Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

10 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Stroker been MIA for a while.  Anyone heard from him?  I think he posted once back in December.  

I wonder what ever happened to MoCo too?

MoCo prob contracted one of those new strains of Drug Resistance STI. 

So we had The Dude neutered on July 6th.  They put a cone on him so he couldn't lick his junk and mess the stitches up or get it infected.  Even on his meds (for sedation) little bugger figured out how to take the cone off.  It was a pain in the ass, cause he chewed up the plastic strap to lock it in place.  Then he was getting aggressive and growling, barking and biting/snapping at me when I'd try to put it back on cause he hated it.

In the end, I won because I busted out the duct tape and we were able to get it over the plastic strap.  He actually was able to get the duct tape off, over time.  Then we would just put more on it.  Finally took it off last night for good.  

3 minutes ago, Warhead36 said:

Don't sleep on toe pain. Someone stepped on my middle two toes on my left foot yesterday and it hurts like a B.

Try ramming it barefoot into the base of a pillar :)

Happened to me 3 weeks ago. Damn house would be an Indiana Jones deathtrap for a toddler 

2 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

So we had The Dude neutered on July 6th.  They put a cone on him so he couldn't lick his junk and mess the stitches up or get it infected.  Even on his meds (for sedation) little bugger figured out how to take the cone off.  It was a pain in the ass, cause he chewed up the plastic strap to lock it in place.  Then he was getting aggressive and growling, barking and biting/snapping at me when I'd try to put it back on cause he hated it.

In the end, I won because I busted out the duct tape and we were able to get it over the plastic strap.  He actually was able to get the duct tape off, over time.  Then we would just put more on it.  Finally took it off last night for good.  

I got an inflatable neck thing for Dancer when she was spayed. Worked well but she's little although her teeth were really sharp. 

Probably wouldn't have worked on The Dude.

7 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, MoCo got banned, was just wondering what happened to him in general.  On Stroker's profile it says he last visited July 8th, but his last post was back in December, miss that guy.

Me too...iirc, he had hooked up with a new girl? I sent him a shout about a kitty issue, but never heard back. ?

22 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Yeah, MoCo got banned, was just wondering what happened to him in general.  On Stroker's profile it says he last visited July 8th, but his last post was back in December, miss that guy.

oh okay.  haha, yeah man he was a complicated cat.  Wonder if he's found himself LOL. 

On 5/28/2018 at 3:01 PM, Kosher Ham said:

Starting to feel as if Hawaii might not be a vacation in the near future for us. 

I know I won't go for a few years, I don't care what island it is. 

Hell, I haven't been to New Orleans since right after Katrina. 

That sucks.Scary stuff. 

Good call...

Lava flies through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23

An explosion sent lava crashing through the roof of a tour boat off Hawaii's Big Island, injuring 23 people on Monday, officials said.

A woman in her 20s was in serious condition with a broken thigh bone, the Hawaii County Fire Department said. Three others were in stable condition at a hospital with unspecified injuries. The rest of the passengers suffered burns, scrapes and other superficial injuries. Authorities originally put the number of injured at 13, but increased the toll as more people with injuries came forward.

They were aboard a tour boat that takes visitors to see lava plunging into the ocean from a volcano that has been erupting for two months. Firefighters said the lava punctured the boat's roof, leaving a gaping hole.

37340499_2048456285195602_36111907384920

Officials have warned of the danger of getting close to lava entering the ocean, saying the interaction can create clouds of acid and fine glass. Despite the hazards, several companies operate such tours.

Click on the link for the full article

On 7/5/2018 at 4:54 PM, Renegade7 said:

I've tried that before somewhere else more then once, is there a spot around VA or NC that gets it right?

Right, sounds... dry.

Eating fried okra now, which reminded me that you asked me this and I couldn't respond (was in a meeting for work) and then I forgot about it, sorry for that.  As far as spots in NC that are known for their fried okra?  Not that I've heard of.  It's a common side at a lot of BBQ joints down here though.  A lot depends on the breading they use and how long they leave it in the deep fryer.  

My mamaw and papaw would get fresh okra, cut it up and just fry it on the stove-top, no breading.  Personally, I prefer it to be breaded and fried.  Sonny's BBQ has the best around where I'm at.  It's not usually dry or that dry.  Some other places fry it too long, so it's soggy, which is disgusting.  Some use minimal breading, which is ok.  Actually the best I've had was at a soul food restaurant near my old office, near the old Charlotte Coliseum.  I got to know the owner and his wife going there so much they gave me a discount every time.  He had some of the best food, used his grandmother's recipes iirc, talking bout southern cooking.  

Greens, black eyed peas, cornbread, fried chicken, ribs, fried okra, etc.  It's probably good that I started working from home, cause I'd probably have gotten a blocked artery and died by now.  

Just now, Kosher Ham said:

So you are sending me up to Sonny's ? 

I don't like Okra. My wife enjoys it. I have never been a fan of any type of squash though. 

Sure, we can hit up Hooters, Carolina Ale House, Dave and Busters, etc. and then you can hit the Sonny's drive-thru for some fried okra  :cheers:

3 hours ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

Sure, we can hit up Hooters, Carolina Ale House, Dave and Busters, etc. and then you can hit the Sonny's drive-thru for some fried okra  :cheers:

The first 3 I can do. 

Just went to Nooga, Knox, and somewhere else in between... not my neck of the woods. 

I have to say honestly ( don't tell my wife), that I enjoyed every meal that I tried. 

I might ask some of these Bourbon guys if they have ever been to the Library in Knoxville... 

I have changed my mind about certain TN things. Living there is still in the wind. 

This trip was cheaper than going to NY but not as good besides the food and drink. 

Next up... Keys...been to Miami too many times to count. Keys... new for both of us. 

Archived