Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Random Thought Thread

stevenaa

"essentially"? :ols: Not really. They REALLY traded three first rounders and a second. Either way, the Skins are putting a whole lot of eggs in one basket. Griffin has to be more than just good for it to be worth it. They are seriously going all in. Not hating at all, but I remember the last time the Skins traded picks to get a first round pick to grab a QB...

We swapped the number 1 this year so we still have a 1 in 2012 we won't have a 1st in 2013 & 14 which is why I said essentially.

They essentially traded 2 #1 picks and a second. I honestly don't think that's too much to give especially if those picks are in the 15-25 range.
You beat me to it. I can't believe idiots (not rp, I realize he was probably joking) don't understand stuff like this. The media is to blame, I guess. They make it sound like we gave up three first rounders, when that's not the case at all. Now I'm gonna have to continuously explain that to all these moronic Panther fans in this area.

You beat me to it. I can't believe idiots (not rp, I realize he was probably joking) don't understand stuff like this. The media is to blame, I guess. They make it sound like we gave up three first rounders, when that's not the case at all. Now I'm gonna have to continuously explain that to all these moronic Panther fans in this area.

To get RGIII, the Skins are giving the Rams three first round picks. No matter how you want to slice it. Not sure how "that's not the case." I know you are taking out the first rounder this year, but you can't do that. That pick still exists. lol

To get RGIII, the Skins are giving the Rams three first round picks. No matter how you want to slice it. Not sure how "that's not the case." I know you are taking out the first rounder this year, but you can't do that. That pick still exists. lol

I could understand that if we weren't picking this year, but we are so in my book this year we just gave up a second rounder.

Dude we SWAPPED our 6th for their 2 this year. The way I look at it is we are out our first rounder the next two years, plus this year's 2nd. It's not rocket science.

You're making it sound like we didn't have a first rounder this year. We did.

Don't be envious, man. One day you guys will find yourself a QB.:)

Dude we SWAPPED our 6th for their 2 this year. The way I look at it is we are out our first rounder the next two years, plus this year's 2nd. It's not rocket science.

Don't be envious, man. One day you guys will find yourself a QB.:)

+1

A little surprised you are on the RG3 bandwagon.

+1

A little surprised you are on the RG3 bandwagon.

Been there all along. Well, I really wanted Luck. But once that didn't appear possible, I have been on the Griffin wagon. The dude is impressive. And I'm not just talking about on the football field. Every interview I've seen he's blown me away. Did you catch the meeting he had with Mooch? The one where they talked for awhile, then Mooch draws up a play then has Griffin get up there and draw up the same play? You could tell Mooch was blown away, too.

Dude we SWAPPED our 6th for their 2 this year. The way I look at it is we were out our first rounder the next two years, plus this year's 2nd. It's not rocket science.

What? That's exactly what YOU are doing. :ols: Skins give up a 2013 and 2014 first rounder. That's what you are saying. I'm the one who is including this year's pick too. What you are doing is ignoring who the Skins would pick at #6 if they stayed there. To get RGIII, the Skins are giving the Rams the 2nd round pick in 2012, the 1st round picks in 2013 and 2014.......AND [insert solid 2012 first round pick at #6 here]. According to you, this guy at #6 isn't real.

Sin: I hear ya, man. I'm so ****ing happy now it's unreal. I sooo hope this guy pans out. He HAS to!

Free agency is gonna be exciting, too. We supposedly have a lot of cap room to get several top players. I know we will do whatever it takes to build a nice team around Griffin. Football season can't get here soon enough!

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 02:01 AM ----------

What? That's exactly what YOU are doing. :ols: Skins give up a 2013 and 2014 first rounder. That's what you are saying. I'm the one who is including this year's pick too. What you are doing is ignoring who the Skins would pick at #6 if they stayed there. To get RGIII, the Skins are giving the Rams the 2nd round pick in 2012, the 1st round picks in 2013 and 2014.......AND [insert solid 2012 first round pick at #6 here]. According to you, this guy at #6 isn't real.
We are using this year's first rounder on RG3. So in essence (just as junkies was saying earlier), we are giving up our first rounder the next two years + a 2nd this year.

You're a Dallas fan. Of course you're gonna say we gave up too much. Time will tell.

We are using this year's first rounder on RG3. So in essence (just as junkies was saying earlier), we are giving up our first rounder the next two years + a 2nd this year.

