Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

There is this hilariously bad story going viral on facebook.

1. The student isn't Einstein.

2. The student isn't Einstein because this story is made up.

3. Whoever made this story couldn't pass elementary school science.

Herd mentality on facebook wins again. People don't care about fact checking anymore.

A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!”

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

”How old is this rock, pinhead?”

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

”Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears.

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Small Government” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi.

A liberal muslim homosexual ACLU lawyer professor and abortion doctor was teaching a class on Karl Marx, known atheist

”Before the class begins, you must get on your knees and worship Marx and accept that he was the most highly-evolved being the world has ever known, even greater than Jesus Christ!”

At this moment, a brave, patriotic, pro-life Navy SEAL champion who had served 1500 tours of duty and understood the necessity of war and fully supported all military decision made by the United States stood up and held up a rock.

The arrogant professor smirked quite Jewishly and smugly replied “4.6 billion years, you stupid Christian”

”Wrong. It’s been 5,000 years since God created it. If it was 4.6 billion years old and evolution, as you say, is real… then it should be an animal now”

The professor was visibly shaken, and dropped his chalk and copy of Origin of the Species. He stormed out of the room crying those liberal crocodile tears.

The students applauded and all registered Republican that day and accepted Jesus as their lord and savior. An eagle named “Small Government” flew into the room and perched atop the American Flag and shed a tear on the chalk. The pledge of allegiance was read several times, and God himself showed up and enacted a flat tax rate across the country.

The professor lost his tenure and was fired the next day. He died of the gay plague AIDS and was tossed into the lake of fire for all eternity.

Semper Fi.

There is this hilariously bad story going viral on facebook.

1. The student isn't Einstein.

2. The student isn't Einstein because this story is made up.

3. Whoever made this story couldn't pass elementary school science.

Herd mentality on facebook wins again. People don't care about fact checking anymore.

Post any random thought you care too, with one excepton. NO POLITICS OR RELIGION!!!!! Hijacking of thread is perfectly acceptable so long as NO POLITICS OR RELIGION!!!!! Post anything you want, but for the love of mankind, please no POLITICS OR RELIGION.

Do people really care about First Take? I haven't watched that since I was in college. Aren't most people at work while its on?

Well, if your job is to attract viewers at a time when most folks re at work, then you try to attract people who aren't at work.

Well, if your job is to attract viewers at a time when most folks re at work, then you try to attract people who aren't at work.

Well I guess they do that with their crazy antics. I guess I can't believe how many people pay attention to that show and Skip Bayless.

Semper Fi.

well, my day is made :rotflmao:

Do people really care about First Take? I haven't watched that since I was in college. Aren't most people at work while its on?

I have a belief that a high number of Dallas Cowboy fans are unemployed and the reason ESPN shows them so much love.

Yes, they are. That's the beauty of working a 4-10s schedule. I work 10 hours a day Tues-Fri, off every Monday. Every single weekend is a 3-day weekend for me. :)

As to unusual work schedules:

Once, long ago, I was briefly on a volunteer rescue squad. So, I spent a lot of time sitting around a fire station.

It's an interesting problem, how to design a work schedule to cover 24-7.

The way the firefighters did it was, they had three shifts, and they changed shifts every day at 8AM. (24 hour shifts). (Yes, they slept on duty. If there was a fire, the radio would sound an alarm and wake them).

Now, as I understand it, most places that do the 24 hour shifts take the calendar, and they assign each day to a shift on a rotating basis. Every shift is on duty for 24 hours, then off for 48.

But, Chesapeake did things a bit differently. Their calendar followed a "week" (that started on a Monday), where the shift on duty went like "ABCABAB". (And the next week would be "CABCACA", then "BCABCBC").

This ment that, two weeks out of three, "A" shift would work every other day, Th-Sun. But that every third week, they'd get a five-day weekend.

----------

Now, OTOH, one of my coworkers was dating a Chesapeake police officer. And she explained the way their shifts worked.

Obviously, cops can't do 24 hour shifts. Their job doesn't involve sitting around the fire station, waiting for the radio to go off. So the cops divide each day into three shifts, and the task is to design a system to assign people to those shifts.

Now, if they allowed senior people to pick their shifts, you'd get a situation where all the senior cops worked 9-5, M-F, and the 3AM weekends were entirely rookies. So they needed a way to assign people to the undesirable shifts.

Their solution was to have every officer work day shift, 7 days in a row. Then 3 days off. Then 7 nights, and 3 off. Then 6 graveyard, and 3days off.

This struck me as the suckiest work schedule imaginable.

It means that you will NEVER get used to your work shift.

It also means, as his GF explained to me, that his "3 days off" only fall on the weekends something like once a month. And that 2/3 of THOSE, he's of the night or graveyard shifts.

(Makes scheduling court appearances fun, too).

Yes, they are. That's the beauty of working a 4-10s schedule. I work 10 hours a day Tues-Fri, off every Monday. Every single weekend is a 3-day weekend for me. :)

I would love to do 4-10s. Working Friday through Monday and having Tues-Thurs off would be my ideal schedule.

I would love to do 4-10s. Working Friday through Monday and having Tues-Thurs off would be my ideal schedule.

You'd prefer to be off in the middle of the week? WHat about hanging out with friends and family on weekends? Would you just prefer to be able to run errands and do stuff while things aren't crowded during the week?

Never worked 4 10 hour shifts, but just recently I have started working from home once or twice a week...Makes work SOOO much more enjoyable. I am going to look at full time remote jobs in the future. I am not a hermit, but the tasks of waking up, getting ready and dealing with commutes to work are no fun.

I don't think I could work 4-10s. I struggle when I have to stay 8.5 hours to make up time. I guess it depends on the kind of work you do. I have a lot of super slow days followed by some super busy days. If those slow days were stretched to 10 hours I'd be miserable. 3-day weekends are very appealing though :)

You don't think that would be a problem during football season?

Good point. That's the only issue I can see.

You'd prefer to be off in the middle of the week? What about hanging out with friends and family on weekends? Would you just prefer to be able to run errands and do stuff while things aren't crowded during the week?

Yep, I love being able to take care of business without putting up with the crowds. It's also nice that everything is actually open during the week. It amazes me how many businesses close early on Saturdays and aren't open at all on Sundays.

On the rare day that I take off work, I feel like I'm in an episode of the Twilight Zone. No 6 hour wait at the DMV, I don't have to drive 90mph to make it to the bank before it closes at 5, my pizza is actually ready in 10 minutes, there are available parking spaces, and the independently-owned stores are open for business.

I'm not exactly a party animal anyway. If there was something that I absolutely had to do on the weekend, I guess I could always take a day off.

Archived