Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

I'm buying an engagement ring Saturday. She get's on my nerves like hell, but I love her to death. 2nd year anniversary was on Monday and I always said that I wouldn't propose to a girl until after two years together. Funny thing is, I wanted to do it this past Thanksgiving, but it never happened. Anyway, it's time that I stop being a great boyfriend and become a better Husband...

ido.gif

16 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

I'm buying an engagement ring Saturday. She get's on my nerves like hell, but I love her to death. 2nd year anniversary was on Monday and I always said that I wouldn't propose to a girl until after two years together. Funny thing is, I wanted to do it this past Thanksgiving, but it never happened. Anyway, it's time that I stop being a great boyfriend and become a better Husband...

ido.gif

Hope you two make a happy life together!

53 minutes ago, CrypticVillain said:

The "2 month's salary" rule is nonsense.  If I had two months of my husband's money on my finger, it'd be stupid *and btw, people die to get diamonds out of the ground, I would've actually preferred to pick mine out, it would've probably been a different stone and something much simpler*.  Don't give her something that will get her robbed.  Just throwin' my pennies out there...

Congrats!

I'm with Mary on this - either buy a manufactured diamond like Gemesis or one from an estate. People getting their arms chopped off for natural diamonds. My wife's ring is her birthstone, which looks better than a diamond anyway.

And 2 months salary my ass!

2 minutes ago, Riggo-toni said:

I'm with Mary on this - either buy a manufactured diamond like Gemesis or one from an estate. People getting their arms chopped off for natural diamonds. My wife's ring is her birthstone, which looks better than a diamond anyway.

Word!  My birthstone is a simple amethyst, not even a gem.  I have one bigger than my engagement ring, in a gorgeous seashell gold setting, and have to wear it on my right hand in order not to dwarf my diamond, which isn't big or small, if you get my drift.

Like I said, I would've rather picked out my own ring.  Probably wouldn't have had one, all it does is look pretty...it's a marquis cut, and in my business, I had to turn it sideways in order to keep it from stabbing my finger when it moved... I'll be lucky to get a nickel for it when I really need to...ok, no politics.

@skinsmarydu @Riggo-toni

My whole relationship started because of an engagement ring...

I posted this on Facebook...

13925106_1671526446504766_64469752799962

Out of all the women that responded, she's the only one that said she prefers something like this. That she wanted something petite. I'm like "Dang, that's unique." So obviously, I had my eye on her.

Fast forward to a couple of months ago.

Her and her friend went to the mall one day. (My girlfriend isn't dumb, she knows I want to marry her.) Her friend told me she tried on wedding rings and one particular one she tried on, her hands started shaking. Somehow she got the information about the ring. And I think my girlfriend has no clue that I know about it.

If she does? I don't care. Why? My girlfriend is super frugal... So I'm not surprised that the ring that shook her hand was on the clearance rack. ??

That thing cost less than half of my bi-weekly salary. ??

(The ring is not that small FWIW. ?)

Personally, I never got married, not even when same sex marriage became the law of the land. I always felt that if two people want to be together, they will be. 

I think that the only reason for me to marry is if I was with a non-US citizen, and that's highly unlikely.

But I get why people want to marry, and fine for them. That's why I always wish people well in their marriage.

The main thing I want to impart if you are still ring shopping–the 4Cs are real BUT 99% you can't see with the naked eye. Color? pointless unless you have it under a pure white light against a pure white background—how often in real life are you gonna be in that situation? Cut-Clarity? Can affect how shiny it is, but unless you're a trained gemologist looking through a loupe–are ya gonna see that the edges don't line up perfectly or that some facets aren't at the perfect angle or exactly the same size as all the others? 

If your wife is anything but the idle wealthy (i.e. has servants to do everything for her), don't get a ring with little diamonds down the sides like I did. Daily life just puts too much abuse on it and it's knocked out too many of those little stones and I've had to get replaced. 

I agree with others–don't buy a diamond. They are artificially pricey. There are enough diamonds in the world so  that everyone in America can have a coffee can full of them. In retrospect, I probably shoulda been original and bought a green emerald to match her eyes. 

40 minutes ago, Dr. Do Itch Big said:

isn't everything artificially pricey. 

Not exactly.  Diamonds are artifically pricey because Debeers controls the world supply of diamonds and keeps them hoarded away to create artificial scarcity inflating the value.

4 hours ago, Riggo-toni said:

Yeah, I don't get the fascination with diamonds.  The diamond industry clearly have brainwashed the American public into thinking it has to be a diamond.  I got my wife a ruby engagement ring.  It's much harder to find good rubies.

18 minutes ago, China said:

Yeah, I don't get the fascination with diamonds.  The diamond industry clearly have brainwashed the American public into thinking it has to be a diamond.  I got my wife a ruby engagement ring.  It's much harder to find good rubies.

I had a ruby pinky ring custom made.  It's probably my favorite ring. It's pear shaped and it was expensive.

31 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

*Burgundy and Gold socks...

I had a pair of these before. Are they selling them again?

Yeah man, the whole marriage, thing is crazy expensive. That's why I'm siced my girl is so frugal. It's a top five reasons I love her. ?

2 minutes ago, Dont Taze Me Bro said:

NSFW - Explicit Lyrics

I always think about Stacy Dash when I hear his song.

11 minutes ago, Elessar78 said:

Yeah it'd be cool if we could stop raping the earth for silly pieces of rock.

We used to love the mining shows, I loved women being part of the engineering of a repair or replacement of a part, so I'm all about gold and other gems.  But  DeBeers has been letting people die in their pursuit of cornering the market. 

Reminds me of a few years ago when I told hubby what he got me for Valentines day. ...a '78 signed and authenticated Joe Theismann card, from right here on ES.

$20.  I have a piece of Redskins SB history,  the lowest paid QB in the league who eventually won it all. 

Best present "he" ever gave me, lol!

HAIL!

Archived