Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Just now, Spaceman Spiff said:

Terrible take after terrible take.  And I get it, it's a hot take show.  But when YOU PLAYED IN THE NBA and Domonique Foxworth knows more about basketball stuff than you do...

I mean he's a pretty dude (no Hibbert). That certainly could be why he's on. 

16 hours ago, Chew said:

RTT was in rare form today, felt like 2010 in this joint.  Bravo. 

In other news, this FaceApp **** is getting out of control. My wife turned herself into a bearded man and I can't unsee it.  She's probably gonna want some sexy time and all I see is James Harden.

Security fears over Russian aging app 'FaceApp' as experts warn it can access ALL of your pictures even if you say not to

The 'FaceApp' viral trend which takes your picture and re-imagines you with an extra 50 years on the clock may be exposing its users to its Russian developers. 

Experts are warning of security concerns with FaceApp, made in 2017,  which puts a filter over your face, as it has permanent access to your photos. 

Concerns focus around a questionable clause in the app, which can access, store and use images from your camera roll, without your permission.

The terms and conditions of the app essentially gives FaceApp access to use, modify, adapt and publish any images that you offer up in exchange for its AI.

James Whatley, a strategist from Digitas. UK, posted an excerpt on his Twitter page.

It reads: 'You grant FaceApp a perpetual, irrevocable... royalty-free... license to use, adapt, publish, distribute your user content... in all media formats... when you post or otherwise share.'

FaceApp is allowed to use your name, username 'or any likeness provided' in any media format without compensation and you won't have any ability to take it down or complain about it, reports claim. 

It also will not compensate you for this material and it will retain the image long after you've deleted the app. 

Twitter users have also pointed to the app's Russian origins — FaceApp is owned by a company, Wireless Lab, which is based in St. Petersburg.

Ariel Hochstadt, Security Expert from vpnMentor blog and Ex-Gmail marketing manager for Google told MailOnline that he warned people about apps like these before. 

'Hackers many time are able to record the websites that people visit, and the activities they perform in those websites, but they don't always know who are those users,' he said.

'Imagine now they used the phone's camera to secretly record a young gay person, that visits gay sites, but didn't yet go public with that, and they connect his face with the websites he is using. 

'They also know who this image is, with the huge DB they created of FB accounts and faces, and the data they have on that person is both private and accurate to the name, city and other details found on FB.' 

Click on the link for the full article

@TryTheBeal!That video is awesome, looks like it's gotta be the Never Say Die! tour.  Highlights everyone in that band.  Ozzy might not sound his best, I can't tell if that's because he was near the end of his stint with Sabbath or if the audio isn't good but seeing Geezer, Iommi and Ward in their prime like that is awesome.  Love seeing Ward bash away.

11 minutes ago, Spaceman Spiff said:

@TryTheBeal!That video is awesome, looks like it's gotta be the Never Say Die! tour.  Highlights everyone in that band.  Ozzy might not sound his best, I can't tell if that's because he was near the end of his stint with Sabbath or if the audio isn't good but seeing Geezer, Iommi and Ward in their prime like that is awesome.  Love seeing Ward bash away.

Thats probably November 78.  Ozzy needs a break.  By June 79, Dio was in the fold.

Geezer remained unfazed.

Archived