Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

Butter Chicken is boss.

Here is the article on Indian Fast food.. The article mentions a place in DC called Merzi, have any of you been there and would you recommend?

Tandoori chicken is also pretty good too. Would love to try Indian sometime.

Never been to Merzi and haven't heard much about it. Honestly I don't go to many Indian restaurants cause I can easily get just as good if not better food at home. But I'm excited to get some legit Butter Chicken in India, cause last time I went I was still a vegetarian.

Just caught the end of a commercial, some type of sold on TV hair trimmer. I don't watch commercials typically (live sports is the exception), but it made me wonder why would any product that is advertised this way would take 4-6 weeks for delivery ?

There is an "As Seen on TV" store at one of the malls around here. If I saw something I wanted on one of commercials, I would just go pick it up and not wait. Seems pretty silly that it could possibly take that long.

Does anyone know the reasoning ?

Talking about Rage Against The Machine in Spaceman Spiff's thread kind of got me thinking about my top 5 list (which I am notorious for doing on and off of ES, just for the debate that it generates)

1.) Fistful Of Steel ; the bass on that song is ridiculous, and in fact, if I were to ever be in a band, I would be the bassist. I just love the sound that it creates. So authoritative/powerful.

2.) Bullet In Your Head

3.) Renegades Of Funk

4.) Know Your Enemy

5.) Bulls On Parade

Honorable Mention:

No Shelter

Killing In The Name

Wake Up

Testify

Guerilla Radio

Their cover on Cypress Hill's "How I Could Just Kill A Man" is pretty good as well.

my friend (in seattle) told me his car was broken into and the thief stole his backpack. it was returned by a "local superhero" named Thorn. i loled.

Hm. Never hear of him.

The only Seattle superhero I know of goes by "Jumbo."

So I got a follow up e-mail to a summer internship I applied to in January for the US Agency for International Development. Now I've got to write a letter of interest... Never had to write one before, anyone have any tips? Especially for an internship where I don't have any relevant experience, other than schooling and bartending.

I'm excited... Kinda put it out of my head in mid February when I hadn't heard anything...

But those shows are not as iconic as the Wire

---------- Post added March-5th-2012 at 03:45 PM ----------

A few days after UCLA was outed for program dysfunction, Syracuse appears to have gone through a drug problem as well.

What a shame college programs can't do things the RIGHT way

How hard is it to avoid drug use and act like a gentleman?

Basically every major collegiate sports titan had players that used drugs or was involved in shady business

Ohio State - marijuana

Miami - money, parties

Syracuse - illegal drug use

UCLA - parties, drug use

And what makes the Wire so great is the unfiltered profanity. You can't have "real" talk on network television. Sopranos would come close, but Sopranos isn't better than the Wire.

Archived