Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Checked out my bros new house in Damascus today before the big move. Talk about some way out of the way ****, though. Good grief.

House is vicious, but there's so much space around it that ots seriously unnerving. Like, you're literally in an oasis of houses in the wilderness. Bare minimum 50 yards of grass on all sides, and in the front yard, a little over a 100. 8800 sq ft i believe

Then there's this demonic hornets nest. Creepiest **** I've ever seen. Almost like something out of a science fiction movie (apparently it has been sprayed, but im not an idiot... Natures beasts die hard).

And of course the coup de grace... A gigantic twisted tree at the edge of the property, and a weird brick house behind it off in the cut, like the Womping willow meets Sleepy Hollow meets Boo Radley's house. Talked to one of the neighbors (which is fun, having neighbors actually wanting to talk to you, and not act like you are smuggling coke, and reporting your activities to the homeowners like KGB). Apparently an old lady lives there, which of course always ratchets up the creepy factor

All i know is its creepy af. Might take a pic of it. 

9 hours ago, PCS said:

Well that's it. The youngest was accepted in to marching band at college. Leaves Monday. Empty nesters just like that,(well it seems anyway). 

Congrats, dude!  You made it! 

<BTW, it's great to know kids still love marching band...serious biz there, very cool (to me, anyway).>  :)

5 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

My brother lived in Damascus for a few years.  He immediately gained 100 lbs and could play Offensive Line like a mug.  What do they feed those kids?  Damascus is like Little Wisconsin.

Dawg...we played against Damascus every year.  No idea what they feed those kids out there....them boys was big.  O-line was impenetrable.  We got PUNISHED by Damascus sophomore year in 1997.  Those dudes hit hard, and their stadium was intimidating.

Bamma ass school.  

1 hour ago, skinsmarydu said:

Congrats, dude!  You made it! 

<BTW, it's great to know kids still love marching band...serious biz there, very cool (to me, anyway).>  :)

Yeah. My BIL and friend from college was in the Penn State Blue Band. And now where we live, the local HS marching band is one of the best in the state. The football team isn't that good, so people come for the first half and leave after the band plays. haha. 

8 hours ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

My brother lived in Damascus for a few years.  He immediately gained 100 lbs and could play Offensive Line like a mug.  What do they feed those kids?  Damascus is like Little Wisconsin.

Probably all that damn wilderness, having them eat raw corn stalks and wrestle bears and ****. Holy  crap. I thought the areas around Waldorf in SoMd were pretty woodsy, but this is a damn forest.

I've gone to a few Northwest HS games and a lot of people talk up Damascus HS, saying kids come from all over to play there

Found this one instead. Pretty funny. Might be the same guy, different approach.

Hello. I'm an older white guy, a Marine vet, unmarried, and a semi-retired business and finance professional. I'm a warm and friendly guy, easy to be with I'm told. I'll be driving to the zone of totality in Oregon to see the eclipse. I've seen partials before but never a total eclipse. This is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I'm looking for a female at least 18 who would like to ride up to Oregon with me to see this amazing event. Why a female? Well, I just enjoy the company of females, that's all. I'm not going to be propositioning you or hitting on you in any way. Fact is, you'll be as safe with me as with any other person you know. 

There is absolutely no lodging available anywhere within 100 miles of the zone of totality, so I intend to drive out into open land somewhere in the zone, spend the night there, get up in the morning, have a cup of coffee and wait for the eclipse, which will begin around 10am.

Planning to leave sometime on the 19th, possibly a day or so earlier. We still have plenty of time to get to know each other a bit on the phone and have a get-acquainted meeting somewhere in the East Bay before I leave. Then you can decide if you want to come along with me to see the eclipse or not. No gas money or any other payment required or even accepted. I can well afford to get myself wherever I wish to go. If you're terribly short of funds, well, I don't like eating alone, so when I eat, you eat. 

I know it might seem strange to make a trip like this with a male stranger from CL, but if we chat and meet first, we won't be strangers by the time we leave. I've had a life-long interest in astronomy and am very excited to experience this total eclipse of the sun and I'd be happy to help a young person experience it, a person who might not have any way to do so herself. Give it some thought, think about it a bit, and if it seems like something you might want to do, let me know. Tell me just a little bit about yourself. I'll send you my phone number and we can chat and get to know each other a bit. I'll even buy you lunch somewhere so we can see each other face to face. 

Oh, and I have four pairs of certified eclipse glasses, glasses that are totally safe for viewing the entire eclipse. I went out a couple of days ago and tried them out. With these glasses on, you see absolute darkness in the middle of a bright, sunny day. If you look directly at the sun, it appears as a dark orange ball in the middle of utter blackness. 

Want to see the eclipse with me? Let me know. I'm going! Let's chat.

Archived