Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

1 minute ago, Mournblade said:

I think grapefruit has replaced watermelon as my favorite fruit. Nothing beats biting into a juicy, vitamin rich grapefruit first thing in the morning. 

And you would be very wrong as far as nothing beats it. 

As far as your personal favorite have at it. I think grapefruit sucks. That bitter tongue destroying flavor has to be infused with sugar or something to even make it...

palateble. 

Just now, Kosher Ham said:

And you would be very wrong as far as nothing beats it. 

As far as your personal favorite have at it. I think grapefruit sucks. That bitter tongue destroying flavor has to be infused with sugar or something to even make it...

palateble. 

Like Cheerios and Grape Nuts, gotta dump on the sugar or it's just bland as hell.  And as for grapefruit......

Image result for negative ghost rider the pattern is full

Now oranges or peaches, we can have a conversation.

24 minutes ago, 757SeanTaylor21 said:

First of all, heathens. Watermelon is the goat.

Nah, gotta be strawberries or blueberries. Oranges perhaps...

3 hours ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

watermelon is overrated

You think tamales are great. They are just mediocre. 

Went to see one movie then when it was over walked into another one.  Haven't done nothing like that in a decade at least, walked into a theater like we already bought a ticket with a chick at the one in springfield mall back in the day.  It's not the same when your almost 30, could easily paid for it if I wanted to.

Have any of you had what I call a "Larry David moment" before?  If you don't know who he is, he's the creator of Seinfeld and stared in his HBO show Curb Your Enthusiasm, which was about a fictionalized version of himself.  Throughout the series, he would always find himself doing something to someone or saying something and then running into them again later in the episode.  For example, some guy jumps in front of him in line, he calls them out, they argue, etc.  A day or two later, he is trying to join a country club and the guy he argued with happens to be on the board that votes to allow new members.  Stuff like that.

The basketball story just posted about the cops being called due to a hard screen triggered one of those moments that happened to me.  It was back when I was in high school, playing pick-up games with my cousin and his other cousin.  There were two courts but only one good goal, the other was dunked on and bent.  The good goal was taken with multiple people ahead of us.  So we had to play on the broken goal.  It was 3 on 3.

I'm only 6'2", but was the tallest of the six people out there.  One guy on the other team was about 6 feet tall and matched up with me, then out of the blue, this one guy on their team who was like 5'7" says I got him.  Needless to say, I told my cousin to lob it into me every time.  He did, and I abused the guy and next thing I know, he's trying to take me out (shoving and undercutting me when I'd drive, etc.).  My cousin says for me to take the ball out instead of posting the guy.  I check the ball and he throws at me as hard as he can at my head.  I catch it and beam the **** out of him then run after him trying to fight.  My cousins had to drag me to my car and make me leave.

A few months later, I get hooked up on a date with one of my good friend's friends.  I go to her house, pick her up, met her mom and older sister, who were very nice.  So I'm standing in the kitchen, then they ask her to come into the other room for a minute, I'm standing there by myself wondering what the hell is going on.  Then her older sister walks through the kitchen and gives me the stink eye.  My date comes back in the kitchen and asks me if I played basketball at that one court and gotten into a fight with one of the guys.  I told her what happened and asked why and she says that guy was my sister's fiance :rofl89:

What's even funnier is I was only 17 years old, this guy was like 22 or 23 and she said he was worried if he came out of the back that I was going to start beating his ass.  

Anyone got any Larry David Moment stories?

Kinda - I'd guess '91 or so I was at a bar that had an awesome guitar player (with a back machine)...I musta put $50 in his tip jar, he played Satriani perfectly.

Forward to '97, I was dating a fairly prominent keyboard player here in town. We're at a bar to see Jan Smith (the leading vocal teacher around here)...she had an awesome band...guitar dude was there, and I was introduced as "Mary, my...ummm ....friend"...

Guitar dude says "We know each other! " ...and the strangest looks got passed around. 

Weird ATL music moment. 

1 hour ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Anyone got any Larry David Moment stories?

Not to me, but a coworker. 

He was running late to work and just been warned about being late. He was behind an older lady in a line of cars. Older lady didn't move right away when traffic started to move so he went around her and honked and yelled and screamed at her as he floored it past her car. He makes a right turn into our parking lot. Only to see the older lady pull in right behind him into our parking lot as well. It was our CEO's mom. He didn't last much longer.  

Archived