Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Is there any reason to why Tailgate posts don't count towards your post count? Simply because it isn't football related?

Huge backstory about avatars and AHFB and Rince's Steel Cage Match...

Basically the people who were posting in the stadium all the time yet never in the Tailgate got butthurt that some tailgate regulars were getting the better avatars easier because we have this thread, another basically chat thread, etc. So then the mods decided that Stadium posts would count and the less interesting, less creative **** stepchild of the site shouldn't count. We were angry, and now we bring it up in jest every now and again when a crappy thread is started in the stadium.

Basically the people who were posting in the stadium all the time yet never in the Tailgate got butthurt that some tailgate regulars were getting the better avatars easier because we have this thread, another basically chat thread, etc. So then the mods decided that Stadium posts would count and the less interesting, less creative **** stepchild of the site shouldn't count. We were angry, and now we bring it up in jest every now and again when a crappy thread is started in the stadium.

Well, when you stop and think about it...

This is a football forum... And without that, the Tailgate wouldn't exist in this form...

After watching "The Change Up" last night, I did some google searching about those boobs. Turns out those weren't Leslie Mann's boobs at all, but all CGI trickery.

The discovery ruined my whole day. :(

---------- Post added March-2nd-2012 at 06:54 AM ----------

Oh, and LOL @ people caring about post counts...

I agree, I like the show as it is but if they added a lot more intellectual stuff than just the humor parts I think it would improve the show. The only issue is that the average person probably wouldn't understand the Physics/Engineering related stuff.

Agreed. Plus wasn't that kind of the point of penny? To explain complex ideas in to the average dumb American. Wish they would go back to that. A lot of the jokes seem to be sexual in nature now.

As usual, some members "account" of ES history is more inaccurate than not. But people will believe it.:)

It's one of those fundamental and powerful dynamics that what makes the world the way it is. :D

I had to edit this, IONTOP, cuz I misread and thought it was IHOP making the comments, so I was harder busting on him, given the context. :)

My apologies. :)

And IHOP, given your past proclivities in political threads, you appearing to indict anyone over being "butthurt" about anything is pretty ****ing funny, mi amigo. ;)

But, I hardly ever venture into political threads...

Aargh... Pandora is pissing me off lately... They will play one genre for 5 songs, then another genre for another 5, rinse and repeat...

I've got a collection of mainstream, lesser known artists, and completely unique bands like Bad Religion, Dropkick Murphys, Nas and Damageplan

So I'll listen, like right now, and get a bunch of overplayed mainstream songs because I liked the Killers, the songs that have played since I've logged in?

Seether ft Amy Lee - Broken

Godsmack - Speak

Three Days Grace - I hate everything about you

Five Finger Death Punch - Bad Company

Finally a reprieve as I'm typing this: Offspring - Nitro

I once had 5 songs in a row that all had Celtic background and the only band I liked out of that genre was Dropkick Murphys...

Wow they go from Offspring to Green Day... Is it not possible to go from Dropkick Murphys to Wale or Faith No More?

Offspring

Green Day

RHCP - Under the Bridge

Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

There was a thread on whether MLS was exciting or not. If it doesn't have Ian Darke commentating, how can it be exciting? ;)

---------- Post added March-3rd-2012 at 09:03 AM ----------

hvkjP6dqpfY&feature=player_embedded

You all can play the game

I'm too much of a wimp to play :(

So I traded my 06 Altima on an 04 Wrangler Sahara Wednesday. I absolutely LOVE it!! And I love the fact that it books for $13k and I got it for $9k.

Can't wait to get it out in the back country somewhere. This morning's trip to work included "fording" the drainage ditch in front of the house. Why? Because I could. :D

royally, is that you posing in from of Sam?

---------- Post added March-3rd-2012 at 01:28 PM ----------

ix: to answer your question, soccer is never exciting.:)

---------- Post added March-3rd-2012 at 01:31 PM ----------

So I traded my 06 Altima on an 04 Wrangler Sahara Wednesday. I absolutely LOVE it!! And I love the fact that it books for $13k and I got it for $9k.

Can't wait to get it out in the back country somewhere. This morning's trip to work included "fording" the drainage ditch in front of the house. Why? Because I could. :D

For someone that loves Ford as much as you claim, why do you never own one?:D

royally, is that you posing in from of Sam?

That is one big ass statue.

ix: to answer your question, soccer is never exciting.:)

Neither is Nascar, or Pro Bass Fishing, both (okay, maybe one, but I couldn't resist the other, it just fits you really well) of which happen to be your two most favorite sports. ;)

For the first time in awhile, my main goal for today, is to just sit around, eat as much as I can, and not do a goddamn thing, while catching some high quality programming, or Netflix. I deserve it.

For someone that loves Ford as much as you claim, why do you never own one?:D

Yeah.

I've only had 4 Mustangs, 3 Ford trucks, and my first-ever new car.....a 1991 Ford Festiva. :ols:

I think I can safely say I'm a Ford fan.

---------- Post added March-3rd-2012 at 04:21 PM ----------

For the first time in awhile, my main goal for today, is to just sit around, eat as much as I can, and not do a goddamn thing, while catching some high quality programming, or Netflix. I deserve it.

I feel ya bro. I worked 9-1 today, but I don't intend to do a damn thing else. It's been a LONG time since I just stopped. Feels good for a change.

Neither is Nascar, or Pro Bass Fishing, both (okay, maybe one, but I couldn't resist the other, it just fits you really well) of which happen to be your two most favorite sports. ;)

Uh, not a fan of fishing at all, dude. Nice stereotype there. And obviously a lot of folks disagree with you about the never exciting part. Check the ratings for the 500.;)

I feel ya bro. I worked 9-1 today, but I don't intend to do a damn thing else. It's been a LONG time since I just stopped. Feels good for a change.

Hell yes.

Before, not doing **** (for me) was nothing. After how hard I've been working for these last 3-4 months, I almost feel like I need a crash course on how to live a sedentary lifestyle, so I can maximize it to the fullest of it's potential. :ols:

January-February really kicked my ass. I have the rest of today-Monday off. Feels good indeed.

---------- Post added March-3rd-2012 at 04:47 PM ----------

Uh, not a fan of fishing at all, dude. Nice stereotype there. And obviously a lot of folks disagree with you about the never exciting part. Check the ratings for the 500.;)

I guess it's somewhat understandable since my appearances 'round these parts have become sporadic at best, but come on Bubbles, you had to know that one was coming. :ols:

:cheers:

And for some weird reason, it seems to only be us lazy, fat, egotistical, soulless, greedy Americans who have never found football/soccer to be exciting, at least that's the way all the other countries make us feel. I like it though, but I'm not a diehard fan.

*Edit, wait, what the hell just happened, lol.

Archived