Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

10 hours ago, spjunkies said:

They're trying to take twa out :(

I'm thinking retirement and a move might be in order.

When your first thought is direction of blast and wind direction you might have lived here too long.

6 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

Are you gonna leave Tejas, or just to another part?

Depends on where the kids land, hell I'll probably die right here from the wife nagging me to move :pint:

Just now, twa said:

Depends on where the kids land, hell I'll probably die right here from the wife nagging me to move :pint:

I dont' think I ever figured out where "here" is.  Where'd you wind up?  I really enjoyed my time in Texas, but I didn't manage to explore much before I left.

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

I dont' think I ever figured out where "here" is.  Where'd you wind up?  I really enjoyed my time in Texas, but I didn't manage to explore much before I left.

pasadena tx{refinery row galveston bay area east of Houston)....where I've always been since I was 2

definitely a whole lot of texas  

Just now, twa said:

pasadena tx{refinery row galveston bay area east of Houston)....where I've always been since I was 2

definitely a whole lot of texas  

I do regret never making it out to visit Houston.  Really would have like to have seen the Galilleo at some point (Star Trek nerd here) but it was in NY at the time.

Just now, LadySkinsFan said:

I moved to Texas to be near my daughter. It isn't my first choice. But here I am and will stay.

I know that was a relatively recent move.  How's that been working out for you?  I know the state has a reputation of being ultra right-wing, but at least in my neck of the woods, that didn't seem to be so much the case.

5 minutes ago, LadySkinsFan said:

I moved to Texas to be near my daughter. It isn't my first choice. But here I am and will stay.

funny how family works :), the hill country is pretty nice anyway.

I'm more a beach/swamp critter

Just now, twa said:

funny how family works :), the hill country is pretty nice anyway.

I'm more a beach/swamp critter

I didn't hear the greatest things about Corpus Christie.  A friend of mine who'd visited mentioned that there'd be globs of oil that would stick to you if you went to the beaches there, and it would take Gasoline to get it off.

12 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I didn't hear the greatest things about Corpus Christie.  A friend of mine who'd visited mentioned that there'd be globs of oil that would stick to you if you went to the beaches there, and it would take Gasoline to get it off.

tar balls are natural all along the gulf coast and easily avoided, just like tar pits in Cali.

The sharks and jellyfish are more concerning. :ols:

add

where I draw the line is gators on the beach (happens some after floods)

that ain't cool when combined with the rattlers in the grass.

8 minutes ago, twa said:

tar balls are natural all along the gulf coast and easily avoided, just like tar pits in Cali.

add

Well you're not making me regret not visiting the gulf.

1 minute ago, PokerPacker said:

Well you're not making me regret not visiting the gulf.

it ain't Maui for sure, Florida is the best gulf state in general...if the crocs or pythons don't get ya

18 minutes ago, twa said:

add

You make it sound like Australia or some ****, do you have venomous kangaroos down there, too?

Just now, twa said:

it ain't Maui for sure, Florida is the best gulf state in general...if the crocs or pythons don't get ya

I do have a friend in Miami and a cousin in Tampa.  I'm sure I'd have a fun time visiting them at some point, assuming I'm not made into Gator Bait.

Just now, Renegade7 said:

You make it sound like Australia or some ****, do you have venomous kangaroos down there, too?

west nile virus and spotted fever.....did I mention the nutra rats the size of small pigs?

flesh eating bacteria ain't unknown.:ols:

Just now, twa said:

west nile virus and spotted fever.....did I mention the nutra rats the size of small pigs?

flesh eating bacteria ain't unknown.:ols:

All that said, I really do miss San Antonio.  Very friendly people.  And for a recluse like myself, no gators or pig-sized rats on the third story.  Never saw a living scorpion, either.  (coworkers may have left a dead one at my desk, though).

2 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

All that said, I really do miss San Antonio.  Very friendly people.  And for a recluse like myself, no gators or pig-sized rats on the third story.  Never saw a living scorpion, either.  (coworkers may have left a dead one at my desk, though).

You should have explored west, the frio and bandera area are sweet....even Corpus has it's moments

The people in general are nice.

Garner state park provides many memories.

52 minutes ago, PokerPacker said:

I know that was a relatively recent move.  How's that been working out for you?  I know the state has a reputation of being ultra right-wing, but at least in my neck of the woods, that didn't seem to be so much the case.

So far so good, which surprises me. I have a brand new apartment, and I live about 10-15 minutes from my daughter and granddaughter. I am right near my new doctors and main shopping. The only thing is I decided to go back into the closet. Having a Hillary 2016 bumper sticker is bad enough. Still trying to get used to the heat. Lucky for me that Cedar Park is pretty windy, keeps the bugs down. Dancer has had a few fleas, that's new for us. I'm pretty happy, which I didn't expect. Thanks for asking!

Archived