Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Like clowns, I've always found mascots fairly creepy, or irritating. I remember sleeping over at my cousins house years ago. Dude had a lifesize Big Bird sitting in the corner of his room near the window.

When the streetlights/moonlight would shine through the window, illuminating it, it made you feel like it was watching you while you slept.

I also remember having nightmares about a specific Chuck E Cheese mascot. The name escapes me...

Birdy the early bird.

The mascot with down syndrome.

I also remember having nightmares about a specific Chuck E Cheese mascot. The name escapes me...

Bob

---------- Post added July-9th-2012 at 12:47 AM ----------

I have watched leatherback and hook bill turtles lay eggs on the beach, 3 times this week. It's amazing.

The leatherback I saw last night was probably 5 feet long and 2/3 feet high, 200 lbs and maybe 100 years old.

Karma strikes

Mocked the DC denizens for their 100 degree heat wave but it's been 80 here. Can't sleep in this sweltering heat :(

At least when it's cold you can just go under the covers

---------- Post added July-9th-2012 at 09:51 AM ----------

Reading Twitter before I have to head out to work, and Schefter says that a Baylor WR is available in supplemental draft. Should Redskins get him? Would be nice to reunited him with RG3.

Why is it, in the Stadium I only see about 15 threads and can't change pages?
I've got the same thing going on...

Try hitting "Settings" at the very top right of the screen.

Then down the left side of the page look for "General Settings" link.

Then scroll down until you see "Default Thread Age Cut Off:". You can then edit how far back you want threads to be shown. That should give you more threads to look through.

Just getting tomatoes ripe from the garden this week, we had Mexican tonight. I made my awesome salsa :cool:

Cilantro, cored tomatoes, red onion, lime, kosher salt, jalapeño, olive oil

:hungry:

And, for the coup de gras, took the above and mixed it with fresh avocados for some guacamole

Will have enough left over for omelettes tomorrow night... Salsa on top of sharp cheddar omelette

I love summer garden food

Dammit, I was talking on the Taco Bell scale. You can't bring real food into this discussion!

Also, yesterday I was at Target shopping for some curtain rods. This lady randomly came up to me and said she just found a curtain rod very similar to the one in my cart, for half the price across the street at Wal-Mart. For a moment I contemplated going over there, then I thought that a trip to Wal-Mart is definitely NOT worth saving $8. Now I wonder what my threshold would be....Maybe $50?

Dammit, I was talking on the Taco Bell scale. You can't bring real food into this discussion!

Also, yesterday I was at Target shopping for some curtain rods. This lady randomly came up to me and said she just found a curtain rod very similar to the one in my cart, for half the price across the street at Wal-Mart. For a moment I contemplated going over there, then I thought that a trip to Wal-Mart is definitely NOT worth saving $8. Now I wonder what my threshold would be....Maybe $50?

I refuse to shop at Wal mart unless it is an emergency, or unless I can drop my wife off at the front door while she runs in and gets something.

I just can't take it. Every time I shop there I lose faith in humanity.

I refuse to shop at Wal mart unless it is an emergency, or unless I can drop my wife off at the front door while she runs in and gets something.

Yea I went for Halloween costume shopping two years ago, and I'm pretty sure that was my 2nd time stepping foot in one since 2006.

Me, too. I worked for Target many years ago, and know how much they give back to communities.

They also now have a loyalty program of a % of cash back when paying with a Target credit card, or pre-paid Visa card they offer.

The only thing Walmart will ever do is send our money and jobs to China...oh, and hang on to their ****load of money rather than helping local neighborhoods.:mad:

OK, I have to share. Went for a doctor test today...the lady who did my registration asked me for my e-mail, so I said "skins", and she stopped me and asked,"skins?" and I explained "Redskins", and she said, "I used to date a former player..." Of course I asked who, she says Ricky Ervins!!

I almost fell outta the chair. Needless to say, it took forever to finish my registration because we talked football. She said she bumped into him and his wife a few years ago ON A CRUISE...has a great family, she said she thinks he has 5 kids now.

Cool day. And my preventive test didn't cost a dime, no copay, either. Love the ACA.

Hail!

I love Walmart, haven't had a single problem ever.

There's one down the street from me, and it's a damn nightmare, I try not to ever go there right when I get off work, because it's literally like walking into a refugee camp after some huge environmental disaster.

Little to no organization, random dudes mean-mugging you before you walk in like I'm supposed to be intimidated, hobos sitting on the bench asking for money, a bunch of people yelling, little kids running around just begging to get hit by someone with a shopping cart, people in general who seem to have not grasped the concept of looking where they're walking, not enough lanes being open when the place is a ****ing madhouse, etc.

Then when I finally get to the cash register, I'm literally outraged to the point of exhaustion, only for some pissed off 4'11 lady that's been working a 12 hour shift to say "Sir, sir, there's another lane open. Excuse me sir, do you hear me?" Like I'm really going to get out of line and head to another cash register when I'm next, only to have to powerwalk past some super soccermom and her loaded cart, and probably have to wait in line behind 2 more people. Waldorf is a ****hole anyway, but a Wal-Mart in Waldorf is like 3x worse.

Wal*Mart blows.

Commando is on, and I turned it on right at my favorite part- when they are raiding the armory and Arnold gets the rocket launcher. I don't know what it is about that part and that rocket launcher I love so much.

It was nothing specifically. He just really grates my nerves. I listened to the last 15 mins or so waiting for Kevin and Rock to come on. When he talks I feel like the scene in step brothers where the guy keeps telling Will Ferrell, "it's something about your face, I don't like it." I feel that way about his voice and opinions haha

Archived