Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Yeah man, great show. Last season is on mid-season break right now, can't wait for it to come back and get the series wrapped up.

I've been watching for a few months now on Netflix. Season 3 was a little dull but season 4 has really ramped up. All I have left is the finale and then it's off to season 5.

Peggy quit in the episode before last which was really well acted. And then Layne decided to off himself! It's all Donald's fault. Crazy.

So I take it that there is season 5 and then season 6 follows the same "two part" set up as Breaking Bad.

Oh, and since I'm bringing up chicks making music...

Really like that new(ish) Paramore song Ain't It Fun. Catchy as ****.

You'd think that Christians would be a little more giving...

Not if bammas making millions off of something I made thousands off of.

Let me catch somebody stealing my beat and making money off of it... they're going yo pay.

I've been watching for a few months now on Netflix. Season 3 was a little dull but season 4 has really ramped up. All I have left is the finale and then it's off to season 5.

Oh, and since I'm bringing up chicks making music...

Man, that is a good song. I think somebody posted the video for that song on here before.

Peggy quit in the episode before last which was really well acted. And then Layne decided to off himself! It's all Donald's fault. Crazy.

So I take it that there is season 5 and then season 6 follows the same "two part" set up as Breaking Bad.

There are 6 seasons, season 7 showed 7 episodes, then pulled a breaking bad and won't be back until spring 2015 with the final 7 episodes, which is just stupid if you ask me.  Make everyone wait almost a year to see the second half of a season.

I'm just messin with you since you are our resident Christian rap enthusiast. Plus, Dark Horse is kinda the ****. ;)

There are 6 seasons, season 7 showed 7 episodes, then pulled a breaking bad and won't be back until spring 2015 with the final 7 episodes, which is just stupid if you ask me.  Make everyone wait almost a year to see the second half of a season.

Gotcha.

That's what I meant to say. I'm watching season 5 now and Netflix has one more. Then I'll have to wait I suppose.

I'm just messin with you since you are our resident Christian rap enthusiast. Plus, Dark Horse is kinda the ****. ;)

Gotcha.

That's what I meant to say. I'm watching season 5 now and Netflix has one more. Then I'll have to wait I suppose.

Yeah, they will run a marathon before the new episodes hit, so you should be good.

Paramore is one of my favorite bands right now.

My playlist right now is Paramore, 2Pac, Demonhunter, Stone Temple Pilots, Death Punch, Zac Brown Band and Eluveitie.

Just awesome.

(yes I'm a little wierd)

I was going to say, that's a very diverse playlist.

I usually listen to only one style of music on one specific day, then I'll listen to a different style on a different day. Really it goes by phases to be quite honest. I'll listen to one style for a month, then a different style on the next month, then a different style for three months, then back to the second style for two months. I'm weird like that.

Usually it's...

New rap

Old rap

Newish rock (or what I would describe as indie)

Alternative rock (mostly 90's, early 00's)

Classic rock

Heavy rock (late 90's, 00's)

Electronic but never dub step

Pop (whatever that is)

Then sometimes I'll go on binges of artists themselves.

I was listening to J Cole earlier today, trying to get into his stuff. Like his lyrics.

My buddy is industrial/goth/death metal guy.

(As an aside, he is absolutely awesome with my kids, that is why we have dubbed him 'uncle')

I always just assumed that the screaming (growl) was because they couldn't sing.  Man, what an ass I was.

Mostly, I spread my music out like you described above, but lately I've mixed it up and as wierd as it sounds, it has worked for me.

Music is amazing, the world is such a better place because of it.

I've been rocking with Troy Ave heavy lately. He is so pure NYC, I love his style.

Straight Mobb Deep/Capone n Noreaga feel. Gritty and Hood....yet he's got wordplay for days and I like his delivery. His beats also feel very "mid 90's New York City"

I probably have the most random taste in music. My daily playlist consists of the following:

Toad the Wet Sprocket

Matchbox 20

The Cure

Feist

Morrissey/The Smiths

Genesis/Phil Collins

Richard Ashcroft

Doesn't look very random to me, looks quite emo. I see a lot of similarities in all of those artists

I've been rocking with Troy Ave heavy lately. He is so pure NYC, I love his style.

Straight Mobb Deep/Capone n Noreaga feel. Gritty and Hood....yet he's got wordplay for days and I like his delivery. His beats also feel very "mid 90's New York City"

I've been blasting me some Tupac, T.I., Twisted Sister, Motley Crue, Eminem Marshall Mathers LP2 lately. I was into some 2 Chainz for a while.  What's some new **** that is good?

Doesn't look very random to me, looks quite emo. I see a lot of similarities in all of those artists

Lol crap you're right it used to be much more random now that I look at it.  it used to have folks like Jane's Addiction, nwa, Too Short and old school rap but I've moved away from that for some reason.

Remember when Wale was that underground rapper that was championed by ES?

I miss the old Wale. Nike Boots, Waledance, Mixtape About Nothing. I miss that guy. Now he's all Wakka Flakka 2 Chainz blah.

You know what's great about Sienfeld?

Every time there is an episode on, within 1 minute of tuning in there is that "oh this is the episode when..." moment.

Right now, Cramer is the Moviephone guy on the CW.

My buddy is industrial/goth/death metal guy.

(As an aside, he is absolutely awesome with my kids, that is why we have dubbed him 'uncle')

I always just assumed that the screaming (growl) was because they couldn't sing. Man, what an ass I was.

Mostly, I spread my music out like you described above, but lately I've mixed it up and as wierd as it sounds, it has worked for me.

Music is amazing, the world is such a better place because of it.

I still absolutely despise the sound of growled metal vocals. They're so bad it makes me laugh. But I would never use that as a reason to argue that they can't sing. It's a conscious choice. I just hate it.

If anyone wants a map of my music tastes, I have a profile here:

https://rateyourmusic.com/~Traviud

I mean, I really do listen to nearly everything.

Remember when Wale was that underground rapper that was championed by ES?

I miss the old Wale. Nike Boots, Waledance, Mixtape About Nothing. I miss that guy. Now he's all Wakka Flakka 2 Chainz blah.

He was never great. Most of the world still has no idea who he is.

Seriously.

Listened to some of Wale's song. Had to YouTube it. It was OK from what I heard, nothing special.

I really want to like Wale. We haven't had a rapper to rep DC, like ever... and Wale does that in spades. Closest we've had was Neptunes and The Clipse but they were more SE VA than DC.

Archived