us entertainment... Then ENTERTAIN US!!! :ols:

exactly man...

quick question: can anyone think of any conceivable reason why the fandango thing got the green light?

$250 for tickets? Good seats? I didnt pay that much for the trifecta of loser that weekend. HOF, WM, & Raw!

Here's the story....

It was the day of the Skins/Dallas game at FedEx so I woke up thinking about that. He texts me asking if I wanted to go to Raw in Philly in March because he had tickets(He's well off so I assumed he meant he had an extra ticket). I said yeah (they're front row seats) then 10 minutes later, he tells me that I owe him $200 (he bought off some generic secondary market site so the fees were ridiculous). I'm not the type to start **** with friends so I said okay. I'm a ***** I know lol.

Edited by BRAVEONTHEWARPATH93

exactly man...

quick question: can anyone think of any conceivable reason why the fandango thing got the green light?

Because Rico went so well.

Honestly, no clue. But at this point nobody should be shocked when somebody in these storyline meetings doesn't speak up and say "Guys, we all know this has bomb all over it" Its dumber than Kizarny or whatever his name was.

The fact that ppl can sit through 10 minutes of TNA blows my mind. I can barely get through an hour of raw.

Lets see what TNA does now that they've left the iMPACT Zone. I'm actually looking foward to tonight's show.

Lets see what TNA does now that they've left the iMPACT Zone. I'm actually looking foward to tonight's show.

What did you think DM? I watched it last night and thought it was a very good show. Bigger crowd than I expected and a really loud crowd. They really popped for Sting, and that match with Aries was excellent. Sting can still put on a good match, and Aries is one of the best. All in all, I was impressed with the show.

What did you think DM? I watched it last night and thought it was a very good show. Bigger crowd than I expected and a really loud crowd. They really popped for Sting, and that match with Aries was excellent. Sting can still put on a good match, and Aries is one of the best. All in all, I was impressed with the show.

TNA has all the pieces necessary to be a legitimate #2 promotion, if they could just get out of their own way.

The problem with them is what happens with any wrestling company. You get too big to fill a niche. And you are too much of a niche to get very big. And once you get any momentum, WWE can just crush you if it wants.

If they could just figure out a way to consistently sell out 3,000 seat buildings and be profitable and more importantly be happy with that level of success, they could do it.

I think Ziggler and Big E end up facing and beating Hell No. If Dolph is a tag champion it will keep him out of the World Title picture. Maybe (just maybe) they will build him back up instead of having him job out to everyone. That way we can believe he can actually cash in his money in the bank contract and win the championship.

I think Ziggler and Big E end up facing and beating Hell No. If Dolph is a tag champion it will keep him out of the World Title picture. Maybe (just maybe) they will build him back up instead of having him job out to everyone. That way we can believe he can actually cash in his money in the bank contract and win the championship.

Naw, they don't need to put the straps on him. They just need to keep him away from any title picture until he is ready to cash in MITB. He did get a solid win over Bryan on Monday.

I can't even lie, I did like last nights show... Except the brawl at the end. I don't know if it was just me, but that joint was so weak. I did get a kick out of Samoa Joe during the ball, dude is hilarious.

TNA has all the pieces necessary to be a legitimate #2 promotion' date=' if they could just get out of their own way.

The problem with them is what happens with any wrestling company. You get too big to fill a niche. And you are too much of a niche to get very big. And once you get any momentum, WWE can just crush you if it wants.

If they could just figure out a way to consistently sell out 3,000 seat buildings and be profitable and more importantly be happy with that level of success, they could do it.[/quote']

Yeah, they need to know their role. Stop trying to compete with the WWE and just do you. I bet once they realize that they will become more successful. I kind of wished WCW took that approach.