Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/food/beer-madness-final-round-our-first-canned-champ/2012/04/09/gIQAjHTV8S_story.html

More than 4,800 miles separate the two finalists of the 32, all-American craft brews of Beer Madness 2012: Coconut Porter from Maui Brewing in Lahaina, Hawaii, and Exit 4 from Flying Fish Brewing in Cherry Hill, N.J.

But only one vote decided the winner.

Coconut Porter in previous rounds thumped the opposition with scores of 8-1, 8-1, 6-3. Yet it barely squeaked by last year’s champion, 5-4. It thus became the first canned beer to wear the Beer Madness crown.

Coconut and beer? Undisputed champ there. Everyone try it now

Takei's fb posts are the perfect combination of informative, poignant and highly entertaining.

Actually, I've noticed, lately, though, that he posts a joke, and he gets like 6,000 comments from people trying to turn it into a political fight. (And being terribly rude about it, and insulting people who disagree with them, and all.)

Folks, he posts jokes.

2. (Ninja text below)

The "question" is "how many circles does this number have?" 6's, 9's, and 0's have one circle. 8's have 2. Every other digit has none.

This. Spent so long trying to debug it or translate the "code" until it was pointed out to me somewhere else. :ols:

I never thought waiting for a callback (either way) after an interview would be so stressful. I mean, I am currently employed but I really want this position. Ive spent the past week disecting the interview and what I could have said differently. I am doing almost the exact same work now and it would be an ideal fit, with better benefits and more money. Im qualified, have certifications and training... Interviewed on the second, job posting closed on the tenth. I know im being impatient, but with my wife supposed to be going into labor next week, Im just anxious to know either way.

Just don't pick up. Everyone who calls the landline here is a telemarketer nowadays. I stopped picking up a long time ago. If you want to reach me, you call the cell.

What I hate the most is when I'm trying to watch the news and eat dinner at 6:30...then some jerk calls. I don't even have to leave my seat to know it's some annoying telemarketer, just let it ring.

Just don't pick up. Everyone who calls the landline here is a telemarketer nowadays. I stopped picking up a long time ago. If you want to reach me, you call the cell.

What I hate the most is when I'm trying to watch the news and eat dinner at 6:30...then some jerk calls. I don't even have to leave my seat to know it's some annoying telemarketer, just let it ring.

So that's it? The only way I can protect myself from criminals entering my house, is to not have a telephone?

(I've seriously considered getting rid of the land line. I only use it for outgoing calls, anyway. (I find the larger handset easier to use than my tiny little iPhone, and it's more reliable.) But, my internet connection is DSL. If I drop the phone, but keep DSL, then my bill actually goes up. My alternative is to go to a cable modem, and go through the cost and the conversion hassle.)

Archived