Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Voyager 1, launched in 1977, is now 13 Billion miles away and still gathering data on the outer Solar System. It was no longer pointing the right way to communicate with Earth, and the 'attitude control adjusters' were wearing out.

NASA fired up the thrusters which hadn't been used in 37 years, and they worked.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/us/voyager-1-thrusters-fired-first-time-since-1980/index.html

1 hour ago, Corcaigh said:

Voyager 1, launched in 1977, is now 13 Billion miles away and still gathering data on the outer Solar System. It was no longer pointing the right way to communicate with Earth, and the 'attitude control adjusters' were wearing out.

NASA fired up the thrusters which hadn't been used in 37 years, and they worked.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/01/us/voyager-1-thrusters-fired-first-time-since-1980/index.html

*V'ger

1 minute ago, TryTheBeal! said:

Or when Yngwie plays just a little too fast...

Not sure if serious, cuz there's no ****in' thing.  :headbang:

I did see one show (Lita Ford opened) in Daytona where he was so absolutely horrible all night, he musta tossed a half dozen guitars in the air and walked away from 'em...haven't seen such willful destruction since Steve in Crossroads.  (I think he dropped that Jackson on purpose as garbage in order to get a design deal, and I'd give almost anything just to touch one of his Jems, never got quite that close to him, tho) :drooley:

If I had, security would've probably would've been involved:stop:...then again, I knew them too...one dude was dating my friend who went-she said-"just to see me lose all sphincter control"---and he got me two of his neon green "Light Without Heat" picks.  :D

When's the last time you've seen The River Wild in its entirety? Prolly been since theaters for me. Pretty solid suspense joint.  Streep and Bacon going at it.  

And it's 80s day on Sundance.  Ghostbusters 1 & 2, Princess Bride, Goonies, Turner & Hooch.  :silly:

2 hours ago, youngchew said:

When's the last time you've seen The River Wild in its entirety? Prolly been since theaters for me. Pretty solid suspense joint.  Streep and Bacon going at it.  

I caught it briefly about 6 weeks ago, but before that, I remember watching it when it came out in VHS with my dad, brother and sisters one weekend. Meryl is goergeous

Archived