Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Was pulling out of Wal-Mart at 7 AM and heard "Call me Maybe" on the radio

http://xfinity.comcast.net/blogs/tv/files/2012/04/gordon-ramsay-hothead-300.jpg

Awful, auto-tuned garbage.

haterafrican.jpg

I am not that big of a movie watcher. I might try to watch them before school start backs up, but I always say that. :silly:

Yeah, seeing as how each movie is over 3 hours (and even close to 4 hours with the extended edition) you probably won't be watching it anytime soon. :ols:

*Edit, for some reason, I have become less of a movie watcher myself. I start to get fidgety after certain points in the movie, because I don't think I can sit still for that long anymore without getting bored. I have to watch bits and pieces of it. 30 minutes here, 30 minutes there...that sort of thing. That all changes if you're watching it with someone else, or you're at the movie theater.

One thing I never felt comfortable with in LOTR was some of the bromance scenes between Sam/Frodo. "I'm glad I'm with you Samwise...here at the end of all things." Just seeing the twinkle in their eyes when they looked at each other every time, made me really want to hit that fast forward button.

---------- Post added July-11th-2012 at 10:32 AM ----------

Never seen LOTR either never finished Lion King I could do this all day. I also haven't watched tv in 2 weeks feels good.

I can understand LOTR. This, however, is unacceptable. When that movie came out on VHS, I probably watched it everyday for a solid six months, seriously.

Never seen LOTR either

Inexcusable. I'm deleting you off my PS3 friends list.

What's good Ooey Gooey Huey? I'm trying to get back on that battlefield cuzzo!

---------- Post added July-11th-2012 at 09:36 AM ----------

One thing I never felt comfortable with in LOTR was some of the bromance scenes between Sam/Frodo.

Things did get a little weird sometimes between those two :ols:

I had a long standing friend confess to me he's never seen any Star Wars film a few weeks back. Just like that. Out of the blue. Over a beer. Killed the whole bar DEAD. I was ashamed as much as I was shocked and embarrassed. Over 20 years I've known Mike, and it all seems such a fraudulent exercise with that non-human revelation.

It's lead to some serious soul-searching and just where I go in this relationship, I can tell ya'.

Hail.

I had a long standing friend confess to me he's never seen any Star Wars film a few weeks back. Just like that. Out of the blue. Over a beer. Killed the whole bar DEAD. I was ashamed as much as I was shocked and embarrassed. Over 20 years I've known Mike, and it all seem such a fraudulent exercise with that non-human revelation.

It's lead to some serious soul-searching and just where I go in this relationship, I can tell ya'.

Hail.

sign.jpg

I am of the opinion that anyone who hasn't seen the original Star Wars trilogy should be thrown off the highest cliff that this planet can offer.

No arguments there. Next thing you know, somebody will say they've never seen Goonies...

So the girl I been seeing texted me she was feeling absolutely awful on Sunday night. She said she'd give me text Monday when hopefully she would be feeling better. So Monday no text. Now I didn't think that was extremely troubling until that afternoon I just got this weird feeling while at work. This feeling something was wrong(I can't explain it). So I texted my bud like dude I think somethings really wrong and I think shes in the hospital or something. He's just like , "What makes you think that?" I'm like I dont know. So I text her and sure enough no response. So I text her tues morning and then about 20 mins later I get text from her number. Its her mom(keep in mind we haven't met yet). She told me she was just brought for surgery. Apparently it was some kind of thing from strep throat over the years that had spread out to the rest of the body. She left her phone with her mom with instructions to tell me how she was doing. So now I'm here at work with no info and haven't heard anything since her's mom text yesterday morning(Oh and basically very very little sleep).

Did I ask him? After I'd nearly choked to death on my beer, and picked myself up of the floor, it was most all the topic of conversation the rest of the night. Even when we'd moved on to something else, the other three would invariably end whatever sentence with a stern yet quizickle, aghast look and " ..... Star Wars? SERIOUSLY? " or something stronger. He could of told us he was secretly having a relationship with a baboon and gotten less ridicule.

The only (lame) explanation was a generic 'I've just never managed to either catch one, or had the inclination." And to make matters worse, the dudes got kids. This has to come under some sort of child abuse law.

Why? Why would you even admit that to another living soul?

Hail.

So the girl I been seeing texted me she was feeling absolutely awful on Sunday night....

Damn that's awful. I can get strep in a blink of the eye, but I've never had surgery for it. On the tiny little bright side, at least she told her mom to keep you updated. Are y'all close enough that you could visit or send flowers or a balloon or something?