You're a Dallas fan. Of course you're gonna say we gave up too much. Time will tell.

But you can't use your first rounder on RG3...UNLESS you give the Rams your first round pick this year. :ols: :whoknows:

The way you are putting it, the Rams take someone else at #2 and the Skins get RG3 at the #6 pick.

But you can't use your first rounder on RG3...UNLESS you give the Rams your first round pick this year. :ols: :whoknows:

The way you are putting it, the Rams take someone else at #2 and the Skins get RG3 at the #6 pick.

Why are you trolling? What's so hard to understand? We gave our 6th for their 2nd. Then they get our 2nd, next year's first, and the first in 2014. Have you been drinking?

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 02:08 AM ----------

It's clear that some people are going to try to make this look like the worst trade in history. It's not even worth arguing anymore.
Yeah, I'm done.

---------- Post added March-10th-2012 at 02:11 AM ----------

****, I'm so hype right now I haven't even given myself a chance to think about FA :ols:

Hello Vincent Jackson (heard Shanny was pretty high on him in Denver, and wanted to draft him)

I'd prefer Colston, myself. But I wouldn't be unhappy with Jackson.

I just keep thinking back to that Monday night game where he didn't even attempt to catch that ball in the endzone. Sold Rivers out. Plus the deal with his DUI(s).

Why are you trolling? What's so hard to understand? We gave our 6th for their 2nd. Then they get our 2nd, next year's first, and the first in 2014. Have you been drinking?

How am I trolling? Right there you are listing three 1st round picks.

Skins get:

1st round pick

Rams get:

1st round pick

2nd round pick

1st round pick

1st round pick

If you want to say the Skins are just simply giving up two first rounders and a 2nd rounder, WITHOUT saying they are getting Griffin in exchange, then that is fine. But you are making it sound like the Skins are getting Griffin for two first rounders and a second. If what I said in the first sentence is what you were actually saying, then there was just a simple misinterpretation.

edit: I'll just chalk it up to a difference in perspective and leave it at that. Not trying to rain on your parade. I'll leave y'all to continue your party.

I think that with our QB in place, making other roster moves won't be as difficult as it was before. We're practically swimming in $$ (cap wise) anyways, IMO, these are our needs (in order):

WR - #1 wide receiver. With another offseason/TC under his belt, Hankerson should be good to go at the 2, have Moss work the slot full time, and put Gaffney at 4. We're good.

RT

SS- Pivotal

CB

ILB - Fletcher is like that busted Caddy with the shotgun backfire that just keeps on hauling ass down the road, but he'll break down at some point (and I think it will be this year), and we have to be prepared. I think that if we re-sign Fletch, then we should draft one.

I think that with our QB in place, making other roster moves won't be as difficult as it was before. We're practically swimming in $$ (cap wise) anyways, IMO, these are our needs (in order):

WR - #1 wide receiver. With another offseason/TC under his belt, Hankerson should be good to go at the 2, have Moss work the slot full time, and put Gaffney at 4. We're good.

RT

SS- Pivotal

CB

ILB - Fletcher is like that busted Caddy with the shotgun backfire that just keeps on hauling ass down the road, but he'll break down at some point (and I think it will be this year), and we have to be prepared. I think that if we re-sign Fletch, then we should draft one.

I agree with all that. And I might catch hell for this, but I wouldn't be too upset if we didn't re-sign Fletcher. I mean, I appreciate everything he's done for us and all, but like you said, I expect him to break down too. Might as well go ahead and go younger.

Man, I'm so damn excited!!! I'm not even a jersey guy, but I'm definitely gonna be picking up one this year. Can't wait! I usually only wear jerseys when I go to games (which is rare), but I might be sporting Griffin's all over town, baby!

I am wary about the deal but I am a strong believer in improving your club from the draft and raising home-grown talent to kick ass. Yeah, the Redskins probably wouldn't have been able to even draft Griffin if they had kept all their picks. But it would have been a better opportunity to improve the team as a whole. The team can still do that through free agency, though, but I would have preferred building through the draft.

Also, I keep mentioning this, but the rigid Shanahans aren't exactly QB scholars anymore. Mike did do well with Elway but this is the same guy who thought John Beck would be a legitimate starter in the NFL. So I don't exactly trust his QB coaching skills anymore. When the Redskins do draft Griffin, they best train him well, because he by most accounts is still raw.

Archived