Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

22 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

IIIIIII LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU

BRAH-THAR LoooOOOOvvvveEEE

WWF Superstars back in the day, would be the last thing on TV for kids on Saturday mornings.  Watch hours of cartoons, then from 11am to 12pm, it was Mean Jean Okerlund and WWF Superstars.  Then some soap opera would come on at noon and it was time to go outside.  No internet!  It was all about riding bikes and building forts.

26 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

IIIIIII LOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE YOOOOOOOOOUUUUUU

Joking response to mark whoever that said an asshole is an asshole. I really don't love everybody. 

2 minutes ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

BRAH-THAR LoooOOOOvvvveEEE

WWF Superstars back in the day, would be the last thing on TV for kids on Saturday mornings.  Watch hours of cartoons, then from 11am to 12pm, it was Mean Jean Okerlund and WWF Superstars.  Then some soap opera would come on at noon and it was time to go outside.  No internet!  It was all about riding bikes and building forts.

The old lineup. Mean Gene, Gorilla Monsoon and I forget who else was on there

2 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

The old lineup. Mean Gene, Gorilla Monsoon and I forget who else was on there

Vince McMahon was an excellent play by play commentator.  When Bret Hart spit on him, and it occurred to all of us kids that he was the owner of the WWF, it was so weird.  It wasn't like some big awesome reveal...it was confusing.

Wait, the play by play guy owns this ****?  What?!?!?!?!?

Just now, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

Vince McMahon was an excellent play by play commentator.  When Bret Hart spit on him, and it occurred to all of us kids that he was the owner of the WWF, it was so weird.  It wasn't like some big awesome reveal...it was confusing.

Wait, the play by play guy owns this ****?  What?!?!?!?!?

If I recall, the cameras didn't even catch the spitting. I remember them quickly rushing to end the show, then as they were fding away, you could see Hart approaching Vinnie Mac ringside and making a motion, then black. I do remember the next night on Raw, though, and it was weird. He was just.... Gone. All of them were, even Owen Hart. I think Neidhart was still there. Just a weird place WWF was in for a bit. They also did that weird shoot interview with Vince and Jr, where vince looked like he just took a baseball bast to the face (he had been in a fight with Bret). Thankfully for them, The Rock stepped his game up, Stone Cold got more epic, DX went face, Vince debuted with his "Mr McMahon" character a few weeks later, and the rest was basically history

3 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I couldn't figure out why Stone Cold wanted to beat the **** out of the announcer for the life of me.

LOL.  McMahon is something else.  He's one of the best play by play guys ever, and was at the very least revolutionary at it.  So sharp and professional at it.  Then, it's revealed that he owns one of the biggest-booming companies in the world.  Then, he turns in to one of the greatest villians of all time, if not the greatest.  Hollywood Hogan, perhaps.

McMahon is still doing his thing.  Crazy.

5 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I couldn't figure out why Stone Cold wanted to beat the **** out of the announcer for the life of me.

I always wonder how much farther he could've gone, if it weren't for that piledriver. Maybe we're all better for it, because he wasn't around long enough for us to get tired of him.

1 minute ago, d0ublestr0ker0ll said:

LOL.  McMahon is something else.  He's one of the best play by play guys ever, and was at the very least revolutionary at it.  So sharp and professional at it.  Then, it's revealed that he owns one of the biggest-booming companies in the world.  Then, he turns in to one of the greatest villians of all time, if not the greatest.  Hollywood Hogan, perhaps.

McMahon is still doing his thing.  Crazy.

The Stunner Heard Around The World, I think its called. You can probbaly find it on YouTube. That rivalry changed wrestling forever

3 minutes ago, Mr. Sinister said:

If I recall, the cameras didn't even catch the spitting. I remember them quickly rushing to end the show, then as they were fding away, you could see Hart approaching Vinnie Mac ringside and making a motion, then black. I do remember the next night on Raw, though, and it was weird. He was just.... Gone. All of them were, even Owen Hart. I think Neidhart was still there. Just a weird place WWF was in for a bit. They also did that weird shoot interview with Vince and Jr, where vince looked like he just took a baseball bast to the face (he had been in a fight with Bret). Thankfully for them, The Rock stepped his game up, Stone Cold got more epic, DX went face, Vince debuted with his "Mr McMahon" character a few weeks later, and the rest was basically history

I think they did catch the spitting.  Over the top rope, McMahon wiped his face off.

