Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

The Figure Four - ALL Things ECW-WWF-NJPW-TNA-ROH-AEW

TK

WWE Light Heavyweight Championship: Why Now Is the Perfect Time to Bring It Back | Bleacher Report http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1436536-wwe-light-heavyweight-championship-why-now-is-the-perfect-time-to-bring-it-back

One title that is often forgotten by WWE fans is the Light Heavyweight Championship. From 1997 through 2001, the WWE's top cruiserweights put on fantastic matches with the title on the line, and now would be the perfect time to resurrect that belt after an 11-year hiatus.

WWE.com is currently running a story about the lineage of the Light Heavyweight Championship, and while such stories on the WWE's website never lead to anything from a storyline perspective, it got me thinking about the feasibility of such a title in the current landscape.

more from the link.

Ah yes, the Light Heavyweight Cgampionship.

They didn't take that title seriously after the first couple years, and I think they eventually put the belt on Gillberg, just to mock Goldberg. I think the only guys that gave it even a little credibility were Christian and Taka.

I think a Cruiser Weight Title would be a good idea for smaller guys like Sin Cara. Then again, I think they don't do right by the US and Intercont title now along with the Tag.

Here is what they should do cause there are just too many titles and too much air-time between RAW and Smackdown, I dont even watch SmackDown anymore. How about make Raw 2 hours again, keep Smackdown at 2 hours, eliminate the Smackdown Vs. Raw feud completely, all super stars wrestle across both shows (cause thats what they pretty much do anyhow). Establish one GM over both shows, absolute power, a tyrant (like Vince in the old days). Then restructure the belts/cards.

Get rid of the World Championship Belt from Smackdown. All belts are bi-program, defended across both shows, not just one brand. Only have the WWE championship, Intercontinental, Tag Team Championship belts. Scrap the US Title belt, add back in the cruiser weight championship belt. Then you would have 4 Titles, defended over both programs. I guess you could toss in the Womens title, but honestly, those matches are ****ing horrible now that Lita and China are gone. I love the eye candy, but consider making the Divas just that, divas and managers/GFs of the wrestlers. You could still do the mixed couples matches from time to time, PPVs, etc.

Establish push more teams for the tag team belts. If they put the talent across both programs evenly, they are already there anyhow, even if they dont compete on that show cause they all travel together, both shows would have equal importance. One week, CM Punk has to defend his tilte on Smackdown against whoever, next week he gets screwed and has to defend on Raw. Stuff like that. Get back to the grass roots, when Smackdown first aired, all the Super Stars were on both programs and it was great.

Use both programs to your advantage and create factions that war (i.e. Dx, NOD, NWO, Horsemen, etc.). One of the problems I see is they divide up the stars between the shows and they have like one faction established to wreck havok (Nexus, the Shield) and its them versus the entire roster of the show they are on. Work across both brands, create 3 groups, its on like donkey kong and they show up unannouced or out of nowhere, attacking ****.

Rhodes Scholars are great. Hell No is fun. Miz is great as a face. Punk and Heyman are entertaining. The Shield is interesting. Ryback is a beast. The Rock is coming back... And I'm curious what Maddox is up to.

WWE is getting to be decent again. But they have too much bull**** going on with it.

anyone else think Maddox is going to be the ref for the Shield vs Team Hell No/Ryback match?

I don't see the Shield losing clean that's for sure.

Naw, that's too predictable.

I think a new member of the Shield will be revealed. They might interfere and assist in a win for The Shield. The only thing is, since I don't watch NXT that much, I have no clue who it's going to be.

I agree with KD, WWE is starting to look good again. This Punk injury really messed stuff up, but I think they have some good momentum right now. With some good writing they could overcome this.

I think Maddox himself could be the fourth member.

But i still think Maddox refs the match. It might be predictable...but they haven't done anything to wow me in a while. And even though the Shield angle is alright, i think they could have done Dean Ambrose better and had him debut solo.

I think Maddox himself could be the fourth member.

But i still think Maddox refs the match. It might be predictable...but they haven't done anything to wow me in a while. And even though the Shield angle is alright, i think they could have done Dean Ambrose better and had him debut solo.

Now that I think about it, Maddox could give them an element of a ****y member that every stable seems to have. But I just can't see them with a match this big letting him referee.

Unless....

The original referee takes a bump and he comes out to finish the match. That is still predictable, but at least it's believable. If you know what I'm saying...

It would have been nice to have Ambrose debut as a solo act, but there is no way he would have gotten to main event status this fast that way.

Shield needs to win at the PPV.

My ideal finish is: Good long match and they basically eliminate everyone besides Kane. All three surround him and destroy him. All three hit finishers and they pick up the win.

The only way for stables to work are for them to stay small and be dominant

The Shield is going to win, but it won't be dominant. But if they don't win, they justed wasted the last month. And it's not an elimination match, first pin fall/submission wins. Rybck is Vince's new man crush. Whatever happens, it will be in a way that screws Ryback. That way, Ryback can still look strong, but The Shield can continue to get put over.

Missed Raw again on Monday night. How's Ziggler doing? Seems like they were giving him a slight push last time I watched (like 4 months ago.)

Ziggler is killing it right now. He has the best matches and probably the second best promo's next to Punk and Heyman.

On Monday he started off the show. Did a promo from the top of a ladder talking about how he is going to beat Cena and then cash in his contract. He did look like an idiot when he stayed on the ladder when Shaemus came out and of course Shaemus pushed the ladder and he had a hard crash to the ground.

...Wow

THAT SHIELD MATCH WAS AMAZING...DAMN

SICK BUMP FROM TYLER BLACK/SETH ROLLINS

Yeah that match was crazy. I almost had a heart attack when Seth Rollins went through those tables..

The whole PPV was good last night. They even finally gave my girl Naomi some burn. Been waiting for that for a long time.

Sin Cara took a big bump too that was cool/bad :ols:

What's up with Cena doing a Monkey Flip and a Hurricanrana? :ols:

The ending to that Big Show/Shaemus match was weird though. He hit that man with a big fold up chair. :whoknows: