Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Just now, twa said:

you never get used to the heat. acclimated maybe.

I never got to the point where I was ready to explore.  Just as I had gotten comfortable with my place there, I was laid off.

I've started looking for new jobs recently, because I'm incredibly underpaid for what I bring to the table.  I've been looking a lot at Austin-based companies lately.  I think I'd have a good time there, base on the few times I drove up there from SA.  If I do wind up getting another position in the general vicinity, I'll hit you up and make an excursion to the east.

Okay, so I just now looked up Bandera after the above paragraph and saw it was moderately west of San Antonio.  To the point where it's practically in my old back yard.  Anyways, if I ever make my way back there, we'll have to do some drinks or something.  It really is a nice area, regardless of its reputation.

12 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

So far so good, which surprises me. I have a brand new apartment, and I live about 10-15 minutes from my daughter and granddaughter. I am right near my new doctors and main shopping. The only thing is I decided to go back into the closet. Having a Hillary 2016 bumper sticker is bad enough. Still trying to get used to the heat. Lucky for me that Cedar Park is pretty windy, keeps the bugs down. Dancer has had a few fleas, that's new for us. I'm pretty happy, which I didn't expect. Thanks for asking!

I'm sorry you feel you have to live in the closet.  I don't know exactly where you're living, but I got to know my lesbian neightbors just before I moved out (we comisserated about the girl who would talk loudly on her phone every morning while leaning up against my bedroom wall as I was making my exodus) and I didn't get the impression they needed to hide who they were.  I hope things progress to the point where you don't have to hide who you are.

I know we don't always agree on politics, but everyone should be able to feel comfortable in being who they are.  I really hope you can find that peace of mind.

Just now, twa said:

you never get used to the heat. acclimated maybe.

That sounds about right.  The world tells you that Texas is a dry heat.  That is a damned lie.  It's humid as all hell down there.  I had to turn my car's AC up to full blast just to keep my fact form melting off as I drove home from work.

12 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I'm sorry you feel you have to live in the closet.  I don't know exactly where you're living, but I got to know my lesbian neightbors just before I moved out (we comisserated about the girl who would talk loudly on her phone every morning while leaning up against my bedroom wall as I was making my exodus) and I didn't get the impression they needed to hide who they were.  I hope things progress to the point where you don't have to hide who you are.

I know we don't always agree on politics, but everyone should be able to feel comfortable in being who they are.  I really hope you can find that peace of mind.

I live in Cedar Park, northwest of Austin. It's really nice here, very conservative though. Wish I could be out here, I just go about my business. 

12 hours ago, twa said:

west nile virus and spotted fever.....did I mention the nutra rats the size of small pigs?

flesh eating bacteria ain't unknown.:ols:

I was suprised Flordia beat Norfolk to that, NAS is dumping so much feces into the water there that they had to tell us when the bacteria levels were low enough for us to swim in, I was done after the second time they said it was "safe"

I was going to post this in the Stadium but that place scares me.  Apparently the Redskins and USAA are doing a Salute To Service event at training camp on August 6th.  I will be going in my capacity of Public Affairs Officer.  Obviously I'll have my camera gear and stuff.  Gonna try to bring a ball to go signed if possible also.  Anyone ever experienced one of these events?  I've never been to a training camp much less one with this organized activity.

3 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

I was going to post this in the Stadium but that place scares me.  Apparently the Redskins and USAA are doing a Salute To Service event at training camp on August 6th.  I will be going in my capacity of Public Affairs Officer.  Obviously I'll have my camera gear and stuff.  Gonna try to bring a ball to go signed if possible also.  Anyone ever experienced one of these events?  I've never been to a training camp much less one with this organized activity.

I've been to three fan appreciation days in Richmond (including first one), and I'd say it's for the rabid die hards because its otherwise pretty miserable. Its hot as hell, it's always muddy and typically smells, you have to stand to really see anything or get chance of autographs end of the day, and theres no alcohol allowed (which can be solved with a simple water bottle with vodka instead, but I digress). 

Having said that, its jus like going to the stadium, you enjoy being with other people that feel the same way and even better it humanizes the players because they absolutely can hear you and sometimes respond back.

I'd say every die hard show go at least once, but dont bring your kids or older family members because that heat gets serious and theres no shade from it.  Still got to met Sean Taylor's dad and showed him my tattoo, making his day made my day. They should move it to Redskins Park and stop trying to be special, it isnt working it's a mess.

6 hours ago, TheGreatBuzz said:

Youre going to want to eat at ZZQ if possible.

On 7/21/2019 at 10:40 AM, spjunkies said:

They're trying to take twa out :(

Thinking about it that building was younger than I am, I don't think I'm gonna let them vote on my existence.

Archived