Stone Cold is my favorite character ever.  Oddly enough, I didn't watch the WWF at that time.  Had to go back and rewatch all those episodes of RAW.  WCW and NWO is ALL I was about in the later 90s.

Then I started drinking beer, and Stone Cold became my beacon of hope.  If he can be a tough sum'b*tch while being tanked all the time, SO CAN I.

4 minutes ago, spjunkies said:

I wish they never changed SCSA from being this murderous psychopath.

He had me freaked out when he cut promos like this and destroyed Brian Pillman's ankle :D

I think they wanted to make him as heel and redneck trash as possible. The honestly in their wildest dreams didn't expect people to cheer for that maniac :ols:

8 hours ago, BornaSkinsFan83 said:

Holy **** I almost accidently texted a picture of my girlfriends boobs to my mom. That would've gotten real ugly. On multiple fronts. God bless 5-second send delays on texts

Accidentally text them to me

Ran 4 miles playing ball today. Feeling good.

7 hours ago, spjunkies said:

I wish they never changed SCSA from being this murderous psychopath.

He had me freaked out when he cut promos like this and destroyed Brian Pillman's ankle :D

I got Bryan's autograph (obviously before he passed) in the Bennigans I worked at, where I also met Jake the Snake, and countless Braves players.  They're all in a photo album.

7 hours ago, Mr. Sinister said:

I think they wanted to make him as heel and redneck trash as possible. The honestly in their wildest dreams didn't expect people to cheer for that maniac :ols:

and then the same fans cheered and voted in '16. 

My "redneck trashiness" only goes so far.:)

Just now, ixcuincle said:

I hate how difficult it is to adopt a dog. I have to fill in fifty forms and go through a background check just to get a pooch. It's not a weapon it's a dog. Just give me a dog.

I thought you were getting a kitty?

You need time and space for a dog.  Dogs are not for apartments, unless they're small ones...and from what you've posted about traffic problems...dogs aren't able to wait, where as kitties have indoor "facilities". 

Get a kitty.  Much easier, calm lovin', and flexibility with your schedule.

13 hours ago, PokerPacker said:

haha, I vote 3!

Yeah, I stopped entering his threads almost from the beginning because he threw so many of them out there at once when he first entered the tailgate.  Told him to cool it as it wasn't even the off-season yet.  I did kindly participate in Riggo's thread since he's not abusing it and because there was something that actually spurred its creation.

Make a poll : What is your favorite Ron78 thread ? :P

Love ya, Ron.....Brah-thar !

23 minutes ago, skinsmarydu said:

Get a kitty.  Much easier, calm lovin', and flexibility with your schedule.

Better off paying for a kitty when you want it.  Being tied down to one offers no flexibility with your schedule, they are not calm lovin' at all, and they require serious attention.  Plus they hate it when you play with other kitties. 

Just now, daveakl said:

Better off paying for a kitty when you want it.  Being tied down to one offers no flexibility with your schedule, they are not calm lovin' at all, and they require serious attention.  Plus they hate it when you play with other kitties. 

Good grief...but :ols:...

37 minutes ago, ixcuincle said:

I hate how difficult it is to adopt a dog. I have to fill in fifty forms and go through a background check just to get a pooch. It's not a weapon it's a dog. Just give me a dog.

I understand your frustration, but as someone who fostered dogs for over a decade, let me explain.

Both the most difficult and sad part of fostering as well as the most rewarding is finding a dog a forever home. Taking in dogs that have been abandoned, neglected, and occasionally even abused, it becomes imperative that the next owner will be able and wanting to keep and properly care for a dog I've been taking care of for months.

If I've had to bathe a dog twice a week in tea tree oil and oatmeal shampoo for four months because his previous owner was too feckless or cheap to feed him quality food to prevent skin allergies, I want to make sure whoever takes him isn't going to feed him Purina or some other crap and send him back into remission. If she fights with other dogs, I want her going to a single dog household.

One of my favorite fosters was returned a week later because even though the family said they loved him, when the couple's parents found out they said they wouldn't take care of a second dog when the couple went on vacation. After that fiasco, I added the question "Do you have someone who will take care of your dog(s) if you go on a trip?"

My wife once considered letting one of her friends who was in the reserves adopt one of our dogs...until she learned her friend was going to have the dog boarded any time she got deployed.

10 minutes ago, daveakl said:

Dear Penthouse,

Archived