Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Sorry, fart jokes are never old, but the best ones are the unsaid ones everybody experiences. As everyone tries to discreetly cover their nose, nobody says a word trying to be polite or business like or... Sorry, those jokes never get old. However, the joke is everyone else's reactions. That said, my oldest dog's "joke" clear the area very well.

http://i.imgur.com/1qFs1.jpg

Regarding the draft, I'll usually watch up to the Redskins pick, and maybe a couple of picks after. By then I lose interest and I'd rather hop on ES and discuss the pick and laugh at all the people who go full retard about who we pick(one way or another).

Regarding BBT, it's a good show. I don't think it's quite as funny as it was a couple of years ago but most shows tend to peak around season 2-3 ish and decline a bit after and BBT is in season 5 right now. Still it's one of the best shows on TV. The humor really isn't nerdy at all. The characters are mostly nerds, sure, but now they do more normal stuff as opposed to previous seasons where it was mostly awkward nerds interacting with super hot Penny humor. The guy who plays Howard is really underrated, he cracks me up everytime. And of course, Sheldon is the bomb and is probably going to be this generation's Cosmo Cramer.

I was driving home listening to the Sports Chicks and they were talking about whether RG3 would be the best DC sports figure in a long time. He would, but don't assume he can just come in here and succeed. He will get a ton of love, but can he handle it to become a successful franchise quarterback? That's not a given. It's unknown whether he can mesh with the Shanahan's offense and their love for running the football. What would happen to Royster / Helu when Griffin comes? What will the playcalling be like? Can Griffin learn the allegedly complicated Shanahan playbook?

I was driving home listening to the Sports Chicks and they were talking about whether RG3 would be the best DC sports figure in a long time. He would, but don't assume he can just come in here and succeed. He will get a ton of love, but can he handle it to become a successful franchise quarterback? That's not a given. It's unknown whether he can mesh with the Shanahan's offense and their love for running the football. What would happen to Royster / Helu when Griffin comes? What will the playcalling be like? Can Griffin learn the allegedly complicated Shanahan playbook?

As QB of the Redskins, if RG3 lived up to the hype here he would be a godlike figure. I mean guys like Ovie and Strasburg are insanely popular but they wouldn't even be in the same universe as RG3 IF he lived up to the hype.

Can he succeed? Nobody knows. So much has to go right for a QB to do well. They say it takes a village to raise a kid, well you could say the same about QB.

I think the Big Bang Theory is pretty good. No, its definitely not Seinfeld, but its better than most crap on today.

I really wanted to like Big Bang Theory. I was promised it was true "nerd culture" humor, but it ended up being watered down and half-baked.

Facebook tells me that Mr. Spock has agreed to be a guest on a future BBT.

The premise if pretty funny actually.

Spoiler in black below this...

Nimoy is voicing a Spock action figure that Sheldon thinks is talking to him.

Not sure why...but BBT is the only true comedy I watch these days (especially once Better off Ted got cancelled a few years back). Nothing else seems to appeal to me.

The Redskins haven't really had a godlike quarterback since Theissman, or maybe if you listened to 980 today, Baugh

I don't think Theismann was godlike by any means... But he was a very good QB for us.

Baugh was outstanding, but it was in a different era. One of the best Redskins in our history, if not the best, but it was a different era.

In the modern era, we haven't had a true elite franchise QB that was sustained.

I want one. :ols:

I don't think Theismann was godlike by any means... But he was a very good QB for us.

Baugh was outstanding, but it was in a different era. One of the best Redskins in our history, if not the best, but it was a different era.

In the modern era, we haven't had a true elite franchise QB that was sustained.

I want one. :ols:

He was the last DC athlete to win MVP before Ovechkin in 2008 and 2009.

Which is what I said earlier. I hope the Shanahans don't ruin this. There is so much that they could do wrong raising Griffin. If they ruin him, they can get out of town.

Kyle Shanahan and Griffin is not exactly a pretty sight.

---------- Post added March-1st-2012 at 06:38 PM ----------

Britt McHenry <3

http://www.ontaponline.com/2012/03/01/slam-dunk-q-a-with-britt-mchenry/

:ols:

Police: Man aims at ghost, nearly shoots neighbor

About 4 a.m. this morning, a frightened woman phoned police to her apartment in the 9600 block of Walnut Street to report a bullet hole in her wall, about five feet from where she'd been sleeping.

Shortly thereafter, according to a police report, the woman's neighbor came out of his apartment with a gun in his waistband.

He was taken into custody, and then to a psychiatric hospital after reportedly telling police "he was trying to shoot his dead ex-wife."

wtf is nerd culture? comics? I personally wish they would go more in detail about their jobs.

I agree, I like the show as it is but if they added a lot more intellectual stuff than just the humor parts I think it would improve the show. The only issue is that the average person probably wouldn't understand the Physics/Engineering related stuff.

Archived