I was going to post this as a random thought before reading Richmond's post: one of my dogs is having ACL surgery tomorrow. He's older, about 9 or 10, but he doesn't act like it. I'm still worried. And now I feel bad because RR posted about a girl with a serious problem having surgery, but I was the one who rescued my dog and he's obviously very special to me. I know it's not a crazy serious surgery, but still. And my mom had surgery 2 Mondays ago (she is recovering well so far) and then on Friday my uncle was unexpectedly taken to Walter Reed for personal issues. And one of my neighbors whose family that my family has known for about 20 years had a stroke the night of the big storm. He's doing a lot better and his brain has stopped bleeding and he is able to talk now, but it's just scary.

Any thoughts or prayers from any of y'all just that everyone can recover and be okay would be much appreciated. Sometimes things are out of our control, but it's so frustrating. This is just a lot at one time, it's seriously ridiculous. Anyway, kind of just needed to get this out of my head. Thanks, people =)

Damn that's awful. I can get strep in a blink of the eye, but I've never had surgery for it. On the tiny little bright side, at least she told her mom to keep you updated. Are y'all close enough that you could visit or send flowers or a balloon or something?

Thats the worse thing. we're just over a hour apart but I don't know what hospital. All I know is she was in for surgery(her mom said it included taking out the tonsils). I knew something was seriously wrong monday afternoon. That's why when her mom told me it was more of confirmation than a shock. I wish someone would tell me what the heck is going on. I texted her phone hoping her mom would respond but her mom's text previously said she wouldn't read private convos between us. Well please read this one, I don't mind.

(I hope everything goes well with your dogs surgery)

" ..... Star Wars? SERIOUSLY? " or something stronger.

I was thinking that he should be convicted of some sort of victimless crime. But then I thought about it....he is actually the victim. A victim of his own crime.

He should sue his parents.

I was thinking that he should be convicted of some sort of victimless crime. But then I thought about it....he is actually the victim. A victim of his own crime.

He should sue his parents.

:ols: As I alluded to over the page, the fact he himself has two young kids has us all seriously worried for their future in that household. If it apes his own, Star Warsless childhood, then surely it has to come under serious child abuse?

Honestly, you never seriously know someone like you think when they can just drop the bomb out of nowhere on you. The fact that the other three of us there that night all grew up together and spent many hours having numerous adventures and battles with our SW's toys just compounded the feeling of utter disbelief.

Hail.

Sorry not sorry to be the ***** here, but could we please refrain from joking about rape?

I don't think you're being a *****. I took offense to this as I do when people constantly say "so and so raped me in this" when referring to things that have to do with competition or a failed test etc etc... Perhaps people who joke about it should seriously consider how women who have been raped feel about comments such as these. Maybe then they will realize how inconsiderate these comments truly are. Zoony, I know you didn't mean it in a serious way, but I just find it to be callous and inappropriate. There are other ways to express a great dislike for things (waking up being cold and stubbing toes- and I usually end up running into walls as well) than comparing it to a serious issue such as rape. And Ion, I really don't think that's funny. I'm sure there are plenty of girls who like anal...when they consent to it. Not asking for an apology, or accusing any of you for being okay with rape, because I know none of you think it's acceptable, and I'm not trying to say that AT ALL, so don't think I am attacking you for that. I'm just asking people to try and be a bit more considerate.

Thats the worse thing. we're just over a hour apart but I don't know what hospital. All I know is she was in for surgery(her mom said it included taking out the tonsils). I knew something was seriously wrong monday afternoon. That's why when her mom told me it was more of confirmation than a shock. I wish someone would tell me what the heck is going on. I texted her phone hoping her mom would respond but her mom's text previously said she wouldn't read private convos between us. Well please read this one, I don't mind.

(I hope everything goes well with your dogs surgery)

Thanks for the doggie wishes. Maybe you should try calling her mom? Although part of the reason she may not be responding is because you're not supposed to have phones on in the hospital...not a sermon, just a thought.

I don't think you're being a *****. I took offense to this as I do when people constantly say "so and so raped me in this" when referring to things that have to do with competition or a failed test etc etc... Perhaps people who joke about it should seriously consider how women who have been raped feel about comments such as these. Maybe then they will realize how inconsiderate these comments truly are. Zoony, I know you didn't mean it in a serious way, but I just find it to be callous and inappropriate. There are other ways to express a great dislike for things (waking up being cold and stubbing toes- and I usually end up running into walls as well) than comparing it to a serious issue such as rape. And Ion, I really don't think that's funny. I'm sure there are plenty of girls who like anal...when they consent to it. Not asking for an apology, or accusing any of you for being okay with rape, because I know none of you think it's acceptable, and I'm not trying to say that AT ALL, so don't think I am attacking you for that. I'm just asking people to try and be a bit more considerate.

Thanks. I 100% agree and actually PM'd a mod about the same issue a couple months back when I noticed people using it in that context.

Archived